Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2011, 02:18 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,506,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Apparently Ye...... you don't know much about China.

Oh and by the way, China too has an illegal immigration problem, estimated to be 50,000,000 illegal immigrants in China.

Really? I degrade? Here, find fault with anything I post, show the world my facts are not accurate. Don't whine, convince.

I have no partisan politics, Conservatism is a psychological state, not necessarily a political stance, there ain't nobody more conservative than a traditional Democratic Southerner.

Oh, another flaw in Conservative ideology is that they commonly hold beliefs unsubstantiated by research and or facts.
Yeah i do.. I happen to have learned a lot after dating one from china for over 4-5 years who knows a great deal about her country. One thing your blind behind will note is the huge and distinct separation between the cultural regions... As far as language, the vast majority speak (standard Chinese) aka Mandarin... more than 1.2 billion to be exact.. runner up is Shanghainese/Cantonese with an amazing 70/90 million or so people...

The regions are separated and not integrated (that's the glaring point) .. one that should be obvious to you if you aren't blind .. they might as well be separate countries. That being said, I was responding to .highlnlite's random observation that yes.. China doesn't have the issues the U.S has... Why? Because it is not the U.S . Again, thanks for your history/geography lesson ...

As far as the illegal immigrants, China doesn't have the social services the U.S has ... the illegal immigrants are concentrated ... and the policing system their is very strict (unlike the U.S) .. thus, why, even w/ it .. you don't have issues.. Of recent were issues in some of the northern regions in which a lot of illegal muslims have overrun certain towns.. Police were dispatched and beat the living daylights out of them and peace was restored.

Again, the comparison of what the hell is going on in China w/ respect to the U.S was idiotic in terms of this discussion (and has nothing to do w/ guns)... that's what i wanted to point out before you started trying to give me a history/geography lesson on china.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 03:09 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Apparently Ye...... you don't know much about China.

Oh and by the way, China too has an illegal immigration problem, estimated to be 50,000,000 illegal immigrants in China.

Really? I degrade? Here, find fault with anything I post, show the world my facts are not accurate. Don't whine, convince.

I have no partisan politics, Conservatism is a psychological state, not necessarily a political stance, there ain't nobody more conservative than a traditional Democratic Southerner.

Oh, another flaw in Conservative ideology is that they commonly hold beliefs unsubstantiated by research and or facts.
Is this for me?
What the ____ do all these maps of China have to do with Brown signing a gun ban? If your goal was to derail a good thread then mission accomplished.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:38 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,688,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Yeah i do.. I happen to have learned a lot after dating one from china for over 4-5 years who knows a great deal about her country. One thing your blind behind will note is the huge and distinct separation between the cultural regions... As far as language, the vast majority speak (standard Chinese) aka Mandarin... more than 1.2 billion to be exact.. runner up is Shanghainese/Cantonese with an amazing 70/90 million or so people...

The regions are separated and not integrated (that's the glaring point) .. one that should be obvious to you if you aren't blind .. they might as well be separate countries. That being said, I was responding to .highlnlite's random observation that yes.. China doesn't have the issues the U.S has... Why? Because it is not the U.S . Again, thanks for your history/geography lesson ...

As far as the illegal immigrants, China doesn't have the social services the U.S has ... the illegal immigrants are concentrated ... and the policing system their is very strict (unlike the U.S) .. thus, why, even w/ it .. you don't have issues.. Of recent were issues in some of the northern regions in which a lot of illegal muslims have overrun certain towns.. Police were dispatched and beat the living daylights out of them and peace was restored.

Again, the comparison of what the hell is going on in China w/ respect to the U.S was idiotic in terms of this discussion (and has nothing to do w/ guns)... that's what i wanted to point out before you started trying to give me a history/geography lesson on china.
I have no problem giving you a history/geography/linquistics lesson, you appear to need it. I do find it humorous that you state the "illegal immigrants are concentrated" as if that some how negates the fact that they got 50 million of the suckers, who because of their propensity for spreading aids among the Han (you do know what that is don'cha) the army goes after them,, but, because the Chinese economy is such, they keep coming. The muslims aren't illegal silly, they are merely muslims from occupied Chinese Turkistan.

Thank you for letting us know you came from Florida, that was very helpful.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Is this for me?
No, getting a bit defensive is we?

Old 10-18-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I have no problem giving you a history/geography/linquistics lesson, you appear to need it. I do find it humorous that you state the "illegal immigrants are concentrated" as if that some how negates the fact that they got 50 million of the suckers, who because of their propensity for spreading aids among the Han (you do know what that is don'cha) the army goes after them,, but, because the Chinese economy is such, they keep coming. The muslims aren't illegal silly, they are merely muslims from occupied Chinese Turkistan.
No sh*t sherlock .. again, thanks for the stating what I already know .. I've heard this and a hellavuh lot more from my girlfriend over 4-5 years.

Would help if you actually knew some depth .. which you don't.. since you don't, let me once again give it to you...

those 50 million suckers get exploited to no end .. typically are of the Cantonese variant linguistically (and serve a net positive in the regions they keep them huddled up in.. given a lack of social services .. and high demand for cheap slave like labor) and guess what, china doesn't have a world of safety nets for them (like we do here).. Nor does china have the prosperity we have here .. .. It's what economist refer to as a developed vs. developing economy....
They are in large need of slave like labor (given their economy which mimics the one of America's industrial past - unlike our present one) .. thus why such illegal immigration is tolerated.

Suffice to say, immigration is strictly enforced in non slave labor regions...

so, people sorta work for what they have there .. There would be no problem w/ illegal immigration in the u.s if they weren't such a big drain on the social services we provide (resulting in net negative impact).. you know, old america.. where, in that context, illegal immigration served a net positive for a developing nation. Today is not old America, something someone who is stuck in it wont get ....

As for the illegals, they also go after them because they have risen through the ranks of slave labor and are starting to encroach on local businesses of legal chinese businessmen and women .. Where did you hear about that Aids crap? some pbs report? Yeah, sorta what happens when a lot of illegal immigrants from bfe engage in black market prostitution to serve the perversions of locals (something that is highly illegal in China) .. but hey, they're illegal.. So what's laws to them..

Old 10-18-2011, 05:09 PM

Word count 327.

Quote:
There would be no problem w/ illegal immigration in the u.s if they weren't such a big drain on the social services we provide (resulting in net negative impact).. you know, old america.. where, in that context, illegal immigration served a net positive for a developing nation. Today is not old America, something someone who is stuck in it wont get ....
Quote:
Where did you hear about that Aids crap? some pbs report? Yeah, sorta what happens when a lot of illegal immigrants from bfe engage in black market prostitution to serve the perversions of locals (something that is highly illegal in China) .. but hey, they're illegal.. So what's laws to them..
Getting a little wound up? Here is what you don't know, and I won't bother to inform you, I will just poke holes in your silly arguments. I have an academic background in China and China stuff, I figure I have already forgotten more than you ever learned about..... China... and most things. Oh by the way, the data on illegals and aids and Chinese (you are not aware that perversion is not required for aids transmission?) is not terribly difficult to dig up.

Actually, for an old firefighter/mulero, I done purty good, having got my self a Masters in stuff that China is part of.

You see, kids that grow up on slanted ground, hills etc, have to work harder on balance and gittin' places, that extra heart rate gets more blood to the brain, and they just come out smarter than kids on flat ground.

Anyone who thinks illegal labor is not a economic plus for California is operating on emotion not data

Old 10-18-2011, 06:50 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times
Quote:
Anyone who thinks illegal labor is not a economic plus for California is operating on emotion not data
Following that idea to the logical conclusion, we should all become illegal. We should all work under the gummint radar, we should all accept cash payments, we should all go to the emergency room whenever we have the flu, we should all put in for public assistance, we should all fake our SSNs and let somebody else pay the taxes, we should all drive without auto insurance and then pretend to not speak English if we have an accident or get pulled over for a traffic violation, we should all buy cars paying cash and not register them, planning on just running if we are involved in an accident.

Economic plus? Only for the illegals. Responsible citizens are the people who end up picking up the tab for all this illegal freedom.

Free!!!! Let's just do away with all the laws.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Word count 327.

Getting a little wound up? Here is what you don't know, and I won't bother to inform you, I will just poke holes in your silly arguments. I have an academic background in China and China stuff, I figure I have already forgotten more than you ever learned about..... China... and most things. Oh by the way, the data on illegals and aids and Chinese (you are not aware that perversion is not required for aids transmission?) is not terribly difficult to dig up.

Actually, for an old firefighter/mulero, I done purty good, having got my self a Masters in stuff that China is part of.

You see, kids that grow up on slanted ground, hills etc, have to work harder on balance and gittin' places, that extra heart rate gets more blood to the brain, and they just come out smarter than kids on flat ground.

Yeah, you know more than someone who has lived there for the majority of their lives.. LMFAO. You didn't poke hole in a dam thing. Like always you made some knee jerk comment about china not have the issues the u.s has as it relates to violence I am guessing .. and attributed to the lack of legal gun ownership.. i drew straw to this argument and indicated it has more to do w/ social issues : dominant language/culture .. when everyone generally looks the same and talks the same.. and has the same culture as you, things are a bit more cushy ...

For which, null decided to give me a geography lesson prove my point that there isn't much integration.. there are different regions where there are different cultures/dialects and they don't generally intermingle .. Then you call yourself giving me a lesson on immigration.. No illegal immigration is not a problem there because it happens mostly in specific regions .. regions in a DEVELOPING country that needs the low skill/low wage labor just as the U.S once did as a DEVELOPING country.. we are no longer DEVELOPING.. we are DEVELOPED and thus have a big social safety net.... one that causes low skill labor illegal immigrants to have a net negative on the overall economy .. so there is a big difference. One that you can't ascertain in your vast consumption of information because you lack the knowledge to conduct intelligent analysis.

So, thanks for showing me you know how to compare apples to oranges and derail threads as you always do.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:42 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,902,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Following that idea to the logical conclusion, we should all become illegal. We should all work under the gummint radar, we should all accept cash payments, we should all go to the emergency room whenever we have the flu, we should all put in for public assistance, we should all fake our SSNs and let somebody else pay the taxes, we should all drive without auto insurance and then pretend to not speak English if we have an accident or get pulled over for a traffic violation, we should all buy cars paying cash and not register them, planning on just running if we are involved in an accident.

Economic plus? Only for the illegals. Responsible citizens are the people who end up picking up the tab for all this illegal freedom.

Free!!!! Let's just do away with all the laws.
The meaning of the statement "Anyone who thinks illegal labor is not a economic plus for California ..." was limited, I'm sure, to the limited role illegal labor has assumed in the absence of other work visa programs. That is: what the illegals do at present benefits California in the labor provided for the industries in which it has a significant presence -- i.e. agricultural field work. There are, at present, no realistic alternatives -- and the industries served have a major place in the state and national economies.

This argument goes on and on and on ... remarkably, virtually no one actually advocates illegal labor ... some people, however, recognize that reality at present offers no legal solution to the need for many of the workers ... others rant about the ideology of a law being broken, as if all laws are sacrosanct by their very existence on the books ... to which I offer the following link to 3,770,000 hits on the subject via a Google search for "Stupid Laws":
https://www.google.com/search?q=stup...ient=firefox-a

Example: in Blythe, CA, "You are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows."

'nuff said.

Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Yeah, you know more than someone who has lived there for the majority of their lives.. LMFAO. You didn't poke hole in a dam thing. Like always you made some knee jerk comment about china not have the issues the u.s has as it relates to violence I am guessing .. and attributed to the lack of legal gun ownership.. i drew straw to this argument and indicated it has more to do w/ social issues : dominant language/culture .. when everyone generally looks the same and talks the same.. and has the same culture as you, things are a bit more cushy ...
I suggest you take a break, first, unless a Chinese is a scholar of China, there is no reason to expect that their level of knowledge would be equal to that of a scholar of China. Secondly, you are completely out to lunch in 2nd 3rd and 4th sentences. Which have no relationship to any known form of reality, please reread, figure out where you screwed up. Then, heck, you could apologize, you won't, but you could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California