Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 01:04 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
I'm tired of people still making Bobby Brown a scapegoat. Whitney was a hood chick from Newark who was cleaned up by Clive Davis to be America's Sweetheart. People, she was selling an image to you. Is Bobby a saint? Hell no! If anything, they were a match made in hell and enabled each other's foolishness and drug use, but Whitney struck me as a very strong-willed woman who couldn't be made to do anything.

I will remember Whitney for being the beautiful diva that she was and the beautiful music she sang, but understand that behind the facade and superficiality of Hollywood smoke and mirrors, she had a lot of demons to battle and had to deal with leeches, monsters, and users her entire life. That would be draining for the average joe, let alone a world-famous pop singer.

RIP Nippy...

You nail it!!

Old 02-16-2012, 01:08 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Can you even imagine....ugh !!!

He was talented and did have good songs, i dont know what his problem was..

oh wait, he was bored.

gee I wish I could be so bored making recordings and bringing in the cash.

He had mega producers LA & Baby Face plus Teddy Riley.....THAT"S WHY BOBBY was on top!!

Without good producers, he's nothing. Couple that with the crazed life he was livin'.....that's what happened!!

Old 02-16-2012, 04:52 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,089,634 times
This woman squandered God's gifts--her voice, beauty and health--and not the least her lovely daughter --what a terrible parent. Maybe she had "pressures" but the average Joe trying to put food on the table has pressures and no access to medical care and support like she did. Maybe she was just plain dumb----

Old 02-16-2012, 07:22 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
"Don't judge a man until you've walked two moons in his moccasins."

Old 02-16-2012, 08:55 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Its amazing that this sort of vitriol is reserved solely for Black artists. I don't remember people being quite as cruel about the drug-related deaths of Elvis Presley, Heath Ledger, John Belushi, Kurt Cobain, Chris Farley, Britteny Murphy, Anna Nicole Smith, Amy Winehouse, etc, etc.

Whitney Houston 'crack' comment led to John and Ken's suspension - latimes.com

Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Its amazing that this sort of vitriol is reserved solely for Black artists. I don't remember people being quite as cruel about the drug-related deaths of Elvis Presley, Heath Ledger, John Belushi, Kurt Cobain, Chris Farley, Britteny Murphy, Anna Nicole Smith, Amy Winehouse, etc, etc.

please don't make it racial. Yes---such things were said-are still being said about all those you mentioned and more.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:

Maybe you just have selective memory.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 PM

295 posts, read 554,729 times
whitneys skin color her face color and body color here in this vid do not match..... almost looks like they used mud on her face for foundation

Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston @ MTV Video Music Awards 10. sept 1998 - YouTube

Old 02-17-2012, 06:26 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:

spare us the racialiaty, please...the media does the same thing when it is new like this no matter what color.
so take that black thing and chuck it!!

Amy Winehouse, please they ran with that for a while. They still talk about Elvis........
so don't even go there.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:03 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
I agree...it is not a racial thing at all it is about their fame and who they were not their color. I see things on Amy Winehouse at least once a week. The common factor was drugs and alcohol and that has no color preference. Don't go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities