Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 09:07 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,969,171 times

Advertisements

What the hell is "pop" music? Whitney definitely wasn't pop....she was R&B.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:41 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post

she was pop !!! with R & B flavor, but mostly pop.

true R & B is

chaka khan
vesta williams
sade
angela winbush
Cherrelle
barbara mason
donna allen
brenda russell

shall i go on.................

Old 02-17-2012, 12:00 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
I didn't believe Whitney when she would publically declare that she was far too wealthy to sink to the level of crack use and stated instead that they were only freebasing. You can truly see how the drugs had taken over on some of her interviews with Oprah etc.

She was very fresh and beautiful in her hey day may she RIP and be one more lesson of what not to do.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
she was pop !!! with R & B flavor, but mostly pop.

true R & B is

chaka khan
vesta williams
sade
angela winbush
Cherrelle
barbara mason
donna allen
brenda russell

shall i go on.................
Let me ask you this, who out right is R&B? Honestly, pop would be the last categoy I'd put Whitney in. She was too strong a singer for thag pop crap. The only strong singer you could say was pop is MJ, and evem then, a lot of his music is R&B.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:33 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I didn't believe Whitney when she would publically declare that she was far too wealthy to sink to the level of crack use and stated instead that they were only freebasing. You can truly see how the drugs had taken over on some of her interviews with Oprah etc.

She was very fresh and beautiful in her hey day may she RIP and be one more lesson of what not to do.
I agree. I just saw the interview with Diane Sawyer and it was pretty hypocritical of her. A total shame. She could have "had it all".

Quote:
Kode: She was definitely a combination of pop, R & B,and the list goes on. Black, white, everyone liked her.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I agree. I just saw the interview with Diane Sawyer and it was pretty hypocritical of her. A total shame. She could have "had it all".

Kode: She was definitely a combination of pop, R & B,and the list goes on. Black, white, everyone liked her.
Some say pop is a genre, others say its its when there music "crosses over."

Old 02-17-2012, 12:45 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Thread closed pending moderator review and cleanup of off topic posts.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Let me ask you this, who out right is R&B? Honestly, pop would be the last categoy I'd put Whitney in. She was too strong a singer for thag pop crap. The only strong singer you could say was pop is MJ, and evem then, a lot of his music is R&B.

She was pop, her songs were on all the top 40 stations here in NY.

The last catagory?? your kidding, would have been the first for me since not only was she played on urban stations but like I said before the top 40 as well.

The others I mentioned were not played on the top 40.
I can add so many more to the list, but Whitney was definetely pop.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

That interview was painful to watch. Whitney was absolutely "on" something at that time. She kept fidgeting around with her bracelets and so on, tell tale sign of drug use.

Whitney made a complete fool of herself with Diane. I almost felt sorry for her, and had to wonder, why did she do that interview???

Whitney: Diane, crack is cheap, I make to much money for crack, sheeeesh, crack is whack. (shakes head from side to side)

Well if nothing else she did give me the low down on the prices of crack, should I ever deceide to be in the market for it. At least now, I know it is whack, which I am assuming is not cool

Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 PM

965 posts, read 1,885,916 times
I need to stop looking at conspiracy sites late at night. Supposedly, Whitney died as a ritual sacrifice for the London Olympics and Madonna (who I do believe is a devil worshipper or dabbles in the occult) is tied into all of this.

Whitney Houston, Madonna And The Queen « Merovee

Quote:
In this post, I will attempt to explain the occult agenda which culminated with the sacrifice of Whitney Houston . Make no mistake, Whitney Houston’s death was a sacrifice . I don’t know how her death was organised but it was the last act in a triple header of Goddess worship .
Last year, we had a similar period with the Royal Wedding, the beatification of John Paul 11 and the death of Osama bin Laden . This year we have the Goddess worship seen at the Super Bowl, the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth in Britain and the sacrifice to the Goddess of Whitney Houston . Occultists love the ‘it comes in threes’ rituals .
First up was the Madonna Egyptian goddess performance at the Super Bowl on 5th Feb. I won’t go into great detail about this as others have written good stuff but will make my own observations about the Super Bowl . The main aspect of it was the channelling of an Egyptian goddess by Madonna who received the worship from the audience at the Super Bowl and the millions (billions?) watching on their televisions and computers .
Quote:
After the Super Bowl, we then had the next act in the Goddess ritual . In Britain, the 6th Feb marked the 60th anniversary of the accession of Queen Elizabeth 2 to the throne of England . Actually there were very few public events, which are being saved up for June when the weather is a bit better . The Queen visited a school in Norfolk, England and a 41 gun salute was held at Hyde Park and a 62 gun salute at the Tower of London . Even though it was more subdued than the Super Bowl, the result was the same and again, we had a Goddess receiving the adulation from her minions .

We then move onto the final and to the occultists, most powerful ritual – the sacrifice of Whitney Houston . The Old Testament from the Bible has examples of the sacrifice of the first born son to the masculine God, Jehovah . In the case of Whitney Houston, it is the sacrifice of the daughter to the female Goddess .
Whitney Houston's middle name was Elizabeth and Madonna recently directed a movie called "W.E."

http://merovee.wordpress.com/2012/02...itney-houston/

Quote:
“So who will be the sacrifice ? The theme for this year appears to be Goddess worship, with Madonna channelling an Egyptian pharaoh at the Super Bowl and the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth on 6th Feb, so I imagine it will be connected to the feminine . It may not even be an individual but will be linked in some way with females . If it is an individual, she will be a big name .”

Quote:
My initial thoughts are that this is the start of similar events and I still think something ‘special’ is planned for the Olympics . And for those sceptics who think ‘The Ritual Sacrifice of Whitney Houston’ is a load of a hooey, just reread the quote above . Once you understand the agenda, it’s not difficult to predict what will happen .

NB: With hindsight it is obvious, the sacrifice of Whitney Houston should come so soon after the Super Bowl and Queen’s Jubilee (there’s always a triple aspect) but for some reason my mind was focussed on the Olympics .
Take with it what you will...

Last edited by Overcooked_Oatmeal; 02-17-2012 at 01:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities