Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2020, 08:04 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,774,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyCity View Post
the jello is a jigglin

Yes it is. I wonder when Chick would have called it? Congrats to the Lakers. And I have a lot of respect for Miami. They have a young confident team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2020, 08:26 PM

8,660 posts, read 3,858,794 times
The Lakers' 17th Title; they are now tied with Boston for the record.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:30 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,439,529 times
Yeah shout out to Jimmy Buckets. I knew he was a good player but I didnt think he was THAT good. Some of those players need to take a step forward this offseason especially Bam offensively, and Herro all round. Herro to me has the potential to be a poor man's Curry. He needs to work on his ball handling some more, his defense isnt great, but then most rookies are crap on defense. Hopefully he doesnt kick back and think he's made it but instead works his butt off this offseason. IF all this happens, then I think the Heat will have something special for a few years. Although the big key will be how well KD and Kyrie are when they come back. If they are at 100 per cent then you can forget all this because no one's beating the Nets then.

Old 10-11-2020, 08:57 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Yep.

They need to get AD's signature on that max 5 year $202 million contract once free agency opens but, given his speech during the presentation ceremony, he's not going anywhere.

One more next season, and they'll be on the top of the mountain (and I'll be able to put some piece of related memorabilia on my dad's grave for a minute and take a picture.....he's buried in SF, and he was a die hard Celtics fan).

Old 10-11-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yep.

They need to get AD's signature on that max 5 year $202 million contract once free agency opens but, given his speech during the presentation ceremony, he's not going anywhere.

One more next season, and they'll be on the top of the mountain (and I'll be able to put some piece of related memorabilia on my dad's grave for a minute and take a picture.....he's buried in SF, and he was a die hard Celtics fan).

AD is not going anywhere. If they flamed out like the Clippers did I would not be so confident. And him playing with LeBron for whatever amount if time it ends up being will elevate his game even more. Something Giannis does have the luxury of. When LeBron retires I would not mind seeing Leonard move over from the Clips. They would be a good combo.

Old 10-11-2020, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
If they are at 100 per cent then you can forget all this because no one's beating the Nets then.

You are saying KD and Kyrie are as good as LeBron and AD? You look at Kyrie in Boston a year ago and Walker this year. Were they better with Kyrie?

I think the Nets will be good not sure they are better than Boston, Miami, Toronto or Milwaukee. But their stars are head cases.

Old 10-11-2020, 10:18 PM

888 posts, read 805,389 times

Old 10-12-2020, 05:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Good for the Lakers but basketball has lost so much and so many fans due to a stupid political stand. I know more who will not pay any attention again to a once fun sport. Sad, but true!!!!

Old 10-12-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Good for the Lakers but basketball has lost so much and so many fans due to a stupid political stand. I know more who will not pay any attention again to a once fun sport. Sad, but true!!!!
I know people on the left who won't go to Chik-fillet or Hobby Lobby because of politics. I know people on the right who won't watch pro sports because of BLM or watch movies with far left stars in them.

Such a sad life on both sides. I personally am going to enjoy this life which is way too short to worry about the politics behind everything.

That reminds me I am going to get some Chik-fillet chicken nuggets for lunch. They are the best. And.

Go Lakers!!!

Old 10-12-2020, 08:10 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post

And they will surpass them, it's just a matter of time before we leave Boston in the dust!! I just wish it was Boston that we beat instead of Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball