Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 02:13 PM

600 posts, read 567,270 times

Advertisements

LOL, as predicted, the Trump goons defends Trump gas tax increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 04:38 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
LOL, as predicted, the Trump goons defends Trump gas tax increase.
What increase?

Old 05-03-2017, 05:08 PM

19,222 posts, read 16,710,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
What increase?
Aw geez I was hoping no one would poke the bear.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Aw geez I was hoping no one would poke the bear.
Too much fun.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:26 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,772,094 times
A 3rd party needs to audit the state and how it spends it's money, because from all the high taxes we pay living in this damn state, our roads and freeways should be smooth as silk.

I just don't understand it, I rarely see state or city crews fixing the roads out here, they are mostly tearing it up to work on the sewage pipes and maybe electrical, but other than that, road maintenance is non-existent where I live.

The state has been in a surplus for a few years now, and they still want more of our money?

Watch, nothing will be done when the tax goes into effect, our roads will still look like a war zone with crater-sized potholes and cracks that look like the streets are going to cave into the earth.

CA just will never stop at taking your hard earned dollars.

Old 05-04-2017, 07:37 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
A 3rd party needs to audit the state and how it spends it's money, because from all the high taxes we pay living in this damn state, our roads and freeways should be smooth as silk.

I just don't understand it, I rarely see state or city crews fixing the roads out here, they are mostly tearing it up to work on the sewage pipes and maybe electrical, but other than that, road maintenance is non-existent where I live.

The state has been in a surplus for a few years now, and they still want more of our money?

Watch, nothing will be done when the tax goes into effect, our roads will still look like a war zone with crater-sized potholes and cracks that look like the streets are going to cave into the earth.

CA just will never stop at taking your hard earned dollars.
The California State Auditors Office functions independently from the rest of the state and performs regular audits. There is no private auditing firm that is large enough to perform audits of a State the size of California https://www.bsa.ca.gov/aboutus/faqs

Old 05-04-2017, 09:16 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,991,082 times
Yes the California State Auditors Office functions independently and does such a fine job, that they missed $175,000,000 dollars being stowed away secretly for 4 years by the University of California,
and $60 million that the State Parks had hid away for over a DECADE. Of course by that time, all of those UC Students had paid out hundreds of millions in EXTRA tuition fees since the UCs claimed their budgets were in the red. Think CA Democrats will start handing out Tuition reimbursements? Something tells me, nope.

Napolitano's UC hid $175 million while demanding money, audit says | Fox News

Old 05-04-2017, 09:23 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,185,431 times
That is one quiet auditing office. I didn't know they existed. Have they ever found anything abnormal and or hidden? Like the DWP perhaps? Or where all that road money went? Or why do schools cry that they're broke when lottery money is supposed to go to them? I could go on and on

Old 05-04-2017, 09:33 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,991,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
That is one quiet auditing office. I didn't know they existed. Have they ever found anything abnormal and or hidden? Like the DWP perhaps? Or where all that road money went? Or why do schools cry that they're broke when lottery money is supposed to go to them? I could go on and on
They'll audit and find fraud... 10 years down the road when all the players involved are retired, got their golden handshake, and the money is long gone. Then they'll say "We need to implement new accounting practices" which they will do, but none of the money goes back to the people or entities from which it was stolen.

Old 05-04-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
They'll audit and find fraud... 10 years down the road when all the players involved are retired, got their golden handshake, and the money is long gone. Then they'll say "We need to implement new accounting practices" which they will do, but none of the money goes back to the people or entities from which it was stolen.
Humm, wonder who appoints them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California