Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 02:28 PM

126,266 posts, read 19,034,903 times

Advertisements

I am reading now a lot of baking books, because Christmas time is coming up and I need to plan what to bake. Here are some examples: Baking is fun by Ötker
Company is coming by Jean Pare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 02:43 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
I am reading now a lot of baking books, because Christmas time is coming up and I need to plan what to bake. Here are some examples: Baking is fun by Ötker -- Company is coming by Jean Pare
My mom baked every year, until her last. I used to tell her not to send so many because I am always fighting weight gain and I cannot resist her cookies. I really missed those cookies last year and would've gladly eaten every one of them!

I hope you and your recipients enjoy every crumb.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:09 PM

233 posts, read 445,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
My mom baked every year, until her last. I used to tell her not to send so many because I am always fighting weight gain and I cannot resist her cookies. I really missed those cookies last year and would've gladly eaten every one of them!

I hope you and your recipients enjoy every crumb.
My ex MIL does the same thing. She spends weeks baking enough to send out to all the family, and also for her many friends in her small town to enjoy. I always thought that was the sweetest thing! It was definitely appreciated

Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boolouwho View Post
My ex MIL does the same thing. She spends weeks baking enough to send out to all the family, and also for her many friends in her small town to enjoy. I always thought that was the sweetest thing! It was definitely appreciated
Reps to your mom, and all those who leave such good, lasting memories in our lives.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Reps to your mom, and all those who leave such good, lasting memories in our lives.
Yes Amen thanks for such wonderful words LFM I remember my granny at this time of year and it still brings tears to my eyes and I also miss my cousin it has been a long time and many thanksgivings since 9/11 and we still miss him . Another reason I probably dont go home for christmas it just is not the same .

Old 11-15-2012, 05:39 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,016,638 times
I'm ridiculous. I said that I wasn't ever going to read it (I even promised Ketabcha and fromupthere that I'd stay far away from it) and I also told Ketabcha today that I've been looking for "light" books, but I'm about to start Auschwitz: A Doctor's Eyewitness Account by Miklos Nyiszli. We'll see how far into I get before feeling too ill to continue.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:50 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,073,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I'm ridiculous. I said that I wasn't ever going to read it (I even promised Ketabcha and fromupthere that I'd stay far away from it) and I also told Ketabcha today that I've been looking for "light" books, but I'm about to start Auschwitz: A Doctor's Eyewitness Account by Miklos Nyiszli. We'll see how far into I get before feeling too ill to continue.
That book will make you cry and throw up please dont read it , I tried and I was so ill i had to stop the book .Please dont read it .

Old 11-15-2012, 06:25 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,348,993 times
Quote:
Put down the Kindle and walk away!!!! You should not be reading that book!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,016,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
That book will make you cry and throw up please dont read it , I tried and I was so ill i had to stop the book .Please dont read it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
Put down the Kindle and walk away!!!! You should not be reading that book!
I was about to take Artie out, then get into bed and start it.

Hmmmm.

I won't.

I don't know what I was thinking.

Clearly, I wasn't thinking at all.

ETA: I'd borrowed it from the library. It's returned and deleted.

Last edited by DawnMTL; 11-15-2012 at 07:30 PM..

Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I was about to take Artie out, then get into bed and start it. Hmmmm.

I won't. I don't know what I was thinking. Clearly, I wasn't thinking at all.
And here I just rep'd you for giving it a go.

Seriously, I couldn't read it -- would not even attempt it.

I'm at the tail end of "Come, Thou Tortoise" and finished "Oogy" last night on the way home from school. I still have "When it Happens to You" in the wings. I wish I could read as quickly as you all do, but I just don't seem to be able to do it.

Right now I've left Oddly in the pub with her dad's arch nemesis explaining about remembering how to be young.... I've got to get back to that because I need to remember that myself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books