Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2023, 10:17 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times

Advertisements

I believe they had the Lebrons stats up on last nights game that since Lebron hit 38 he has averaged 35 a game with a near triple double in assists and rebounds. That is a good run for any player at any age. Interesting they chose the Nets game as the rest game. Perhaps Lebron wanted to play at MSG. I like how Rui H is fitting in with the Lakers. On paper it looked like a good trade and it is also in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2023, 07:43 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,342,896 times
https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-jame...022724013.html

LeBron James is right there. The Los Angeles Lakers star is poised to take the league's all-time scoring title in the coming days after yet another strong performance on Thursday night in Indianapolis. James entered Thursday's game just 89 points away from passing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as the NBA's all-time scoring leader. He put up 26 points against the Indiana Pacers, and had seven rebounds and seven assists, which moved him to just 63 points away from breaking Abdul-Jabbar's mark. The Pacers led nearly the entire way at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Yet it was a huge 21-10 run to start the fourth quarter that got the Lakers back within just 1 point. Finally, after a pair of James free throws, Anthony Davis hit a bucket and then blocked a late shot attempt from Tyrese Haliburton to put the Lakers in the lead once again and seal the 112-111 win.

This is one of the all time records that puts Lebron on the Mt Rushmore of NBA greats. He'll probably break the record against the Thunder or Bucks at home. That is going to be the most expensive ticket to get. Wish I was there.

Old 02-03-2023, 09:42 AM

I would like to see it happen against the Bucks. The two teams Kareem played for. I wonder if Kareem will be there? He is not fond of LeBron.

Old 02-03-2023, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I would like to see it happen against the Bucks. The two teams Kareem played for. I wonder if Kareem will be there? He is not fond of LeBron.
I think Kareem will show up. I heard they weren't best buds but I read lately that Kareem has been saying the right things. I am paraphrasng but when Kareem broke the record held by Wilt, Wilt wasn't kind to him at all. IMO, I don't think Kareem wants to treat Lebron like Wilt treated him.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kareem-abdu...052721924.html

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar will be in the stands at Crypto.com Arena next week to watch while LeBron James tries to surpass him as the NBA’s all-time leading scorer, according to Reuters’ Rory Carroll. James is rapidly approaching Abdul-Jabbar’s record that he set back in 1984, several months before James was even born. James, who put up 26 points on Thursday night against the Indiana Pacers, is just 63 points away from the record. He’s on pace to surpass Abdul-Jabbar’s mark next week either against the Oklahoma City Thunder or Milwaukee Bucks — something that has caused ticket prices to skyrocket in recent days. While it would make sense that one NBA great would be there to watch the other for such a historical milestone, many speculated that might not be the case. James and Abdul-Jabbar have had a rocky relationship — or no relationship at all, depending on who you ask — in recent years. Abdul-Jabbar has criticized James multiple times in public in recent years, largely over the COVID-19 pandemic. He slammed James after he supported players who wanted to forgo receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, and said James was “plain wrong — and his being wrong could be deadly, especially to the Black community.” He also ripped James for sharing a Spiderman meme falsely comparing COVID-19 to the cold and flu. James then doubled down on his take. Abdul-Jabbar also apologized last year after saying that a lot of James’ social stances are “really beneath him.” While Abdul-Jabbar has praised James plenty of times in the past and has said he’s rooting for James to break his scoring record, it was a comment that James made in October that really turned heads. When asked if he had a relationship with Abdul-Jabbar and what he thought about potentially breaking the record this season, James was very clear. “Nah, no thoughts. And no relationship,” he said.

Old 02-04-2023, 11:37 AM

Its a Lakers fan page so they may have no idea what they are talking about.

How the Lakers getting Rui Hachimura may have prompted Kyrie Irving’s trade demand

Acquiring Hachimura essentially removed that free agency possibility since the Lakers cut into their future projected cap space. Once that happened, Irving could get max money or close to it one of two ways: an extension with Brooklyn or trade to the Lakers or another team who’d acquire his Bird Rights with the expectation of a new long-term contract.

Old 03-12-2023, 01:00 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,806,194 times
Bud Grant, member of the 1950 Lakers championship team, has passed.

He also coached the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to four Grey Cup championships.

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/footb...gend-bud-grant

Old 10-19-2023, 11:44 AM

Nice lineup for the Lake show. They may get to the Western conference finals if they can stay healthy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...ca563c43&ei=26

Lakers squad for 2023/24

LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Austin Reaves
Rui Hachimura
D’Angelo Russell
Gabe Vincent
Christian Wood
Jarred Vanderbilt
Taurean Prince
Jaxson Hayes
Jalen Hood-Schifino
Cam Redish
Maxwell Lewis
Max Christie

The franchise also has three players on two-way contracts: Colin Castleton, Alex Fudge and D’Moi Hodge.

Old 10-19-2023, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Nice lineup for the Lake show. They may get to the Western conference finals if they can stay healthy.

That is the key. No team is going to the WCF if one of their top 2 players are out injured. Denver a 1st round exit a year ago with Murray injured, next year a healthy team wins it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball