Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2021, 01:29 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,057,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
I have been had! The link was on the headlines on bing’s search for Canada border reopening today.
You have been had by your own self because you aren't using the correct search words and specific dates. And you should actually read the articles you dig up and check the publication dates before you post them.

Why would you be looking for "Canada border re-opening today" anyway when everybody already knows that ain't happening today or any time soon? It was posted right here 4 days ago that the closure has been extended until June 21st so you will have to wait now until June 21st before there will be another update announced about either the opening or continued closure of the border.

Be patient grasshopper, go find something else to concern yourself with, the border isn't going to run away to anywhere else.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2021, 01:55 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,057,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
He definitely didn't. I heard Pierre Trudeau speak when he was campaigning in 1980; and migosh, that man could speak! No hesitancy, no "ums" and "ahhs," and when he strayed from his prepared remarks (which he obviously did, once or twice), he did so smoothly, without the "ums" and "ahhs" that Justin uses to buy time while he tries to get his train of thought back on the tracks.

After Pierre Trudeau spoke that day, he took the time to answer questions from the public, and though he had no idea what to expect--except in the most general sense, such as the economy or Canada's response to world conflicts, and the like--he handled each response easily and confidently; without hesitancy, or "ums" or "ahhs."

As one who has done public speaking a lot, including very stressful situations (ever try presenting your oral argument in front of an appellate court?), I have found that projecting confidence (in the form of no "ums" or "ahhs") in what you have to say goes a long way in making your points stick. Pierre's confidence in his remarks, both scripted and ad-libbed, at least on that day that I heard him, served him well, as history shows. Justin would do well to try to do the same as his father.
You know what Pierre would do about anyone he heard talking with all those ahhs and umms?

Pierre would say "Oh fuddleduddle!!" and give them the middle finger salute as his train pulls out of the station. LOL

Old 05-25-2021, 05:39 AM

35,086 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Your cite is dated December 1, 2020. Almost six months ago. As science changes, and views change, and the vaccine rolls out, I'm sure that Mr. Trudeau's views will change also.

Just because I'm curious: why, nearly six months after your news report was published, did you dredge up this? And how? Are you actively looking for things, no matter how outdated, with which to slam Canada over its response to the pandemic? At any rate, if you're looking for the current state of affairs in Canada, may I suggest the CBC, CTV, and Global TV news networks; and the Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, and National Post print media?

In other words, your words will only carry meaning here if they come from current Canadian sources, dated recently. And they certainly won't come from an outdated source called "Click on Detroit."
I wish you were right but unfortunately I think this reflects TrueDope's true attitudes. It's easier to change the PM, after summer when it's easier to have a non-confidence vote and election, than to change his attitude.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:59 AM

444 posts, read 283,866 times
Quote:
Looks like Canada/Trudeau now has moved on from 75% of its citizens vacced to this.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...under-control/

I think he wants India under control also Eastern Europe, Tim Buck 2, Gilligan's Island. I thought Dr. Fauci down here was full of it.
Article Date: December 1, 2020

Old 05-25-2021, 12:17 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,954,081 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o508Ai_dVDk&t=28s

Freedom!

USA is currently wide open for Canadiens to come in, all you have to do is fly in. Do whatever you want down here, Disneyland, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Surfing, its all yours. While Trudeau acts like Canadiens are little kids, can't protect themselves from vaccinated Americans who should be allowed in. All excuses, the medical world supports this as does most of Europe now who have moved on to accept travel for the vaccinated.

If I hear anything " we are trying to keep you safe" I am going to throw up.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:42 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,413,646 times
Just curious, can you use Canadian debit cards at a US gas station?

Old 05-25-2021, 01:05 PM

565 posts, read 672,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Just curious, can you use Canadian debit cards at a US gas station?
You can, but most of the time I need to pay inside the gas station and can't do it at the pump.

Old 05-25-2021, 01:20 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o508Ai_dVDk&t=28s

Freedom!

USA is currently wide open for Canadiens to come in, all you have to do is fly in. Do whatever you want down here, Disneyland, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Surfing, its all yours. While Trudeau acts like Canadiens are little kids, can't protect themselves from vaccinated Americans who should be allowed in. All excuses, the medical world supports this as does most of Europe now who have moved on to accept travel for the vaccinated.

If I hear anything " we are trying to keep you safe" I am going to throw up.
Trudeau acting like a responsible adult as the leader of a country should be expected to, while listening to his health and science advisors, we all know is something you'd not be used to, given your recent leadership experience.

Never mind, you'll soon get over that as I know I sure have.

Old 05-25-2021, 01:37 PM

3,869 posts, read 5,295,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Trudeau acting like a responsible adult as the leader of a country should be expected to, while listening to his health and science advisors, we all know is something you'd not be used to, given your recent leadership experience.

Never mind, you'll soon get over that as I know I sure have.
Bru, trust me I believe all these "Rah Rah, FREEDUMB" types are all about overcompensating for their shriveled members and low sex drive, but Trudeau is hardly following the science.

Countless, peer-reviewed, published articles and data support how safe you are to move about as a fully vaccinated person and he has not caught up.

I plan on visiting family in Toronto in a few weeks. Even as a fully vaccinated person, along with my wife (weeks in and currently at peak efficacy), We still have to quarantine for 2 weeks, test on Day 1 and 8, along with a daily check-in and possible police visits to the residence we are staying. This not as a tourist, but a Canadian citizen.

I will comply with the rules, but how on earth are they based on current science?

Old 05-25-2021, 02:30 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,136,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
I will comply with the rules, but how on earth are they based on current science?
They are not. There is plenty of data about both covid and the vaccine, but Canada is acting as if it is still March 2020. Meanwhile in the US vaccinated people don't have to wear masks anymore with a few exceptions (hospitals, public transportation).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada