Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 07:22 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post

And i hope that one day they're controlled out of existence!
Friggin neanderthals!
Go smoke another bowl, hippie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 08:09 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,900,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Practice gun safety like you're trained and there shouldn't be accidents...
Training's meaningless without self-control ... and, observing human history over the past 10,000 years or so, I'd say confidence in human self-control and good sense is misplaced.
Quote:
Friggin neanderthals!
HEY! I take umbrage at that! Don't see me carrying no gun, do ya?

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00043/neanderthal2_43183t.jpg (broken link)

Stone hammer, maybe a section of elk antler, and a good 115 lb dog gets the job done ...
[mutter mutter mutter ... the abuse, slings and arrows I have to endure for the abuses of homo-sapiens ... I tell ya, I don't get no respect ... sulking in my metal cave on wheels now ... you really know how to hurt a guy *sniff* *spit*]

Old 10-10-2011, 08:12 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Good luck gettin' one!
Depends on the county. Some will issue them more easily than others.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:15 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,107,107 times
Quote:

Friggin neanderthals!

Attachment 85867
Not trying to carry over the other discussion, but I personally find them as a good way to feel a bit more relaxed.
We've all got our outlets and what doesn't work for you, works just fine for myself and others.
However, you're never going to completely erase homicidal tendencies from individual minds, nor the basic way firearms mechanically and chemically operate either.
In that sense, an all-out ban will never erase the proverbial genie from existence.
And millions of tax-dollars will also be burned up going after what would be legitimate and non-malicious possession of firearms.
The money to prosecute and house new offenders and pay the ones tasked with making sure "they don't run" will be insurmountable.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:17 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,015,084 times
I don't really get the practicality of a CCW. Even in Texas, where you can shoot pretty much anyone who trespasses on your property, you can't bring a concealed gun near schools, stores or malls that don't want you to (which is pretty much all of them.) So basically you can't carry a concealed weapon in any place where it might be useful.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Once you've moved to a place where the crime rate is high and the police departments...are totally unable to respond to calls in a timely manner.
When it comes to life-threatening emergencies, a delayed response by police is highly unlikely.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:24 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
So I totally get people's right to own firearms and all that.

But how often on a typical daily basis do you see people walking around stores and into work armed to the teeth? Is that what you people really expect?

I work in a large company. If I exercise what I feel is my right to carry a gun on my belt, people will promptly sh*t their pants, shut down the entire company, and call the SWAT team because they'll think I'm another disgruntled wacko about to blow the place up. It would just not fly well with co-workers to come into meeting rooms and starting by clunking my 45 down on the table. Same with most other walks of life.

I understand that people have a right to own guns and protect themselves in their homes. But if we have to be a Wild West or a Mad Max type of a world where we must become one-man mercenaries ready to pull the trigger around any corner just to go out and about our daily lives...then something is seriously wrong.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:30 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,851,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Go smoke another bowl, hippie.
Perhaps i will do that although it will not be "another" but rather, the first of the day.
And i'd rather be a "hippie" than a gun loving idiot.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:34 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
CCWs are not issued in most populated areas of California where most of the crimes occur and that cute little CCW (in California) has no validity outside the county it was issued. Citizens in this state elect the law makers and endorse the foolishness they promote ..
It's good in California it is a Calif permit a few countys will not accept it as valid but it is. A CCW id just a permit to carry a weapon not to kill, you get treated just as a criminal if you shoot someone until it's determined justified in self defense or yourself or others.
The people of California do not write these bills, the law maker builds his reputation by introducing these bills, very few people even know they are introduced or passed, You can't blame a whole states population for what a few do.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
And i'd rather be a "hippie" than a gun loving idiot.
I'd rather you didn't own guns as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California