Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 08:46 AM

4,104 posts, read 2,430,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
The whole issue sparked debate decades ago and swept under the rug because it was the 1st public sensationalized race issue. OJ was guilty but the jury had a lot of black people who felt their racial justice was more important.

Those American jurors should be ashamed for allowing racial debates to coincide a criminal murder case. OJ was not a good person, he broke the law and was jailed again.
The bolded part I can agree with. He was a very interesting guy and he abused Nicole. No doubt about it. That "If I did it.." tribe was the most boneheaded move a person can do. Well, maybe not because he made money off of it. In addition to going to jail for memorabilia that he wanted to take back. Incredibly stupid. However, the rest of your statements we meet a fork in the road. I think the jurors were on point and they read the evidence, testimony presented and came away with a correct verdict. As I said earlier, I must be in the minority since I am a white dude that thinks he's innocent. Going by your statement before the bolded one, a black person can't reasonably convict another black person no matter the evidence presented. You lost me there because many black people mentioned to me that OJ was no friend of the black community.

Last edited by quiet life; 04-17-2024 at 09:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 10:20 AM

6,065 posts, read 4,257,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post

LaVergne, who the Las Vegas Review-Journal notes has represented Simpson since 2009, told the outlet that he does not want the family of Ron Goldman to acquire money from the estate. “It’s my hope that the Goldmans get zero, nothing,” LaVergne said. “Them specifically. And I will do everything in my capacity as the executor or personal representative to try and ensure that they get nothing.”[/i]

As it should be. This legal action was nothing but a money grab anyway. I don't even think Fred Goldman believes OJ did it but the court of public opinion will always think otherwise. That's why this case will never be looked at again. Overwhelming evidence my arse!
I guess you missed that LaVergne backtracked this statement a day or so later and said the Brown and Goldman families will be paid?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oj-simp...il-settlement/

Old 04-17-2024, 11:15 AM

26,860 posts, read 27,036,397 times
Quote:
I don't even think Fred Goldman believes OJ did it
You can't be serious.

Article from 6/12/19: Kim Goldman wrote to O.J. Simpson a few years ago, asking to visit him in the Nevada prison where he was being held for robbery and kidnapping.

She wanted to see the man she says killed her brother, Ron Goldman, and Simpson’s wife 25 years ago Wednesday outside Nicole Brown Simpson’s Brentwood townhouse. It would become known as “the crime of the century.”

To her surprise, Simpson’s people got back to her. He would see her — as long as she signed a non-disclosure agreement covering their conversation. Goldman refused.

Much as she wanted to see him shackled and humbled, she said, she would never give Ron’s “brutal killer that pleasure.”

When a loved one is murdered, those they leave behind often go through a cycle of grief and pain. Many fight to give the loss meaning but also try to accept what happened and move on.

Not Kim Goldman.

For a quarter-century, she has made bringing Simpson to what she considers justice her unwavering mission. She and her father, Fred Goldman, have chased down secret hordes of Simpson’s memorabilia, taken possession of his tell-all book and spoken out against a criminal justice system that she says ignores victims’ rights.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...612-story.html

Old 04-17-2024, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I guess you missed that LaVergne backtracked this statement a day or so later and said the Brown and Goldman families will be paid?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oj-simp...il-settlement/
Happen to see this on another site. Lololol. Dude your counterpoints are, shall we say, skating on thin ice. OJ's trustee/attorney clearly realized he made a knee jerk reaction to Fred Goldman chit talking. He walked it back because it's a private and legal matter. Behind closed doors, this is only my opinion, he will be informed of OJ's wishes spelled out in his trust. OJ's instructions specifically state that the Goldmans and Browns will get bupkis. Just like when he was alive. If it wasn't for OJ, both of these families would be scraping by. Let them continue their money grab into perpetuity. Good luck!

Old 04-17-2024, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
You can't be serious.

Article from 6/12/19: Kim Goldman wrote to O.J. Simpson a few years ago, asking to visit him in the Nevada prison where he was being held for robbery and kidnapping.

She wanted to see the man she says killed her brother, Ron Goldman, and Simpson’s wife 25 years ago Wednesday outside Nicole Brown Simpson’s Brentwood townhouse. It would become known as “the crime of the century.”

To her surprise, Simpson’s people got back to her. He would see her — as long as she signed a non-disclosure agreement covering their conversation. Goldman refused.

Much as she wanted to see him shackled and humbled, she said, she would never give Ron’s “brutal killer that pleasure.”

When a loved one is murdered, those they leave behind often go through a cycle of grief and pain. Many fight to give the loss meaning but also try to accept what happened and move on.

Not Kim Goldman.

For a quarter-century, she has made bringing Simpson to what she considers justice her unwavering mission. She and her father, Fred Goldman, have chased down secret hordes of Simpson’s memorabilia, taken possession of his tell-all book and spoken out against a criminal justice system that she says ignores victims’ rights.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...612-story.html
The Goldman family are nothing but attention and money seeking whores. It was a stupid attempt for Kim to see OJ and he saw it as such. That's why they won't see a wooden nickel. They can keep polishing OJ's Heisman and hope a magic Genie will grant them three wishes because that's the only way they will get millions.

Old 04-17-2024, 04:41 PM

35,410 posts, read 17,297,045 times
Quote:
The bolded part I can agree with. He was a very interesting guy and he abused Nicole. No doubt about it. That "If I did it.." tribe was the most boneheaded move a person can do. Well, maybe not because he made money off of it. In addition to going to jail for memorabilia that he wanted to take back. Incredibly stupid. However, the rest of your statements we meet a fork in the road. I think the jurors were on point and they read the evidence, testimony presented and came away with a correct verdict. As I said earlier, I must be in the minority since I am a white dude that thinks he's innocent. Going by your statement before the bolded one, a black person can't reasonably convict another black person no matter the evidence presented. You lost me there because many black people mentioned to me that OJ was no friend of the black community.
As am I.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:01 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,502,035 times
Quote:
The Goldman family are nothing but attention and money seeking whores. It was a stupid attempt for Kim to see OJ and he saw it as such. That's why they won't see a wooden nickel. They can keep polishing OJ's Heisman and hope a magic Genie will grant them three wishes because that's the only way they will get millions.
What a nasty, mean comment to make about a family who lost their precious loved one.

Old 04-18-2024, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
What a nasty, mean comment to make about a family who lost their precious loved one.
Dude, I call it like I see it. I will say this again. That Goldman family will never co-sign another look at this case because if it is proven that another person or persons did this crime then their frivolous lawsuit would go out the window. The DNA evidence was tainted and bungled by law enforcement. That came out during the trial. BTW, this is still an unsolved case according to the law. No one else has been charged. It's been a money grab because of OJ's wealth and the Goldman family thought he was an easy target. Again, good luck with their witch hunt.

Old 04-23-2024, 10:11 PM

8,387 posts, read 13,540,513 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-DZExQLJM

I don't really have an opinion on this but I always wondered, if not him, who was it?
Who had the motivation?

Prosecution sure did botch things up, almost to the point where you wonder if it was deliberate because by the time this case was over and he was acquitted, there was no longer any investigation.
At that point, it doesn't matter if the case is still open if the investigation stopped.

If nothing else, it was another good indication of how there were two types of laws, one for the rich and powerful and another for the rest.
Looking for "justice" in American legal system is like looking for Bigfoot in the woods with a hangover.

Last edited by TurcoLoco; 04-23-2024 at 10:28 PM..

Old 04-24-2024, 03:51 PM

17,717 posts, read 15,462,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post

I don't really have an opinion on this but I always wondered, if not him, who was it?
Who had the motivation?

Prosecution sure did botch things up, almost to the point where you wonder if it was deliberate because by the time this case was over and he was acquitted, there was no longer any investigation.
At that point, it doesn't matter if the case is still open if the investigation stopped.

If nothing else, it was another good indication of how there were two types of laws, one for the rich and powerful and another for the rest.
Looking for "justice" in American legal system is like looking for Bigfoot in the woods with a hangover.

Only part I'd like to clarify here.. There was a whole lot of botching on this. You can't put it all on the prosecution, though.. Yeah, they probably deserve a lions share of blame.

Listen to some interviews with Tom Lange, the retired detective, and the one you hear on the phone with OJ during the Bronco chase. Very smart man.. Has a very interesting take on things. And, a takeaway you get listening to him.. A very honest, very believable man. Even he said the right verdict was reached based on the case the prosecution put forward as I recall.

And.. He's one of the good ones. While I don't disagree that the LAPD overall screwed up big time.. Big enough to hand an acquittal to the defense.. I mean.. When one of the detectives pleads the fifth when asked if he's ever planted evidence.. There goes the case. Over and done right then.

I get the impression of him as a cop who doesn't care at all about anything but the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities