Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 11:20 AM

159 posts, read 292,347 times

Advertisements

I don't understand some people's need to control what others feel and think and do. Its not your business. If they are speeding, its their business.
Wars are started with this mindset. This is part of what is wrong with America. Mind your own business and do your thing.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:23 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
Oh please.... I don't like getting tailgated either. 99% of the time its some jackass with no other reason than he or she is a jackass that thinks the road was made especially for him. If I had to get to the hospital or some other emergency, I would keep my distance and find a safe place to pass.... not ride the person in front of me off the road.
Your description is that of a single lane road, I agree with what you just wrote and the person in front may not be comfortable driving faster due to their age, poor driving skills, conditions or maybe they are on a donut spare etc.

When it's a multi-lane interstate, 99% of the time I notice they are chatting on their cell phone or otherwise driving distracted and gumming up the flow of traffic by camping out in the passing lane.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:42 AM

790 posts, read 1,269,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyname10 View Post
Mind your own business and do your thing.
Yea lets all just shoot up heroin and be happy...besides im just doing "my own thing"

Old 05-28-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
Yea lets all just shoot up heroin and be happy...besides im just doing "my own thing"

Kind of makes me question your morals if that's the first thing you thought of.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:07 PM

790 posts, read 1,269,417 times
Quote:
Kind of makes me question your morals if that's the first thing you thought of.

lol I was making a point that speeding just doesnt affect YOU. Speaking of morals what kind of self centered idiot puts others lives in danger by riding people's a**?

Old 05-28-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
lol I was making a point that speeding just doesnt affect YOU. Speaking of morals what kind of self centered idiot puts others lives in danger by riding people's a**?

Not that I agree with it, but you didn't make a point - you shooting up heroin wouldn't affect me.

This is ridiculous. You started this thread and have yet to take into account what anyone else has said. What was the point of you asking the question if you're not going to listen to anyone's responses? And calling people self centered idiots kind of shows your own character. You have no idea what is going on in the lives of the people driving around you.
Technically, you're the one who is putting someone's life in danger if you're impeding traffic... I can explain more if you really want to keep this senseless thread going. If you actually READ any of the responses above, you'd see that everything you're saying has already been argued.

And TexasLady never responded to my comment about her beating the same thing over and over. Hm. Convenient.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:07 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,416,260 times
Quote:
I don't understand some people's need to control what others feel and think and do. Its not your business. If they are speeding, its their business.
Wars are started with this mindset. This is part of what is wrong with America. Mind your own business and do your thing.
And, likewise, "I don't understand some people's need to control what others feel and think and do. Its not your business. If they are driving the speed limit, it's their business."

There are, speeding aside, two basic issues here. One is driving the speed limit. The other is tailgating, at any speed. Which one is, if you are absolutely honest and drop all the "Damn it, he's not speeding and he's in my way and that's just WRONG" verbiage, the more dangerous thing to do?

Old 05-28-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady
Again (amazing how many people apparently don't actually read the thread), I've stated several times that I don't drive in the left lane except to pass or take a left exit. That STILL does not change right and wrong as far as the traffic laws are concerned, NOR does it change the fact that there are people on here whose egos are so tied up in how heavy their foot is that they can't see the simple fact that they are choosing, intentionally and with malice aforethought, to break the speed limit law and at the same time are insisting that other drivers obey the move right law so that they themselves find it easier to break the speed limit law. See how hypocritical that is? Why aren't you advising them to drop their egos?

Yes, I let speed demons by if I should happen to be in the left lane passing someone in the right, as soon as I can safely complete the pass and move over without endangering anyone else (the speed demon notwithstanding). Actually, it's a good way to pull off the cops up ahead for everyone else. But this is not something they are entitled to by right; the slower traffic keep right law means, again, traffic driving slower than the speed limit is to keep right.

It would be amusing, if it weren't frightening, to see just how far people here will go to avoid acknowledging that they are doing something wrong and that they think that they are ENTITLED to speed because, well, well, because they ARE, that's why! And how hard they will work to deny the very clear fact that they have made that choice and that no one else really owes it to them to do likewise or to accommodate them, and that they are flat wrong in their idea that their wish to break the law overrides everyone else's wish to obey it.

Again, if you are obeying the speed limit laws, there is no problem.

If you are breaking the speed limit laws, you have given up any right to whine because someone else doesn't obey a different law that you want them to because it makes it easier for YOU to break the law. And, for that matter, you have given up any right to whine because someone else is obeying the law, which is what most of this is on here, if you're honest about it.

Grow up and get over it.

Quote:
Texas Lady are you dizzy? You keep running circles with your arguments. If you are so righteous and always move over when "speed demons" come up behind you and typically drive in the right lane then why do you keep harping about the same thing? You're not the person they are complaining about.

The complaint I have now is that you think you're the traffic police. There will never be a time that everyone drives exactly the speed limit. Unless you have never driven 1mph over the posted limit then you have also broken the law and have no room to talk. Many states have made this a law now FOR A REASON. I expect more will follow. I don't see many police officers pulling people over for going 5-10mph over the posted limit. I have, however seen them pull people over for camping in the "fast" lane, slowing down traffic.
So you should probably "Grow up and get over it".

^^ this is what you didn't respond to.

I am not going to keep going in circles with you. You're simply avoiding answering my questions.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:37 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,822,958 times
Minding our own business doesn't work because blocking the left lane affects others. Speeding does not affect others to even close to the same degree.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:41 PM

41 posts, read 67,665 times
Basically this is how it is in a nut shell .....anyone who is drivning faster than me is a maniac , and anyone who is driving slower than me is an idiot ...lol think about it ....ive bet you have thought that ! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive