Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2020, 01:47 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
It's interesting how people can repeatedly make racist comments in the California forum, and the mods do absolutely nothing about it?
Which comments were racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2020, 06:07 AM

79 posts, read 35,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
Ever been to Phoenix? Swaths are very present there.
NOTHING LIKE CALIFORNIA CITIES. Please do not kid or delude yourself.

Old 09-19-2020, 07:13 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
NOTHING LIKE CALIFORNIA CITIES. Please do not kid or delude yourself.
We don't need to.

Phoenix's homeless risk death amid record-breaking heat:
https://www.azfamily.com/news/phoeni...1ade72792.html

Homeless Life: In And Out Of 'The Zone':
https://kjzz.org/content/1614060/hom...e-and-out-zone

Is a parking lot a homeless shelter? Yes, according to City of Phoenix:
https://www.azmirror.com/2020/07/07/...ty-of-phoenix/

Phoenix residents reported 1,500 homeless encampments:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...es/3410072002/

Old 09-19-2020, 08:13 AM

4,389 posts, read 1,699,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingRoo View Post
Congratulations on being fragile enough you had to justify why you enjoy this poop hole. LA Metro has majority of the states population, and I live here. Take your pick, Bay Area is just as disgusting and it's embarrassing to call it "civilized.". I get your numb to the immigrant poverty, racial issues and filth everywhere, so more power to you.

All this talk of brown people, have anyone of you seen how this state exploits their brown immigrants? Of course not, none of you deal with it.
I’m brown, as is all of my family. Some of my family sold fruit off the side of the road when we were younger. Some of them cleaned houses, or mowed lawns. My dad worked construction. We did okay, BECAUSE we dealt with it. We didn't have a choice, really.

Old 09-19-2020, 11:04 AM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
It's interesting how people can repeatedly make racist comments in the California forum, and the mods do absolutely nothing about it?
We moderators cannot read every post of every thread and really do rely on forum members to report posts that they believe do not adhere to the Terms of Service. We really do appreciate the help.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 09-19-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
We don't need to.

Phoenix's homeless risk death amid record-breaking heat:
https://www.azfamily.com/news/phoeni...1ade72792.html

Homeless Life: In And Out Of 'The Zone':
https://kjzz.org/content/1614060/hom...e-and-out-zone

Is a parking lot a homeless shelter? Yes, according to City of Phoenix:
https://www.azmirror.com/2020/07/07/...ty-of-phoenix/

Phoenix residents reported 1,500 homeless encampments:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...es/3410072002/
You’re embarrassing yourself. LA has 50,000 homeless people and San Francisco has 20,000. And in both instances, they are VERY VISIBLE, breaking car windows, pooping and shooting up freely in the streets, and congregating in and taking over entire blocks of sidewalks with ever-increasing tent cities. You are definitely kidding yourself trying to parallel California’s homeless CRISIS with Phoenix’s lol absolutely laughable. That’s exactly why I and many many others left California. I love California, but now it’s a filthy dump. Sad that people like you refuse to admit its monumental problems and defend it even though it’s an absolute shell of itself.

Old 09-19-2020, 11:51 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
You’re embarrassing yourself. LA has 50,000 homeless people and San Francisco has 20,000. And in both instances, they are VERY VISIBLE, breaking car windows, pooping and shooting up freely in the streets, and congregating in and taking over entire blocks of sidewalks with ever-increasing tent cities. You are definitely kidding yourself trying to parallel California’s homeless CRISIS with Phoenix’s lol absolutely laughable. That’s exactly why I and many many others left California. I love California, but now it’s a filthy dump. Sad that people like you refuse to admit its monumental problems and defend it even though it’s an absolute shell of itself.
California is 163,696 square miles. The homeless congregate in areas totaling probably less than 1/100th of 1 percent. Glad you left California. Hope you reach maturity in your new home.

Old 09-19-2020, 12:11 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
You’re embarrassing yourself. LA has 50,000 homeless people and San Francisco has 20,000. And in both instances, they are VERY VISIBLE
But somehow, they're not visible in AZ.

Quote:
Sad that people like you refuse to admit its monumental problems and defend it even though it’s an absolute shell of itself.
You mean you're sad that you can't get us to share your view? Sorry.

Old 09-19-2020, 12:43 PM

257 posts, read 132,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Man oh man, I can relate to that somewhat. When my (now) spouse and I were planning to get married, we could barely settle on a compromise location within San Diego and both our immediate family was right here at the time. It's not amazing that it's a deal-killer to some couples.
I am a Michigan boy and she's a Florida girl. We live in the Mid-Atlantic.

She thinks it's cold here 7 months out of the year. I think it's too hot for 7 months of the year. We both think that the many hundreds of miles of waterfront are beautiful here (and in those other states too). We're just now entering into the nice months (my opinion) for the weather where, if it were 100% about me I'd have the windows throughout the house open from now until Halloween and shut the HVAC off entirely. Let that crisp air in I say, and there's just something about October that smells wonderful, is there not?

We make it work though. The hardest thing is finding a spot to park ourselves where the taxes aren't too high, the commutes are reasonable, where they don't do long-distance school busing, and where police are treated and respected well enough to want to stick around and who want to keep the Antifa/BLM looters/arsonists out of our neck of the woods.

It's hard to leave. All of my friends are here, though hers are scattered about the country and she has adopted my people too. Much of my immediate family gravitated here too, although some are in the Midwest, close enough for a long day drive although I fly more now as a professional adult.

Old 09-19-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
California is 163,696 square miles. The homeless congregate in areas totaling probably less than 1/100th of 1 percent. Glad you left California. Hope you reach maturity in your new home.
I’m immature because I’m saying something that hurts your feelings? Grow up.

LA, SF, and to a lesser degree, SD are the most important areas of California. When most people think of California, these are the immediate places that come to mind, fair or not. These cities are swarmed by homeless people in some of its most visible areas. It doesn’t matter that 95% of the rest of each city is pretty nice and free from homeless. The fact that the crisis has been allowed to occur, and without a discernible end in sight, is an absolute travesty and utter disservice to Californians brave enough to stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California