Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 09:20 AM

2,429 posts, read 4,023,230 times

Advertisements

1) He was FOUND 4 hours later...we don't know when -- during the 4 hours...he died. he could have died the first hour.
2) As for why no one saw him...that's my thing, too. One article I saw said police could tell he tried to get out and get people's attention...REALLY? HOW?

He/the car -- was in a Waffle House parking lot for HOURS -- at LUNCH TIME...11:30 a when he went out...to 3:30 when he was found. Where the hell did he park...at the back of the lot behind the dumpster....where NO ONE saw him.

A red corvette (I think his was red) is the kind of car people turn to look at JUST BECAUSE! So if he was waving in the car, banging, or whatever...you mean to tell me NO ONE saw that in a corvette!...in a restaurant parking lot during prime lunch time?

I know corvette seats are LOW and TIGHT....so turning in the seat and and over console to get in a position to kick the window out -- at 72 years old...I don't think so.....BUT...

...still..you'd think someone would have looked over his way....just to see the 'Vette. If a driver in a 'vette is flailing and waving you CAN still see that.

I hate to say it...but I can't imagine that he really TRIED to get out. I mean bang, make noise, rock the car. Uh, yeah if all he did was try to pick the door open....or trip the lock with a writing pen....clearly that wasn't enough.

Quote:
Maybe he didn't panic. Maybe he kept trying to start the car, trying to find out how to open the door or window, etc., and never even dreamed that he was in danger. Maybe he started to get sick from the heat, and didn't recognize it as being dangerous. Maybe he got delirious, and started hallucinating.
Yeah, but to me -- even in the Texas heat you'd think there's plenty of time between realizing "Oh $#!^, it's hot in here"...and passing out. The thing to do is NOT panic ...just get help ANY WAY YOU CAN!

There've been times I've waited for someone in the car, haven't turned the air on..."Oh I'll just sit here and wait." It doesn't take long before I'm thinking, "I think I better turn the AC on. It's hot as the dickens in here."

A friend of mine even wondered if someone DIDN"T come up to him early on, and he said "no, I got it I'll be all right" and then never could get the door open.

Again Waffle House parking lot at lunch time, a Corvette.... I just don''t see how he couldn't get help. Maybe an autopsy will show he had a heart attack for the panic and not the heat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 09:49 AM

922 posts, read 1,149,505 times
If I were 72 I'd probably be suffering from severe arthritis and have had a hip replacement so kicking out the window would be impossible. Since the car was bought used it probably didn't come with a owner's manual so I wouldn't know about the manual unlock. I wouldn't be able to start the car or honk due to the dead battery. Couldn't call anyone since forgot my cell in the restaurant. Can't get anyone's attention because I'm parked in the corner out of view.

Honestly, most wouldn't have done any better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive