Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 06:49 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,416,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You are describing a rude ignorant ahole deriving some pleasure from a little power trip, truly a pathetic course of action but thats what control freaks are all about,veritable communists of the road as everyone must conform to their ideas of what the rules and regulations should be.. ..
If you aint passing any one you got no business being in the passing lane.
So, you would include in this those who feel that everyone should conform to their ideas of what the speed limit (one of the major "rules and regulations" of driving) SHOULD be rather than what the speed limit (easily found, it's on signs everywhere) really IS?

Old 05-29-2014, 08:17 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,104,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
So, you would include in this those who feel that everyone should conform to their ideas of what the speed limit (one of the major "rules and regulations" of driving) SHOULD be rather than what the speed limit (easily found, it's on signs everywhere) really IS?
The sentence below is really all that needs to be said.

Quote:
If you aint passing any one you got no business being in the passing lane.
I really hope I never encounter you on the road, your attitude toward driving and how to be a responsible, courteous driver are ridiculous.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:21 PM

890 posts, read 1,850,270 times
Keep right except to pass. It's the rule of the road. it means that even if you are doing the speed limit, you keep right. Don't play traffic cop.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:26 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,234,108 times
Since my car has in excess of 300hp I can drive in the left lane and when someone decides to pass me (exceeding the limit) I will just give my car more gas and unleash those ponies!

Old 05-29-2014, 10:31 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,416,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
The sentence below is really all that needs to be said.

I really hope I never encounter you on the road, your attitude toward driving and how to be a responsible, courteous driver are ridiculous.
Likewise, I feel exactly the same way about you. Except you'll likely never realize that you've encountered me on the road because, as I've said, I'm always driving in the right or center lane, never in the left, except to pass, and since you spend all of your time zoomie zooming in the left lane and only notice other drivers when they're in the way of that, you'll never notice me while you'll, as you no doubt desire, be the center of attention as you roar by.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:24 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,319,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Tailgaters are the symptom and result of the root problem, which is the people who cannot grasp a simple concept like the fact that speed limits are enforced with a 5 to 7 mph overage by law enforcement. Speed limits are not enforced "letter of the law", this is a fact.

Using speed limits as "letter of the law" to justify a need/psychological defect to police others on the highways is where the tailgating problem most often begins. That's the root cause, morons who need to police others (because they are pathetic humans beings themselves) by parking in the left lane with the cruise set at or below the exact speed limit.

And lets be honest here - the ones who do this and argue THE LAW? They do take a smug and sick pleasure in their sad little piece of "power" for the day. It's what it's all about for them.
So says the armchair psychologist with a PH.D in nothing.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
To add/
Seems to me those going over the speed limit dont have an anger problem we are just driving along at the speed that feels comfortable to us which is usually 10-20mph over the limit,if this is something thats hard to deal with i'd say you got the anger problem as on the interstate every one goes over the limit..
Reminds me of the type back in grade school who sat in the front of the class and would continually bleat out teacher teacher johnny did this or Peter did that Teacher teacher Bobby isnt playing fair
Well they grew up and guess what....
You obviously got in trouble a lot in school. Sorry for that. But don't blame the 'good' kids for your troubles.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Push back from the keyboard, and go take your meds.

If you want to obey the law so much, then pull over, as that's the law. You can't disobey that law and then get mad at us for not obeying the law, that makes you a hypocrite. If you want to police everyone, START WITH YOURSELF! And move over. If you want us to obey all laws, then you have to obey all laws.
All these personal attacks against someone that you don't even know, that you don't know anything about other than he/she disagrees with you on the topic of driving the speed limit in the fast lane.

You disagree with me, so I will personally attack you because you disagreeing with me frustrates me and makes me angry...whaaa, whaaa, whaaa.......LOL......I see elementary school never totally leaves some people! LOL

But it is entertaining, so God bless!

Old 05-30-2014, 11:44 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
When I see that the police have pulled someone over, I could only guess at the reason.
How do you actually know?
I have no idea if people get pulled over for camping in the left lane, but do know people rarely get pulled over for going 5-10mph over the speed limit. How do I know this, you ask? Because the left/middle-lane traffic on most freeways here runs about 10mph (if not more) over the limit, and I've passed enough cops while on these freeways to know they ignore it. Otherwise we'd all be getting pulled over daily! I've passed cops going as fast as 15mph over without catching their attention, but that seems to be the threshold.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:00 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nice to see someone pointing out to many of the others around here that there are some extremely diverse driving environments around the country.

A lot of people here seem unable to look beyond their own experiences.

There are different sets of ettiquette involved when communting someplace like the coast and just driving down some 55mph road for a Sunday drive.
Yes, exactly!! I was just thinking of that point yesterday, as I was being tailgated by a Ford Focus @ 85mph... actually thought of Texas Horse Lady (or whatever her name is), and how she'd probably have a coronary while driving on our freeways.

Reminds me of when my grandmother used to visit, and would make us take surface roads from San Mateo to San Francisco, which is almost 20 miles. She would NOT let us get on the freeway, even for a second, and described them as "those California death-trap racetracks." And while she was born in 1917, she's also spent her 97 years in Philadelphia & Boston suburbs - so it's not like she is from Okietown, Kansas, or something.

I've lived and driven in many many different regions, and every one of them has their own "attitude." When I first moved to Oregon, for example, it took me a while to adjust to their polite & Sunday-driver habits. I'd be anticipating things like being blocked from changing lanes, and felt all confused when they slowed down and waved me over. Almost made me suspicious, lol. Even the differences between LA & SF/SJ are apparent, as I instinctively change my driving style when in SoCal... they don't tailgate or speed as much as us, but will do anything within their power to keep you from passing. Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive