Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Quebec Independence a Legitimate Movement?
Yes 147 65.04%
No 79 34.96%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 09:46 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,480,377 times

Advertisements

Are y'all getting the message yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2022, 10:35 AM

47 posts, read 32,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
^^^

I feel your pain Redfirehouse. We can sit here and compare ourselves to other countries and say well inflation is biting them as hard as us, but at the end of the day, it is average middle and lower income individuals who are really struggling with the rising cost of everything and comparisons aren't going to change what is happening on the ground.

While I didn't agree with the tactics used by the Freedom Convoy - it wasn't just a reflection of covid mandates imo. It is in part a symptom of the growing discontent around this country that our Governments and big money corporations, our market oriented economic system is increasingly not working for everyday Canadians. Housing is going through the roof and now the cost of almost every good and service is too.

So we have to fight and not give up and get involved - write your M.P/M.P.P's, write the Feds, peacefully protest etc. Its hard to believe that this will change anything but a passionate populace that doesn't give our governments a free pass will keep their feet to the fire so to speak. Otherwise they become lazy, malaise and fly all over the place on our dime for token events, instead of actually managing the big problems in this country.
Hey Fusion, I think we are way beyond writing to MPs or the federal government at this point. That is why the truckers acted in the manner that they did.

How do we change peacefully when the government doesn't work for the people? The people we write to are beholden to someone more powerful than themselves.

Justin Trudeau is the international posterboy for selling out a country. It is obvious that we are controlled by an elite who do not have the interests of the Average Joe in heart or mind.

As it stands Canada is being looted as we sit back and make excuses for the looters.

Most of the people I grew up with (I am 35) are now living paycheque to paycheque and can't afford families, weddings, homes, so forth. These are friends with university degrees - sometimes multiple degrees in what were once be lucrative fields.

We no industry outside of the housing racket and immigration. Those aren't even real industries.

Oil & gas industry has been clobbered by the government. Like, in Alberta we eliminated hundreds of thousands of well-paying jobs for the Average Joe thanks to the government.

They framed this as progress. How do they even screw something like that up? You are taking a natural resource, harvesting it, and selling it. Even still the government destroyed that for us.

Canada has become a playground for globalists and we need some way to change this. Since we can't rely on our own government.

I think part of this has been made possible by Canadian politeness or is it passivity?. Look south of the border and some people actually have an avenue to possibly stop this stuff and for some reason that scares some Canadians who will do anything to avoid rocking the boat.

We should adopt Quebec's fierce passion for independence and apply that passion to changing our government.

The truckers were right.

Last edited by redfirehose; 07-24-2022 at 10:56 AM..

Old 07-24-2022, 10:48 AM

47 posts, read 32,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebec Is My Country View Post
I'm still confused your line of thinking, maybe because it is a deeply confused way of life. The Quebecois who protested Justin "China is our best friend" Trudeau are good people.
It makes my blood boil that Trudeau presented exactly who is and people still enthusiastically voted for this drama teacher. Why did we elect a man who said he admires China's "basic dictatorship" because they "can get stuff done"? Like, come on people.

Quote:
Garbage. Homosexuals and other reprobates are the ideal citizen because they can't control their sexual compulsions. They will be the strongest supporters of any corporation that endorses them. That is why they are promoted as some type of untouchable elite over the normal people. They will strongly support anything and anyone who helps them hide their reality and oppose anything and anyone who shines the light on them or close to their reality.

"Express themselves authentically" is a Orwellian way to say being a pervert. Nothing against this group, they need real help, not to be used as political pawns by corporations and elites.
I would have thought you were crazy just three years ago. But this stuff is completely out of control and IMO it is a way to distract us from real issues like housing and the fact that we are being replaced. I do believe that we are being replaced by people who are more easy to control. It's easier to manipulate a 3rd-world immigrant than a man who is used to higher standards.

Quote:
Not sure why the references to Donald Trump. I don't live in America.
I wish we had Donald Trump at this point. He might not always be right but we need someone who isn't a total tool. We need a serious & massive change not just to vote for another politician. The government was set up as a colonial government to serve the British ruling class and it is really showing. Radical change is needed.

Is Quebec any better? Maybe I'll learn French and go live there.

Last edited by redfirehose; 07-24-2022 at 10:59 AM..

Old 07-24-2022, 12:11 PM

120 posts, read 71,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Quebec is also a pretty good example of this.

Various dollar-related socio-economic indicators tend to be a bit lower in Quebec than Canadian or American averages, but on the ground tangibly it doesn't really feel any poorer than the rest of the country or continent.

I'd even argue that it feels somewhat richer overall than at least a few places that technically have better numbers.
Quebec has a massive racism and discrimination problem. Policies heavily discriminate against anyone who isn't a de souche (100% French background). Think about the language police and the disgregard for other ethnicities in Quebec like Muslims and indigenous people. The message in Quebec is clear - if you aren't French, stay out.

Old 07-24-2022, 12:14 PM

120 posts, read 71,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirehose View Post
It makes my blood boil that Trudeau presented exactly who is and people still enthusiastically voted for this drama teacher. Why did we elect a man who said he admires China's "basic dictatorship" because they "can get stuff done"? Like, come on people.

I would have thought you were crazy just three years ago. But this stuff is completely out of control and IMO it is a way to distract us from real issues like housing and the fact that we are being replaced. I do believe that we are being replaced by people who are more easy to control. It's easier to manipulate a 3rd-world immigrant than a man who is used to higher standards.

I wish we had Donald Trump at this point. He might not always be right but we need someone who isn't a total tool. We need a serious & massive change not just to vote for another politician. The government was set up as a colonial government to serve the British ruling class and it is really showing. Radical change is needed.

Hey bud, don't let the media fool you. Americans love violence and disorder and only care about money over human lives. In Canada we actually value each other and take care of each other. Our free healthcare is a good example. Americans would rather let their neighbour die than pay 1% more. Canada is actually richer in tangible terms but Americans and their cronies will obfuscate these facts. This is why Canada is probably the best country in the world and we don't need to toot our own horn. We need to stay strong as Canadians and reject ignorant Americanism wherever it creeps in. Don't let them drag you down to their level.

Old 07-24-2022, 03:36 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,316,797 times
Quote:

It's ALIENS who are replacing people and they're doing it right from the Whiteshell in Manitoba. Alien aliens. Not people aliens. This plan by the Elite Alien Spacecraft Consortium in the Alpha Centauri sector goes back at least as far as the Falcon Lake incident.

See those markings on this fake person alien's stomach? Those are bar code markings. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...sary-1.4121639

Have you ever noticed how Donald Trump is never pictured without a shirt on? This is why. Or why his orange hair looks so fake? This CAN'T be a coincidence!!! It's all part of the conspiracy to take the world without firing a shot by putting fake people rednecks on positions of power. Like Boris Johnson. That hair!!! Coincidence? There are no coincidences.

But the aliens have become better at churning out fake people! They are on fake people 2.0!!! See this picture of Elon Musk?https://pagesix.com/2022/07/19/elon-...ss-in-mykonos/

Real people stomachs aren't that white. I think his bar code is under his arm.

Also, bird flu and droughts are no coincidences!!! They were created to cause a fake food shortage. I saw that on Facebook.

(I wouldn't trust those French guys in Quebec!!! Too many coincidences!)

Old 07-24-2022, 05:05 PM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,091,599 times
Right wing nationalism is taking over now. The old Quebec nationalism was more left wing but with all the right wing anti immigrant parties in Europe it seems the future of the movement is more on that direction. Brexiters, yellow vesters in France etc. it’s happening in the rest of Canada too, but the anger is being misdirected. The real problem: the government has been catering to the boomer homeowners for decades to the point where they’re millionaires in assets and can borrow cheap debt against their houses to fund luxury lifestyles for themselves while the younger generation and working class immigrants are slaving away working for a smaller and smaller piece of the pie. The divide in this country is more about class and generational than anything else now.

Old 07-24-2022, 07:00 PM

7,676 posts, read 5,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Right wing nationalism is taking over now. The old Quebec nationalism was more left wing but with all the right wing anti immigrant parties in Europe it seems the future of the movement is more on that direction. Brexiters, yellow vesters in France etc. it’s happening in the rest of Canada too, but the anger is being misdirected. The real problem: the government has been catering to the boomer homeowners for decades to the point where they’re millionaires in assets and can borrow cheap debt against their houses to fund luxury lifestyles for themselves while the younger generation and working class immigrants are slaving away working for a smaller and smaller piece of the pie. The divide in this country is more about class and generational than anything else now.
When baby boomers die, whatever wealth they possess gets passed down to the younger generations.

Old 07-24-2022, 07:50 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,865,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Are y'all getting the message yet?
Yeah there are times where you engage in a discussion with someone, and times you just read the response and say - i'll just be happy to disengage and go back to the BBQ lol. It's one thing having a back and forth about GDP and HDMI, but when you know you are dealing with those whose views are as strong as those, and are everything you stand against - there is no benefit in further discussion. They revealed who they are and it is not conducive to a healthy dialogue, because those views don't change by an online discussion.

Its disappointing to see individuals with these views, from within Quebec or outside of it, but the notion that we are always going to go in the direction of social progress, and a more just society can never be taken for granted.

As a gay man, I read comments like QIMC's and it harkens back to the time when being gay meant being deeply in the closet, treated like it was a mental health disease and you were afforded no rights or protections on that basis. You could be fired from your job, evicted from you home, pelted with rocks and the Police would do nothing about it because you are just one of 'them' - the group deemed not worthy of rights, a sub class of humanity that should be hierarchically judged to be lower on the pyramid and whose lives are not their own.

As we have seen of late, rights that defined a whole generation can be wiped away with a stroke of a pen. Canada isn't as vulnerable but it is a warning - a stark one that we shouldn't take the progress we have made at all for granted. There are forces that would be happy to expand their power and bring our human rights/equal rights back whole generations. I for one, would rather be clear-eyed about this, than in blissful ignorance regardless how disturbing it is. And with that reality and if the time comes, I'll be ready.

Last edited by fusion2; 07-24-2022 at 09:14 PM..

Old 07-24-2022, 08:27 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,865,611 times
Quote:
Hey Fusion, I think we are way beyond writing to MPs or the federal government at this point. That is why the truckers acted in the manner that they did.

How do we change peacefully when the government doesn't work for the people? The people we write to are beholden to someone more powerful than themselves.

Justin Trudeau is the international posterboy for selling out a country. It is obvious that we are controlled by an elite who do not have the interests of the Average Joe in heart or mind.

As it stands Canada is being looted as we sit back and make excuses for the looters.

Most of the people I grew up with (I am 35) are now living paycheque to paycheque and can't afford families, weddings, homes, so forth. These are friends with university degrees - sometimes multiple degrees in what were once be lucrative fields.

We no industry outside of the housing racket and immigration. Those aren't even real industries.

Oil & gas industry has been clobbered by the government. Like, in Alberta we eliminated hundreds of thousands of well-paying jobs for the Average Joe thanks to the government.

They framed this as progress. How do they even screw something like that up? You are taking a natural resource, harvesting it, and selling it. Even still the government destroyed that for us.

Canada has become a playground for globalists and we need some way to change this. Since we can't rely on our own government.

I think part of this has been made possible by Canadian politeness or is it passivity?. Look south of the border and some people actually have an avenue to possibly stop this stuff and for some reason that scares some Canadians who will do anything to avoid rocking the boat.

We should adopt Quebec's fierce passion for independence and apply that passion to changing our government.

The truckers were right.
On a human level, I feel the pain of Canadians who are struggling with inflation and high cost of living. That all said, i'm really not about overthrowing our government and dismantling our system. That is dangerous and will open a pandaro's box I don't think any of us want to go. So really, the best options are what I suggested and at the ballot box. Get involved in Politics and run for office if you must. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be looking south of the border for solutions to our problems. They have enough of their own.

One thing we shouldn't do is conflate issues and go down the path of extremism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
It's ALIENS who are replacing people and they're doing it right from the Whiteshell in Manitoba. Alien aliens. Not people aliens. This plan by the Elite Alien Spacecraft Consortium in the Alpha Centauri sector goes back at least as far as the Falcon Lake incident.

See those markings on this fake person alien's stomach? Those are bar code markings. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...sary-1.4121639

Have you ever noticed how Donald Trump is never pictured without a shirt on? This is why. Or why his orange hair looks so fake? This CAN'T be a coincidence!!! It's all part of the conspiracy to take the world without firing a shot by putting fake people rednecks on positions of power. Like Boris Johnson. That hair!!! Coincidence? There are no coincidences.

But the aliens have become better at churning out fake people! They are on fake people 2.0!!! See this picture of Elon Musk?https://pagesix.com/2022/07/19/elon-...ss-in-mykonos/

Real people stomachs aren't that white. I think his bar code is under his arm.

Also, bird flu and droughts are no coincidences!!! They were created to cause a fake food shortage. I saw that on Facebook.

(I wouldn't trust those French guys in Quebec!!! Too many coincidences!)
LOL entertaining read! I wonder how many of them Aliens are trolls.. hmmm

Last edited by fusion2; 07-24-2022 at 09:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada