Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 01:17 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Didn't say a thing about far-right ideologues who are just as brainwashed as are the far-left variety. As for the rest, if you're antagonized by observations from those who likely know CA politics more intimately than you from first-hand experience, by all means keep trying to deflect with meaningless screeds and insults. Meanwhile, flame out!
Well, we certainly welcome some inside political knowledge, but...

Still wondering why folks in places like MO (hello, Springfield - kind of miss ya!) feel so compelled to carpetbomb CA forums with their hatred of the state. Not sensing a parallel urge from those who live in this state to blather on about MO...or any other state. Seems something akin to continuing to contact the ex, even while (s)he contemplates a restraining order.
[Wait...we know what comes next: "I can do whatever I want, and you can't tell me (blah, blah, blah"]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 02:49 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
People hate california because of the idiotic laws that are implemented and the never ending flow of bad financial and political decisions from Sacramento. You wanna read a stupid rule? Read up TITLE 24. And this is only for California

Old 09-27-2013, 04:12 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,539,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
People hate california because of the idiotic laws that are implemented and the never ending flow of bad financial and political decisions from Sacramento. You wanna read a stupid rule? Read up TITLE 24. And this is only for California
...and how do these idiotic laws, bad financial and political decisions ever come to light? Because idiotic people put idiots in office. CA is full of idiots.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:33 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Well, we certainly welcome some inside political knowledge, but...

Still wondering why folks in places like MO (hello, Springfield - kind of miss ya!) feel so compelled to carpetbomb CA forums with their hatred of the state. Not sensing a parallel urge from those who live in this state to blather on about MO...or any other state. Seems something akin to continuing to contact the ex, even while (s)he contemplates a restraining order.
[Wait...we know what comes next: "I can do whatever I want, and you can't tell me (blah, blah, blah"]
Well then, ask those who actually hate the state. I don't. CA is the state of my birth, and my wife's, most of our children's and a whole gaggle of our grands. It's where we both had our careers and where both of us lived most of our lives. What's to hate? But neither of us have much love for its governance. What's to love?

By the way, Springfield ain't about much. Love to visit St. Louis for several days at a time but it's always good to get back to the peace, quiet and tranquility of our Ozarks.

Dang, Boy. I say dang! You sure make a lot of assumptions. Seems to me that the real haters are those still there who don't have the courage or resources to go elsewhere so they just seethe and spew.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 09-27-2013 at 04:41 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
...and how do these idiotic laws, bad financial and political decisions ever come to light? Because idiotic people put idiots in office. CA is full of idiots.
Psst! Don't look now but according to your profile you're still in California. Hmm! Does that make you one of them?

Old 09-27-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Well then, ask those who actually hate the state. I don't. CA is the state of my birth, and my wife's, most of our children's and a whole gaggle of our grands. It's where we both had our careers and where both of us lived most of our lives. What's to hate? But neither of us have much love for its governance. What's to love?

By the way, Springfield ain't about much. Love to visit St. Louis for several days at a time but it's always good to get back to the peace, quiet and tranquility of our Ozarks.

Dang, Boy. I say dang! You sure make a lot of assumptions. Seems to me that the real haters are those still there who don't have the courage or resources to go elsewhere so they just seethe.
The Ozarks are indeed quite lovely! Springfield ain't bad, either. It's the lack of sophistication and worldliness that gets old quick out there. The world seems to revolve around Bass Pro Shops, NASCAR, Waffle House, Walmart, and the wonders of the latest John Deere. Thoroughly isolated whitebread culture. Can't tell ya how many folks have informed me, when visiting out there, of their intention to escape and move to CA. (Of course, there are realities that sometimes get in the way of this noble goal.) And really - can we please dispense with the freakin' "cashew chicken" places that pretend to serve Chinese food? Makes the Olive Garden look authentic. And virtually the whole of the populace believe in fairy tales.
Thing is, is that so many cast their eyes and ears westward towards us. We don't cast our eyes east. Shall we enter into debate concerning why this is?

Old 09-27-2013, 05:17 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Let me ask you a question

DO YOU VOTE? If your answer is no then you have no reason to complain. You already allowed someone else to make your decision for you. And please don't come back with voting doesn't do anything. The reason it doesn't do anything is because of that mentality.

I thought you were moving to Texas or Idaho or anywhere but California

Last edited by Electrician4you; 09-27-2013 at 05:39 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post

DO YOU VOTE? If your answer is no then you have no reason to complain. You already allowed someone else to make your decision for you.
Ah! Agree with this! When it comes to politics, the notion of "you're either part of the solution, or part of the problem" does ring soundly.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
The Ozarks are indeed quite lovely! Springfield ain't bad, either. It's the lack of sophistication and worldliness that gets old quick out there. The world seems to revolve around Bass Pro Shops, NASCAR, Waffle House, Walmart, and the wonders of the latest John Deere. Thoroughly isolated whitebread culture. Can't tell ya how many folks have informed me, when visiting out there, of their intention to escape and move to CA. (Of course, there are realities that sometimes get in the way of this noble goal.) And really - can we please dispense with the freakin' "cashew chicken" places that pretend to serve Chinese food? Makes the Olive Garden look authentic. And virtually the whole of the populace believe in fairy tales.
Thing is, is that so many cast their eyes and ears westward towards us. We don't cast our eyes east. Shall we enter into debate concerning why this is?
So obviously you just want to argue. There ain't no debate. We all have different likes, dislikes, beliefs, tolerances - what's there to debate about? People here tell you they want to move there. People there can't wait to move somewhere else. Oh well! Some of us aren't ashamed of our cultures. Some of you are. There are enough differences to keep things interesting at the very least.

It's the pseudo-sophisticates and faux-worldliness that gets old out there. See how easy that is? But by all means cast your eyes elsewhere. Californication not needed!

Just don't mess with my John Deere!

Old 09-27-2013, 09:18 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
But by all means cast your eyes elsewhere. Californication not needed!
Only if you reciprocate by ensuring the Bible Belters stay away from here. Deal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California