Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2020, 10:29 PM

8,660 posts, read 3,858,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think the Bucks were overrated. The east is easier and gave the impression that they were better than they were.
As is typically the case the past twenty years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2020, 06:14 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
As is typically the case the past twenty years.

That is true.

Old 10-05-2020, 10:07 AM

560 posts, read 581,277 times
I had a feeling that this would go 4 or 5 games. This game 3 had the same feel of Game 3 of the WCF, where the Lakers appeared to be battling uphill for most of the game. The Lakers are a much better team when they are in control, with a double digit lead, trading baskets, battling downhill. Its when they're at their best. The Lakers did outrebound the Heat, 43-37, but the Heat had a better shooting night 51% to 43%. Also the Lakers turning the ball over 19 times didn't help their cause, creating opportunities for the Heat. Jimmy Butler, took advantage and went to work scoring 40 points with 11 rebounds and 13 assists. Outstanding night and kept the Heat in this series. Game 4 Tuesday.

Old 10-06-2020, 03:36 AM

You could see it from the start that with the early turnovers the Lakers were not focused. They also missed a lot of easy shots near the basket. AD never got in sync due to foul trouble. Butler played a great game. He is a real competitor.

The Lakers have been able to run off at least 4 wins in a row after previous losses in these playoffs. They only need 2 this time.

Old 10-07-2020, 08:42 AM

The jello is a jigglin, well not quite yet but it appears to be looming with the Lakers up 3-1. Of course the reference attributed to the great Chick Hearn. Tough battle last night as the Heat had plenty of momentum from game 3 to make this one interesting. Anthony Davis did a great job in his assignment of containing Jimmy Butler with help from LeBron James and the Lakers defense, helping them take command of the series. Also Kentavious Caldwell-Pope's trifecta bucket and layup late were key, but it was AD's trifecta with 40 seconds in regulation that sealed the win. Closeout game is scheduled for Friday with a golden opportunity for the Lakers to collect their 17th NBA title.

Old 10-07-2020, 12:21 PM

Chick Hearn, what a great announcer he was. I am not going to put it in the refrigerator just yet. Lebron is 3-0 in NBA finals closeout games. No one has ever been 4-0. I am sure he is aware of this and should add a little more motivation. Miami is a lot like Denver. They are not going to give up.

Old 10-07-2020, 06:34 PM

8,660 posts, read 3,858,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyCity View Post
Closeout game is scheduled for Friday with a golden opportunity for the Lakers to collect their 17th NBA title.
Your entire post reads as though you're (a sportscaster) trying to build excitement while it's merely a formality at this point. A Lakers' Championship is already in the bucket, so to speak, pun intended. :-)

Old 10-08-2020, 12:11 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Your entire post reads as though you're (a sportscaster) trying to build excitement while it's merely a formality at this point. A Lakers' Championship is already in the bucket, so to speak, pun intended. :-)
Well, I’m still looking forward to seeing zero time left on the clock cementing winning a fourth game .

I’ve been a Lakers and Warriors fan for over 50 years, but more Lakers since reading a book about Jerry West while in elementary school (also over 50 years ago.).

I thought the Lakers would 3-peat in 2011 and tie the Celtics (my father’s favorite team) with 17 titles.

Now it looks as though that will finally happen this week .

Old 10-08-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Well, I’m still looking forward to seeing zero time left on the clock cementing winning a fourth game .
It ain't over till its over or until the fat lady sings. Whatever cliche fits. That being said its better to be up 3-1 than down 3-1.

With this crappy year everyone has had to endure for me at least a Lakers championship will make it a little less crappy.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I'm cautiously optimistic that this is a mere formality after tough games 3 and 4. Sure the Lakers are up 3-1, but they should expect the same kind of fight by the Heat that they displayed in those games. If the Lakers come out and play flawless basketball, which they are very capable of doing, it may be enough for the Heat to concede. Then at that point it becomes a mere formality from my perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball