Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2016, 09:21 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,217,290 times

Advertisements

It is really nice to be able to see over the little car in front of you to know what is ahead. Also when pulling out of parking spaces in shopping centers sitting higher in the truck allows me to see approaching traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 11:22 AM

160 posts, read 163,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
As a U.S. female, I can say that I loved having pickup trucks because they gave me a sense of independence and self-sufficiency. I didn't need to call a male friend or relative to help me move or to help me pick something up from Home Depot.

Why would anyone want a sports car? They just scream juvenile impatience and fussiness to me.
Thank you I love my truck is just a midsize still my truck.
I drive 5 days a week a 40 foot or 60 foot vehicle that over 17 years.

So please op don't think woman don't drive trucks, 18 wheeler or buses.
Yes woman buying trucks,too

Old 02-10-2016, 11:36 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
I don't understand the affinity of males in the US for pick up trucks.
Many of us males don't love' pickups as much as we need them to move the things females like to own.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:20 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,093,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Looking at the mileage, they hardly drive much there.
That's true for all cars there, as they don't have long distances to go while stating inside any given country, and most people stay fairly close to home.

Old 02-10-2016, 12:26 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
Oh Caverunner must have ran back in the cave. I haven't seen him/her in this thread for several pages.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:50 PM

639 posts, read 579,747 times
Every time I come back here there's a new stupid thread about why people own trucks. OP how do you know what the person commuting with a truck does with it latter? Please can this be the last one, It's been answered a million times with as many good reason's. People have a real hard time with thinking out a question or problem on there own.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:00 PM

998 posts, read 1,237,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
I don't understand the affinity of males in the US for pick up trucks.

Did Ralph Nader send you? Or are you a federal government employee ?? "Let's outlaw everything that I don't think someone should have"

https://youtu.be/grZn0Jj8GFg

Old 02-10-2016, 03:40 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,732,892 times
My brother got his PhD and got a pretty high paying corporate job.

Day one on the job the President, gently chided him for parking his pickup in executive parking.

Friday, at the end of the first week, said President asked my brother to borrow his truck to haul some crap for his wife.

Brother never heard another word about his pickup....other than requests to borrow.

Not much else to say.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:07 PM

3,336 posts, read 2,140,399 times
Fuel economy and parking are the only moderately bothersome aspects of having a truck in my opinion, and they're not really burdens that I'm concerned with: gas is cheap right now and I park in the back of parking lots whether I'm driving our truck, SUV, or sedan so that older people and families with children can have closer spots. My truck, with few exceptions, is substantially more comfortable (and roomy) than an equal or lower priced sedan or SUV and has all (or more) of the same features in addition to the bonuses that I can easily perform tasks (that I need to do regularly) and go places that the aforementioned cannot.

I will admit, however, that I get irked by folks who use their trucks as a tool of irritation or those who simply cannot handle them... and there are plenty of those types where I live. I call this 'TMTS,' short for 'Too Much Truck Syndrome.'

Old 02-10-2016, 08:14 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,392,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
have you ever been to europe? have you been on the roads over there? most of them are quite narrow, and trucks, as well as full sized cars, just dont fit the roads very well. not to mention that cities like london are quite crowded, and it is hard to get around on city streets, worse than new york or LA for example.

so with narrow roads, and very heavy traffic, a truck just doesnt fit very well over there.
You do know that most of European infrastructure was DESTROYED TWICE less than 100 years ago. Sure, the old historic areas and mega-cities are narrow and not optimal, but they rebuilt a ton well into the age of the automobile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive