Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 12:42 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,059,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Some one craps on latinos in favour of another group. I point out a fact and i'm prejudice? LMAO
I (heart) Latinos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Sure you are!

But you mean assimilation, not integration I think.
As an aside, it's funny how assimilation has become a dirty word.

Not that long ago, most immigrants actively wanted to assimilate to their new country and it was the xenophobes who wanted to keep the immigrants apart from them, making them prisoners of a sort of ethno-cultural silo.

Old 01-25-2022, 01:15 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,057,756 times
Quote:
Wrong, many of us actually have to. I did. There was NO other people of my own cultural or ethnic group around where I moved here.

Why are you bringing Latinos into this? Anyway since you brought up, Latinos are doing just fine and are not resentful towards anyone here. I think we assimilate better than most here in Canada actually. We are even more open to other groups than others are. Statistics actually prove this. Thank you for proving what I often suspected and that people think poorly of Latinos on here. God forbid we ever follow Sikhs examples of being so closed off, greedy and religious zealots.....On second thought Maybe you're right, we should follow SIkhs and stop caring about white Canadians. Specially such angry and resentful Canadians as yourself.

As far as I know Latinos have never put a bomb on a Canadian air plane.

Quote:
Some one craps on latinos in favour of another group. I point out a fact and i'm prejudice? LMAO
It was just an example. You are letting your hot-headed Latin drama queen imagination run away with you again. Nobody crapped on Latinos in favour of another group. You just WANT to interpret it that way because you think Latinos should be inviolate and untouchable and nobody else can say anything about them.

But for somebody who apparently is a Latino immigrant to Canada, or at least claims to be Latino, and thinks Latinos have to be inviolate above all others, you sure have been doing a hell of a lot crapping on and bitching in this thread about Indians in Canada. Why is it okay for a Latino to snivel and whine about Indians but it's not okay for anybody else to mention the word Latino (unless it's you mentioning it) without you freaking out about it? Talk about double standards! Aren't you just so special.

The only time I've ever seen you have a single good thing to say about any Indo-Canadians was the time you were raving about how Jagmeet Singh's wife is so beautiful and hot. That says a lot about where your head is at, doesn't it? Dry up and get a grip on yourself. Those blocks of bigotry and racism sitting on your shoulders are crushing you. If the Sikhs in your community aren't accepting you and you find them so unfriendly maybe you should look in the mirror to see what unfriendliness and green eyed jealousy it is that the Sikhs are seeing in you. It is NOT pretty.

Last edited by Zoisite; 01-25-2022 at 02:00 PM..

Old 01-25-2022, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
It was just an example. You are letting your hot-headed Latin drama queen imagination run away with you again.

Holy crap

Old 01-25-2022, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Holy crap
Well it's the truth and it's not the first time he's behaved this way. There is no diplomatic way of saying it without lying. Is honesty verboten around here now too?

Old 01-25-2022, 01:55 PM

And another thing Luis that you need to be reminded of. The Sikhs were settled here in Canada nearly 100 years before you were even born in whatever foreign country you immigrated from. They have a 130 years history in Canada and have always been good citizens that have contributed tremendously to the Crown and Canadian society and the Canadian economy and government. They have just as much right as any other group of long standing to be here in whatever numbers.

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia....ish%20Columbia.

Old 01-25-2022, 02:10 PM
pdw

2,675 posts, read 3,097,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
As an aside, it's funny how assimilation has become a dirty word.

Not that long ago, most immigrants actively wanted to assimilate to their new country and it was the xenophobes who wanted to keep the immigrants apart from them, making them prisoners of a sort of ethno-cultural silo.
It’s sort of a dirty sounding word, for whatever reason. What does it mean exactly? Most Italians kept their Catholic faith when they came here and the traditional Italian culinary dishes and Italian fashion have become entrenched in our culture. I foresee the same thing happening with Indian culture having a bigger influence on the overall culture of Canada, the same way it has in the Caribbean

Old 01-25-2022, 02:13 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,413,646 times
Ok karen.

Quote:
It was just an example. You are letting your hot-headed Latin drama queen imagination run away with you again. Nobody crapped on Latinos in favour of another group. You just WANT to interpret it that way because you think Latino's should be inviolate and untouchable and nobody else can say anything about them.
LMAO No it wasn't just an example, stop gas lighting...you did **** on Latinos...
Quote:
If the late comer Latinos in a given area are resentful because the long time Sikh residents in that area are more industrious, prosperous and successful with stronger community and greater numbers than the Latinos have then instead of acting resentful it's up to the Latinos to emulate what the Sikhs have done to gain similar success for their own Latino community. Success doesn't rub off due to proximity and it doesn't get handed out on a silver platter. It has to be worked for
Latinos are not envious or resentful of Sikhs in any shape or form. Sikhs have NEVER ever come up in any converstion I have had with other latinos...and calling me a hot headed latin drama queen.....thats rich coming from angry old white karen such as yourself. You don't know anything about Latinos. there are barely any in Canada,specially not where you live. Latinos are the most accepting of other people here in Canada. Statistics prove that.

Quote:

But for somebody who apparently is a Latino immigrant to Canada, or at least claims to be Latino, and thinks Latinos have to be inviolate above all others, you sure have been doing a hell of a lot crapping on and bitching in this thread about Indians in Canada. Why is it okay for a Latino to snivel and whine about Indians but it's not okay for anybody else to mention the word Latino (unless it's you mentioning it) without you freaking out about it? Talk about double standards! Aren't you just so special.
There are plenty things to criticize Latinos over, but saying they are envious or resentful of sikhs is not one of them. That is simply false. ......and why the **** would I lie about being Latino online??? Seriously you are desperate and making things up just to attack people.

Quote:
The only time I've ever seen you have a single good thing to say about any Indo-Canadians was the time you were raving about how Jagmeet Singh's wife is so beautiful and hot. That says a lot about where your head is at, doesn't it? Dry up and get a grip on yourself. Those blocks of bigotry and racism sitting on your shoulders are crushing you. If the Sikhs in your community aren't accepting you and you find them so unfriendly maybe you should look in the mirror to see what unfriendliness and green eyed jealousy it is that the Sikhs are seeing in you. It is NOT pretty.
[/quote]

Thanks for paying such close attention to my comments zoisite. I suggest you find something else to do with your life. LOL No one is looking to be accepted by sikhs. Again you are making things up. If I noticed things about them its because there are so many of them here, its hard not to notice. Keep making things up, stop being so angry.

Old 01-25-2022, 02:15 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,413,646 times
Quote:
And another thing Luis that you need to be reminded of. The Sikhs were settled here in Canada nearly 100 years before you were even born in whatever foreign country you immigrated from. They have a 130 years history in Canada and have always been good citizens that have contributed tremendously to the Crown and Canadian society and the Canadian economy and government. They have just as much right as any other group of long standing to be here in whatever numbers.

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia....ish%20Columbia.

The vast majority of Sikhs are recent immigrants. Their numbers have exploded over the past two decades.

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 01-25-2022 at 02:34 PM..

Old 01-25-2022, 02:16 PM

History of Prejudice and Discrimination in Canada: https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia....discrimination

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada