Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 06:06 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Burial:
Fairview Cemetery
Westfield
Union County
New Jersey, USA

Whitney Elizabeth Houston (1963 - 2012) - Find A Grave Memorial
Wow, I can't believe they have it listed on Find-A-Grave already.

She isn't even there yet. They took the casket back to the funeral home, and they are having a private burial service at the cemetery tomorrow.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:06 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Lindo View Post
Bobby Brown should have been on the front row sitting next to Bobbi Kris and the rest of his family should have been allowed to attend this service. I hate the fact that Whitney's ONLY husband didnt get to see her go home.
I don't blame her family for what they did. Bobby Brown was physically/mentally/emotionally abusive to Whitney and caused her a great deal of pain during their marriage (fathering illegitimate children during their marriage). Why would her family allow this destructive force in her life to sit in a place of honor at her funeral?

Old 02-18-2012, 06:07 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
We don't know the whole story with Brown and why he left early. I read his statement. He was saying that he and his other kids plus a couple of other good friends (not an entourage as the tabloid media reports) were seated and the security asked them 3 times to move back. He got tired of it. He blew a kiss to Whitney's casket and left without making a scene.

I watched a few scenes of the service and it was definitely a traditional home going service.

She definitely will be missed but her angelic soulful voice will live on.

Rest in paradise, Whitney.
This isn't directed at you, fitzy. I'm just venting a bit.

He got tired of it. Well, Bobbi Kristina, Ms. Cissy Houston, and other close family (and friends) are way more than "tired". They are devastated. Bobby Brown, grow up.

No, I don't know exactly what happened, just seems to me that he could have stayed. Well, enough about him.

I've attended Apostolic and non-demoninational home goings. Sometimes people shout (dance) because they're rejoicing that the deceased is no longer suffering. They believe he/she is in heaven. There's crying (sorrow), but also joy.

My dad's (Baptist) homegoing was more low-key, but very nice. The songs weren't sad. Even the preacher said that my dad was ready to go. That made me feel better, for I know he was tired.

Yes, Ms. Houston had a wonderful send-off. I hope it was of some comfort to her family and friends.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:14 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Are we going to make a big deal about every crackhead that dies in a city?
If that crackhead was an American Icon, than why not? If not, than why should we? It's that simple. American media covering the death of an American Icon(and even sometimes a non-American icon like Lennon) is nothing new. What makes it different now? Why is everyone so touchy and pouty when it came to her death and the media coverage of it? What'd you expect?

Last edited by polo89; 02-18-2012 at 06:32 PM..

Old 02-18-2012, 06:15 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
The end really got to me, especially when they picked up the casket, and the young man seated near it reached out and touched it. Then he broke down. That and "I'll Always Love You" playing so clearly nearly undid me.
That is when I cried. It was so touching.

I started watching the funeral before it began and when it was over I looked at the clock and couldn't believe 4 hours had passed. I'm so glad I watched it all. It was so lovely.

If one can say that they loved a funeral then I'm saying it. It was so uplifting. The Baptists know how to bring it with the music.

There is a Hindi saying "Dil Se" and it means "From the heart." That's what the funeral was. Dil Se.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
This isn't directed at you, fitzy. I'm just venting a bit.

He got tired of it. Well, Bobbi Kristina, Ms. Cissy Houston, and other close family (and friends) are way more than "tired". They are devastated. Bobby Brown, grow up.

No, I don't know exactly what happened, just seems to me that he could have stayed. Well, enough about him.

I've attended Apostolic and non-demoninational home goings. Sometimes people shout (dance) because they're rejoicing that the deceased is no longer suffering. They believe he/she is in heaven. There's crying (sorrow), but also joy.

My dad's (Baptist) homegoing was more low-key, but very nice. The songs weren't sad. Even the preacher said that my dad was ready to go. That made me feel better, for I know he was tired.

Yes, Ms. Houston had a wonderful send-off. I hope it was of some comfort to her family and friends.
That is nice. Yes, even if it isn't as "celebratory", most Christian funerals have that theme. There is a belief that the deceased are in a better place where there is no pain or grief or tiredness. My dad's Reformed Church funeral was nice--his favorite hymns were sung, and the church was such a huge part of his life that it was appropriate to be held in the place he'd worshipped every Sunday. He was disabled but died quickly of a heart attack and did not suffer, so we were grateful for that.

Another thing I thought was nice was when Clive Davis addressed Bobbi Kristina and told her that he'd lost both his parents as a teenager, too, but that he felt his mother has always been with him.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:17 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times
Video, WHITNEY HOUSTON’S FUNERAL ENDS TO ‘I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU’

Breitbart.tv » Whitney Houston’s Funeral Ends To ‘I Will Always Love You’

Old 02-18-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
That is when I cried. It was so touching.

I started watching the funeral before it began and when it was over I looked at the clock and couldn't believe 4 hours had passed. I'm so glad I watched it all. It was so lovely.

If one can say that they loved a funeral then I'm saying it. It was so uplifting. The Baptists know how to bring it with the music.

There is a Hindi saying "Dil Se" and it means "From the heart." That's what the funeral was. Dil Se.
Ding ding ding. That's the one thing I do not love about my church. The Episcopal Hymnal has a few old favorites, but it's pretty dismal overall.

I loved New Hope's choir, especially the way they sang the 23rd Psalm.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:30 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Video, WHITNEY HOUSTON’S FUNERAL ENDS TO ‘I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU’

Breitbart.tv » Whitney Houston’s Funeral Ends To ‘I Will Always Love You’
Was Ray J the young man who touched her casket after it was hoisted up? That was heartbreaking, but it seemed that Whitney was being lifted to heaven.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:45 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Was Ray J the young man who touched her casket after it was hoisted up? That was heartbreaking, but it seemed that Whitney was being lifted to heaven.
Yes, that was Ray J who touched her casket.

Ray J Breaks Down At Whitney Houston’s Funeral
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities