Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 06:45 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times

Advertisements

This is a tragedy. And a preventable one. I think that presciption drug use, in any death merits scrutiny, and rigorous review of all meds prescribed, and the doctors who provided the scripts.

Being rich, famous, talented, and wealthy must not be that great, given the celebs who have died of drug overdoses. Heath Ledger, Micheal Jackson, many others...add Whitney to the list of many. Sad.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This is a tragedy. And a preventable one. I think that presciption drug use, in any death merits scrutiny, and rigorous review of all meds prescribed, and the doctors who provided the scripts.

Being rich, famous, talented, and wealthy must not be that great, given the celebs who have died of drug overdoses. Heath Ledger, Micheal Jackson, many others...add Whitney to the list of many. Sad.

yeah, but you think they would have learned something from the previous deaths.

again, drug lesson 101, pills and booze = death.

what part of this, don't they "get"

she had 3 types of pills, valium, xanax, and another one, were they in a pez dispenser???

Old 02-16-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Whitney Houston's Family Tries to Block Bobby Brown from Singer's Fortune | TMZ.com
The fighting begins ! We all knew Bobby was going to worm his way back in!

Not for nothing, everyone wants to blame Bobby Brown, but Whitney was the one that said "I do", no one forced her, I don't think she was an angel either.

Do we remember hers and Bobby's reality show, please, she portrayed herself as completely ghetto in my eyes, with class about as low as the curb.

so people need to stop blaming Bobby, she was no prize either.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:53 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Not for nothing, everyone wants to blame Bobby Brown, but Whitney was the one that said "I do", no one forced her, I don't think she was an angel either.

Do we remember hers and Bobby's reality show, please, she portrayed herself as completely ghetto in my eyes, with class about as low as the curb.

so people need to stop blaming Bobby, she was no prize either.
Agree wholeheartedly. I guess people blame others because it is easier. We all have a choice and unless he tied her down and forced them on her then she made the choice to do drugs and this is what happens.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:11 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Whitney Houston's Family Tries to Block Bobby Brown from Singer's Fortune | TMZ.com
The fighting begins ! We all knew Bobby was going to worm his way back in!
Bobby has his own career. I think it's more likely the do nothing leeches in Whitney's family want to keep her and her money for themselves.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:03 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
Some commentator pointed out that the drug garbage-can rockers of the 1960s are largely still alive- that illicit drugs weren't as dangerous as the current prescription drug abuse.
For the record, I believe Janis Joplin died from alcohol, as did Jim Morrison. Jimi Hendrix died from choking on his own vomit from alcohol and barbituates. Amy Winehouse apparently died from an alcohol-withdrawal seizure, and her own father admitted he felt better that she was drinking and not drugging
Substance abuse leads to jail, insanity and death. If you're rich and famous, you can afford more and better treatment, but you can also afford all the drugs and stuff that you want and that others want to enable you to have.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:23 AM

965 posts, read 1,884,510 times
I'm tired of people still making Bobby Brown a scapegoat. Whitney was a hood chick from Newark who was cleaned up by Clive Davis to be America's Sweetheart. People, she was selling an image to you. Is Bobby a saint? Hell no! If anything, they were a match made in hell and enabled each other's foolishness and drug use, but Whitney struck me as a very strong-willed woman who couldn't be made to do anything.

I will remember Whitney for being the beautiful diva that she was and the beautiful music she sang, but understand that behind the facade and superficiality of Hollywood smoke and mirrors, she had a lot of demons to battle and had to deal with leeches, monsters, and users her entire life. That would be draining for the average joe, let alone a world-famous pop singer.

RIP Nippy...

Old 02-16-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
I'm tired of people still making Bobby Brown a scapegoat. Whitney was a hood chick from Newark who was cleaned up by Clive Davis to be America's Sweetheart. People, she was selling an image to you. Is Bobby a saint? Hell no! If anything, they were a match made in hell and enabled each other's foolishness and drug use, but Whitney struck me as a very strong-willed woman who couldn't be made to do anything.

I will remember Whitney for being the beautiful diva that she was and the beautiful music she sang, but understand that behind the facade and superficiality of Hollywood smoke and mirrors, she had a lot of demons to battle and had to deal with leeches, monsters, and users her entire life. That would be draining for the average joe, let alone a world-famous pop singer.

RIP Nippy...

You got that right.

She was on Oprah and said she had 5 brothers and basically wasn't afraid of anyone. So the Bobby Brown made me do it crap, is just that, he didn;t make her do anything she didn't want to.

She was a ghetto chick from the hood, she was just able to dress the part of the pretty delicate little gospel singer.....

please, so was no prize.

She was no role model for her daughter.

Now Bobby Brown on the other hand said about his drug use, he was young, just married and bored.............................are you kidding me, bored???

your a musical star, your new wife is a star, you have the world at your feet, and YOU are bored.

gee, i wonder what I must be??????????????????????

Old 02-16-2012, 12:28 PM

965 posts, read 1,884,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
You got that right.

She was on Oprah and said she had 5 brothers and basically wasn't afraid of anyone. So the Bobby Brown made me do it crap, is just that, he didn;t make her do anything she didn't want to.

She was a ghetto chick from the hood, she was just able to dress the part of the pretty delicate little gospel singer.....

please, so was no prize.

She was no role model for her daughter.

Now Bobby Brown on the other hand said about his drug use, he was young, just married and bored.............................are you kidding me, bored???

your a musical star, your new wife is a star, you have the world at your feet, and YOU are bored.

gee, i wonder what I must be??????????????????????
I get the feeling that Whitney could certainly hold her own in a streetfight if she had to. As for Bobby being "bored," you mean to tell me he couldn't get his behind into a studio to record some good music? His "Don't Be Cruel" album holds a special place in my heart due to a few songs on there that defined a personal moment in my life back in High School, so he definitely had the talent, but it seems like he was content with resting on his laurels.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
I get the feeling that Whitney could certainly hold her own in a streetfight if she had to. As for Bobby being "bored," you mean to tell me he couldn't get his behind into a studio to record some good music? His "Don't Be Cruel" album holds a special place in my heart due to a few songs on there that defined a personal moment in my life back in High School, so he definitely had the talent, but it seems like he was content with resting on his laurels.

Can you even imagine....ugh !!!

He was talented and did have good songs, i dont know what hos problem was..

oh wait, he was bored.

gee I wish I could be so bored making recordings and bringing in the cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities