Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 01:10 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,571,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Hard to believe a rally like this took place with people openly carrying weapons. Even worse the leader of a major political party was present there. SMH I have to admit, it does seem like a very close knit community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnU45bVDqek
...and all Quebeckers are separatists

What they are carrying are Kirpans. It is one of the five articles of faith that every Sikh must carry on their persons at all times.

This was misunderstood by many other Canadians years ago, but not so much anymore. At least out here in BC and most likely Ontario where we have large populations of Indians who are Sikh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I am not the one that brought up Latinos into the conversation. If she was simply talking about time lines why bring Latinos into this?? Accuse us of being resentful and jealous of sikhs? Saying we are less industrious? If that's true of us than it is also true of average white Canadians as I looked it up and South asian families and Asians in general make more than white families. If college degrees and money are all that matter well whites are in the same boat as the rest of us here. The vast majority of sikh are not from old communties.

I only said those other things in response to her. And yes silence is complicity. In any case i never advocated for more latinos here. I actually discourage them from coming to Canada. I plan on eventually leaving myself. That should make you happy.
I'm not getting into an argument about latinos.

Silence on CD is not complicity.

Sometimes a post is not read or missed. Sometimes a person has to actually leave their device and do something in the real world and may not respond immediately, or by the time they do, the thread has moved on.

So again, do NOT take me not commenting on something as being complicit.

Old 01-26-2022, 01:16 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,413,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
...and all Quebeckers are separatists

What they are carrying are Kirpans. It is one of the five articles of faith that every Sikh must carry on their persons at all times.

This was misunderstood by many other Canadians years ago, but not so much anymore. At least out here in BC and most likely Ontario where we have large populations of Indians who are Sikh.
Most kirpans that they regularly carry are small. In anycase case that rally was held by an extremist group. I guess you over looked that part.

Quite a bit different from Quebec separatist. I honestly wouldn't blame Quebecois for being separatist now.

Comparing sikh extremist to Quebec separatist is insane.

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 01-26-2022 at 01:27 PM..

Old 01-26-2022, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I'm not getting into an argument about latinos.

Silence on CD is not complicity.

Sometimes a post is not read or missed. Sometimes a person has to actually leave their device and do something in the real world and may not respond immediately, or by the time they do, the thread has moved on.

So again, do NOT take me not commenting on something as being complicit.
Not only are you complicit you backed her up. lol again i am not the one that brought latinos up.

Old 01-26-2022, 02:27 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,335,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But Natnasci just said, for example, that there aren't many Jamaicans out West.
I hardly noticed those details even though I'm such a gourmand, always thinking of the Jamaican patties.
I did mention somewhere that one of my oncologists is a "Colombian", and I would never trade him for anyone else. I also met a "Venezuelan" and a "Peruvian" not too long ago, both in the healthcare industry.

Coming back to "Indo Canadians have a more close-knit community" OR NOT, one possibility is the nature of their family business such as owning a gas station. In Vancouver area, many of them are home builders, and often run like a family business. New comers could pay a couple hundreds of dollars and pass all the eight subjects within a stipulated timeframe to qualify for a new residential builder license as a general contractor.

https://www.homebuilders.mb.ca/new-h...-agent-course/
* introductory sales training course and a mandatory requirement for prospective New Home Sales Agents
https://www.homebuilders.mb.ca/our-m...ter-renovator/
* Master Builder and Master Renovator certification programs
The certification program consists of two separate designations:
- The Certified Housing Professional (CHP), granted to an individual
- The Certified Master Builder/Master Renovator, granted to a home building/renovation company.
To become a Certified Master Builder/Renovator, a company must have a CHP on staff.
All individuals must have had five years’ experience in the housing industry.
The designated CHP must complete eight hours of professional development.

Old 01-26-2022, 02:53 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,059,497 times
Quote:
Most kirpans that they regularly carry are small. In anycase case that rally was held by an extremist group. I guess you over looked that part.

Quite a bit different from Quebec separatist. I honestly wouldn't blame Quebecois for being separatist now.

You made me think that it's almost like having a PQ or BQ leader speaking in front of huge poster with an FLQ guy's image on it!

Old 01-26-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
You made me think that it's almost like having a PQ or BQ leader speaking in front of huge poster with an FLQ guy's image on it!
Yeah except the PQ and BQ want to leave Canada, Jagmeet singh wants to run it!! FLQ is pretty light weight compared these other ....folks.

Old 01-26-2022, 03:05 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,059,497 times
Quote:
Yeah except the PQ and BQ want to leave Canada, Jagmeet singh wants to run it!! FLQ is pretty light weight compared these other ....folks.
True.

Also, the FLQ is dead as a movement.

Old 01-26-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
True.

Also, the FLQ is dead as a movement.

Sad that person would throw Quebec in the convo like that. Specially since they said they don't want to go off topic. They completely overlooked the extremism part.

Old 01-26-2022, 04:02 PM

Quote:

You totally missed my point. I'm not equating them.

I'm also not comparing the two in the way you think.

I am making the point, that one group does not represent the whole.

Sikh separatists don't represent all Sikhs, and Quebec separatists don't represent all Quebeckers.

You seem to be wanting to say that Indians are not good immigrants, by highlighting a group of Sikh separatists and a terrorist.

It doesn't make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada