Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 01:42 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Murder took place in the Santa Monica jurisdiction ........ so lets move it into the city lol. Garcetti is a scumbag.
From that link on jury composition: The racial composition of the jury was strongly influenced by the decision of the prosecution to file the Simpson case in downtown Los Angeles rather than--as is usually the case-- in the judicial district where the crime occurred-- in this case, Santa Monica. Had the case be filed in Santa Monica, the Simpson jury would have been mostly white instead of, as was the case, mostly African-American. With poll data showing that most whites believed Simpson to be guilty and most blacks believing him to be not guilty, the decision to file the case in Santa Monica may have been the biggest mistake the prosecution made. Vincent Bugliosi, the celebrated prosecutor in the Charles Manson case, said the mistake 'dwarfed anything the defense did.' "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 02:13 PM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
From that link on jury composition: The racial composition of the jury was strongly influenced by the decision of the prosecution to file the Simpson case in downtown Los Angeles rather than--as is usually the case-- in the judicial district where the crime occurred-- in this case, Santa Monica. Had the case be filed in Santa Monica, the Simpson jury would have been mostly white instead of, as was the case, mostly African-American. With poll data showing that most whites believed Simpson to be guilty and most blacks believing him to be not guilty, the decision to file the case in Santa Monica may have been the biggest mistake the prosecution made. Vincent Bugliosi, the celebrated prosecutor in the Charles Manson case, said the mistake 'dwarfed anything the defense did.' "
Moving the case was intentional. Garcetti didn't want more rioting, and murders that would come with an OJ conviction.

Old 04-14-2024, 03:10 PM

4,846 posts, read 2,665,246 times
read an article today that said OJ hired Gambino goons to kill Nicole while he watched...

Quote:
“100 percent,” Dunton can be heard saying on the recording. “The four guys that came, they were members of the Gambino family. They were involved in all kinds of stuff. You know what the mob does. The bottom line is everything was done with OJ’s direction. That’s what happened.”

Simpson also came to watch, Dunton claimed.

“He was there,” Dunton insisted to Barresi. “I don’t know what he did, but he was there. He knew these guys were going over to Nicole’s house to kill her. He wanted to be there. I don’t know why. I’m glad he’s dead to be honest. What he did was a really horrible thing and I went through hell because of that.”

The Post was unable to independently verify Dunton’s claims.
https://nypost.com/2024/04/13/us-new...impson-source/

Old 04-14-2024, 04:08 PM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
read an article today that said OJ hired Gambino goons to kill Nicole while he watched...

https://nypost.com/2024/04/13/us-new...impson-source/
I have heard that the mob was involved before, but was something along the lines of debt owed due to drugs (Nicole owned money and the mobster blamed OJ and took him over there and OJ killed them). It seems like an unusual mob hit though with a knife. Very messy.

Last edited by Karl Lagos; 04-14-2024 at 04:17 PM..

Old 04-14-2024, 04:12 PM

6,968 posts, read 4,809,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Despite the nonsense of Cochran allegedly demonstrating the glove didn't fit, the same way any idiot could take a glove that fits them perfectly and contort their fingers and make a dog & pony show of 'struggling' to put it on, OJ's hands were protected by gloves. Celebrity, courtroom melodramatics and poorly executed prosecution saved OJ, nothing else.
Not to mention breaking the chain of possession of evidence. Horribly mishandled case.

Old 04-14-2024, 07:18 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,341,120 times
Many believe that the Bronco used in the slow-speed chase was OJ's. It was actually Al Cowlings' Bronco. He and OJ were besties, and he'd actually bought a white Bronco - an absolute twin to OJ's.
Now OJ's actual Bronco, as we know now, had blood stains; that Bronco was parked at OJ's house. Upon termination of the pursuit, the LAPD impounded Cowlings' Bronco, but it was eventually released back to him. OJ's Bronco OTOH was also impounded - and it remained in police custody during the duration of the trial, whereupon it was returned not to OJ, but to Hertz rent a car (Hertz actually owned the vehicle; it was given to OJ as a perk of his being a spokesman for the company). That Bronco was destroyed by Hertz and is no longer in existence.

Old 04-14-2024, 07:37 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Don't care he's dead. I never cared for him either way. I'm sure he did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Simpson-Dead
Cochran-Dead
Kardashian-Dead
Shapiro-Dead
Bailey-Dead

He's not dead yet, but he's 81.

Old 04-15-2024, 06:12 AM

3,939 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
"The prosecution presented DNA findings that the blood found next to the size-12 shoeprints leaving the scene belonged to Simpson (who wore size 12 shoes), that blood found on a sock in his bedroom belonged to Nicole and that blood detected in his Bronco belonged to Goldman.

As for motive, the prosecutors portrayed Simpson as a jealous man obsessed with his ex-wife and frustrated he could no longer control her through expensive gifts, threats and beatings. He killed Goldman, Darden said, “because he got in the way.”

The defense demolished the DNA evidence, arguing that police conspired to fabricate and contaminate evidence. It turned a key exhibit — the bloody glove — into a symbol of official malfeasance. Not only did Simpson’s lawyers allege that the glove found in their client’s yard that matched one found at the crime scene had been planted by a racist cop — Det. Mark Fuhrman, whose derogatory references to African Americans and boasts about manufacturing evidence were exposed in court — but the gloves didn’t even fit when Darden asked Simpson to try them on."*

Of course they didn't fit; they were soaked with blood and had shrunk.

*From the linked article in post #55
Ok, there it is. The DNA was tainted and the gloves didn't fit. Yeah, blood shrank the gloves. Nonsense! The man was innocent. IMHO, he was incredibly stupid and he lived in a bubble of decadence. He felt he was beyond us little people and he didn't realize until, maybe, before he got arrested again in Vegas, how America felt about him. That, "If I did it" book was one of the most boneheaded moves he's ever made. However, sticking to the facts of the case, he was innocent. Now, IMO, I felt he had someone do it. Or a group of people do it. Again, those two were brutally murdered and OJ had physical limitations from his playing days. No way he did it. One superficial cut on his finger after that brutal butchering of Goldman and Nicole. Goldman fought back and just one superficial cut on his finger. I guess I will remain in the minority in my beliefs. Minority meaning a white guy that believes OJ was innocent. I'll stick to my guns.

Old 04-15-2024, 06:18 AM

3,939 posts, read 2,338,527 times
One thing I wanted to add is I followed the majority of the case at the time. The company I was working for made sure of it by having it on in the conference room. What I didn't participate in was the viewing of the verdict. One of my co-workers at the time asked me why I wasn't interested. I was tired of the whole thing and it reminded me of that Nancy Kerrigan saga so I opted out of the verdict viewing.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:32 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,279,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Now, IMO, I felt he had someone do it. Or a group of people do it.
Conspiracy to commit murder and/or accomplice to murder is just as much a crime as murder itself. You can't simultaneously throw this opinion out and then stand on "OJ is innocent."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities