Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2021, 01:25 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,413,646 times

Advertisements

I also have no issues getting my second dose of AZ. That is the only thing I want. My issue is with mixing of vaccines and the messaging around this vaccine and mixing. If the province says I have to get something else I wont do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2021, 01:42 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,535,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I also have no issues getting my second dose of AZ. That is the only thing I want. My issue is with mixing of vaccines and the messaging around this vaccine and mixing. If the province says I have to get something else I wont do it.
Manitoba news release today:

Quote:
Manitoba is adjusting its approach to the AstraZeneca/Covishield vaccine in response to ongoing evidence and supply. First doses can continue to be administered, but only to people who might not otherwise be immunized at other sites. Most doses of this vaccine will now be held for second-dose immunizations only, so people who have received their first dose of this vaccine will be able to receive their second dose within the recommended time frames, following national clinical guidance.
https://news.gov.mb.ca/news/index.ht...ted=2021-05-12

Old 05-12-2021, 02:39 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,333,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Why are Ontario's stats so different from the UK and even BC?

Could it be demographics?

I still have no issue with getting my second AZ vaccine, since the chances of clotting are even less.
UK stats have changed over time too. I think its because the vaccines are new and only over time do bad outcomes reveal themselves. https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ator-1.5398239

I wasn't going for the astrazeneca shot no matter what. There was too much back and forth which led me to believe scientists themselves weren't sure what they were talking about. But I qualified for the Moderna faster than expected so I got that shot.

Old 05-12-2021, 03:11 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,057,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
UK stats have changed over time too. I think its because the vaccines are new and only over time do bad outcomes reveal themselves. https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...ator-1.5398239

I wasn't going for the astrazeneca shot no matter what. There was too much back and forth which led me to believe scientists themselves weren't sure what they were talking about. But I qualified for the Moderna faster than expected so I got that shot.
Likewise for me. My rheumatologist told me to not take the AZ vaccine because it's contraindicated with other medications I'm on, she said either pfizer of moderna would be okay. I qualified for moderna faster than expected too and got that.

Old 05-12-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Thanks for sharing. I hope it stays that way. I have already been scheduled for my second dose and I am looking forward to getting this over with.

Old 05-12-2021, 04:27 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,333,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Likewise for me. My rheumatologist told me to not take the AZ vaccine because it's contraindicated with other medications I'm on, she said either pfizer of moderna would be okay. I qualified for moderna faster than expected too and got that.

I didn't consult with my doctor as he was on holidays but yes, arthritis medication and a shot linked to blood clots didn't seem like a good match. Plus, I don't really see people anyway, other than my parents when I drop off the groceries I picked up curbside.

Here's kind of a funny story. My brother-in-law was just informed he's considered a close contact of a co-worker who tested positive. He told the person who called him about it that he had been vaccinated. The caller then asked, "Why were YOU vaccinated?" BIL, after a pause: "Um, because there's a pandemic?"

Hahaha. I don't know why they asked that question. Seems a little odd unless they think people have taken to lying about getting the vaccine.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I hope it stays that way. I have already been scheduled for my second dose and I am looking forward to getting this over with.
Manitoba is receiving about 20,000 AZ doses next week. Pharmacies and medical offices also have about 9,000 unused doses from the last shipment.

Old 05-12-2021, 11:26 PM

2,308 posts, read 1,526,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Fairly or unfairly, the astrazeneca vaccine has lost all credibility with the contradictory advice that has been given. With some countries in the EU opting out of it completely, it's not seen as something people want to risk.
Interesting, as we have no choice and I had my first AZ shot this week. The UK have used it very widely and it would seem, successfully.

I have only one friend who is concerned about AZ.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Manitoba is receiving about 20,000 AZ doses next week. Pharmacies and medical offices also have about 9,000 unused doses from the last shipment.
That is less than half of whats needed to give every Manitoban that recieved a shot of AZ their second dose of the vaccine.

Quote:
I got AstraZeneca — now what? Answers to questions Manitobans might have

Most remaining AstraZeneca vaccines are earmarked for those who received it as 1st dose.

Is AstraZeneca still safe? Has it been safe all along? Is there enough kicking around in Manitoba for me to get my second dose?

Short answers: yes, yes and maybe not....................

So where does that leave the over 75,000 Manitobans who have already received an AstraZeneca shot?

Reimer said most remaining doses will earmarked to give those people their second AstraZeneca shot. Some may get something else

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ions-1.6024151

Old 05-13-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
That is less than half of whats needed to give every Manitoban that recieved a shot of AZ their second dose of the vaccine.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ions-1.6024151
Canada ordered 20 million doses in all. I assume the US will drop its vaccine export ban in the coming weeks, particularly for the AZ vaccine which is not authorized for use there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada