Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2021, 08:13 AM

3,661 posts, read 2,954,081 times

Advertisements

When Trudeau says he wants to see Canadiens approach 75 percent vaccinated does that mean one shot or both?

I have read Canada may never see 75 percent fully vaccinated. Also our disdained Dr. Fauci says booster shots may be needed in the fall and winter. Is that going to be another requirement? Throw in 75 percent fully vaccinated along with booster shots which probably will be another requirement the border may simply never open.

I don't know the situation or care to visit a border town or city but how much longer can businesses survive there who depend on seeing people thru the doors?

Look what is the situation in my area, and the steps proposed to get people to get their shots. Free Amazon gifts cards and lottery tickets? I wished I had waited!!

https://komonews.com/news/local/king...e-vaccinations

Last edited by 87112; 05-22-2021 at 08:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2021, 08:29 AM

444 posts, read 283,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
When Trudeau says he wants to see Canadiens approach 75 percent vaccinated does that mean one shot or both?

I have read Canada may never see 75 percent fully vaccinated. Also our disdained Dr. Fauci says booster shots may be needed in the fall and winter. Is that going to be another requirement? Throw in 75 percent fully vaccinated along with booster shots which probably will be another requirement the border may simply never open.

I don't know the situation or care to visit a border town or city but how much longer can businesses survive there who depend on seeing people thru the doors?

Look what is the situation in my area, and the steps proposed to get people to get their shots. Free Amazon gifts cards and lottery tickets? I wished I had waited!!

We will likely reach 80% first dose vaccination at some point in June.

Ontario alone just vaccinated nearly 200,000 (1.5%) and we are already over 50% for the entire population (60% of adults)

Old 05-22-2021, 09:49 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,571,038 times
Quote:

Vaccine hesitancy has dropped significantly in Canada. Polls show over 80 percent of Canadians want the vaccines.

Lottery tickets and gift cards? Whatever works I suppose.

Old 05-22-2021, 11:21 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,136,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan1982 View Post
We will likely reach 80% first dose vaccination at some point in June.

Ontario alone just vaccinated nearly 200,000 (1.5%) and we are already over 50% for the entire population (60% of adults)
Does Canada not have many children between 0 and 11? The US has 48 million children between 0 and 11 years old and they cannot get the vaccine at this moment. That means almost every single person 12 and over has to get the vaccine to reach 80% and that can never happen anywhere unless it's made mandatory. Even Israel have managed to only vaccinate 60% of their population.

Last edited by Botev1912; 05-22-2021 at 11:47 AM..

Old 05-22-2021, 01:20 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,057,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Does Canada not have many children between 0 and 11? The US has 48 million children between 0 and 11 years old and they cannot get the vaccine at this moment. That means almost every single person 12 and over has to get the vaccine to reach 80% and that can never happen anywhere unless it's made mandatory. Even Israel have managed to only vaccinate 60% of their population.
I couldn't find the stats for all children in Canada under the age of 12 but the numbers for 2020 for all children under the age of 14 equaled 6,098,647.

The number of children born in Canada in 2020 was estimated to be 374,885 and that's within the normal annual national average. So the number of children for the whole nation is on par with the total of Canada's population. The current total population of Canada is 38,034,229 as of Friday, May 21, 2021

We've only just this month had to fill out the 2021 census so when the results of that come out it could indicate more or less children under the age of 14 in Canada, but we'll have to wait to find out.

Old 05-22-2021, 01:43 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,954,081 times
Mind games. If Trudeau can't spell out one shot or two he is playing with you all, especially those who's living depends on June, July, Aug, visitors.

Old 05-22-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Mind games. If Trudeau can't spell out one shot or two he is playing with you all, especially those who's living depends on June, July, Aug, visitors.
Good grief Charlie Brown! Stop festering and distracting yourself so much about another country's concerns that don't have anything to do with you and isn't your problem. Maybe you should focus on concerning yourself and get proactive about your own country's many, many more problems instead of using Canada's concerns as a distraction from them.

Old 05-22-2021, 02:40 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,413,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
What a scary situation.

It was on the evening news about that tonight, and that the Mayor of Winnipeg has urgently requested federal help from the Prime Minister to send Canadian Armed Forces and health-care workers from other provinces.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/winnipeg...ster-1.5438363

I said this would happen a while back. This third wave has been a total disaster. Pallister and his followers learned nothing from the first two waves or simply didn't care.

Old 05-22-2021, 05:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I said this would happen a while back. This third wave has been a total disaster. Pallister and his followers learned nothing from the first two waves or simply didn't care.
All of this opening up then closing again stuff just does more to anger and drive suspicion among the folks given to such thinking.

When making these press statements I sometimes wonder where all the money goes that should be spent on hiring those educated types that can craft a factual and concise statement that instills confidence in leadership.

Trudeau - please get someone to write your stuff for you that did not attend the same drama classes you did - PLEASE!

Old 05-22-2021, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

All of this opening up then closing again stuff just does more to anger and drive suspicion among the folks given to such thinking.

When making these press statements I sometimes wonder where all the money goes that should be spent on hiring those educated types that can craft a factual and concise statement that instills confidence in leadership.

...... Trudeau - please get someone to write your stuff for you that did not attend the same drama classes you did - PLEASE!
All good points but especially the last point.

I'm not really annoyed with Trudeau about other things but I find it hard to believe that he ever attended any drama classes. If he did then the classes didn't sink in because he says "aahhh" and "uughhh" as just about every third word when he speaks to the public and it makes him sound like a dunce! ..... and that drives me stark raving mad pulling my hair out by the roots crazy wanting to slap him upside the head and stuff a sock in his mouth every time he says "aahhh" because I know he isn't a dunce !!!! Somebody really needs to direct him to a Toastmaster's club to learn how to do public speaking properly.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada