Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2012, 10:59 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Actually, Wimax and the current LTE are indeed, considered 4G. So to answer your first statement... correct, it appears that you don't understand 4G.
Sorry to a slow you down NJworst.

LTE, WiMax Now Officially Not Technically '4G' - Sorry Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/11...ced-as-true-4g.

If you notice in sprint and verizons commercial they dont market lte has 4g anymore. Verizon says they have the largest lte network. In their commercials. When sprints galaxg s3 boots up as well as the evo lte neither say sprint 4g compared to evo or epic phones, it clearly states sprint lte. I have no time to argue with pathetic people like you on this form. Lte advance and wimax2 are and is true 4g. Go camp for an iphone5 and be happy and merry.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 09-16-2012 at 11:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 11:13 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Sorry to a slow you down NJBest.

LTE, WiMax Now Officially Not Technically '4G' - Sorry Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

ITU designates LTE-Advanced as “True 4G” | ExtremeTech.

If you notice in sprint and verizons commercial they dont market lte has 4g anymore. Verizon says they have the largest lte network. In their commercials. When sprints galaxg s3 boots up as well as the evo lte neither say sprint 4g compared to evo or epic phones, it clearly states sprint lte. I have no time to argue with pathetic people like you on this form. Go camp for an iphone5 and be happy and merry.
It's funny how ignorant people like you don't even read the articles they post. From that Extreme Tech article:

"The North American carriers pushed the issue and managed to get the ITU to revise its specification for 4G to include any significantly evolved wireless technology, which allowed HSPA+, WiMAX, and LTE to be marked as 4G technologies. Prior to this, none of those were considered 4G."

This actually occurred in 2010 and was released in ITU's December, 2010 press release. You don't have to agree with the ITU (the people who come up with the 4G specifications), but that's just your stupidity. Like you said, it's not worth your time arguing with me since you'd always be the loser.

Get your facts straight, go read a book or something, and come back with some knowledge. Have fun standing in line for that iPhone 5.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It's funny how ignorant people like you don't even read the articles they post. From that Extreme Tech article:

"The North American carriers pushed the issue and managed to get the ITU to revise its specification for 4G to include any significantly evolved wireless technology, which allowed HSPA+, WiMAX, and LTE to be marked as 4G technologies. Prior to this, none of those were considered 4G."

This actually occurred in 2010 and was released in ITU's December, 2010 press release. You don't have to agree with the ITU (the people who come up with the 4G specifications), but that's just your stupidity. Like you said, it's not worth your time arguing with me since you'd always be the loser.

Get your facts straight, go read a book or something, and come back with some knowledge. Have fun standing in line for that iPhone 5.
I know it was revised you numbnuts by the itu and its umbrella the current standards are considered thanks to spring, verizon and others persuading the itu to consider current speeds evolving. Current standards are 4g but theoretically neither wima or lte can not provide true 4g speeds. Lol me having fun waitinv for an iphone5 wtf do I look like a hipster or something. Im content using my galaxg s3. I will never own an iphone.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:12 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,234,493 times
Hahahaaaaa the new Iphone 5 is such a joke.. It's worst then what i though it would be, shame Apple.

Samsung has absolutely nothing to worry about. Samsung are leaders, innovators and have technological supremacy and prowess..

Old 09-17-2012, 06:32 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,704,014 times
Quote:
I dont understand 4g? This is one of the funniest statements I ever heard on citydata. Yes i understand 4g in matter of fact i havd been using 4g for two years already first with my evo running on wimax and now with the s3 running on sprint lte. Do you know neither wimax or lte is true 4g, real 4g speed is still way off. Wimax and lte is more like 3.5 g. Iphone is a pop culture icon and can be seen through out movies and tv shows to even fashion. The iphone is also a status symbol for many people with money as well as pretentious wanna be urban folks. Some buy iphones because it is cool and its what everyone has. Dont get me wrong the iphone just works, its a phenominal device that help improve peoples lives and also created millionaires from its app store. You need to understand that all good things must come to an end and apple wont dominate forver. Trends and fads change for better or worse. Blackberry was a popular phone and before blackberry it was the motorola razr and plam treo. Primarily i use a cellphone not to loom cool or stupid but just tl make phone calls. All i gotta say for apple iphone is welcome to 2010 interms of specs and you speedy have fun buying a 600 dolla iphone 5 unsubsidized in order not to compromise your verizon unlimited data plan.
4G LTE isn't true 4G? Thank you for just proving my assertion that you don't understand 4G. HSPA+ is what AT&T and T-Mobile used for a while until they were forced to start building LTE networks. HSPA+ is what you could refer to as 3.5G but wasn't a true "4G" network (albeit advertised as so). So yes, 4G LTE is TRUE 4G and is not some supercharged 3G network like HSPA+ was.

And I pre-ordered a subsidized 32GB iPhone because I, unlike some, understand how 4G works and how it doesn't raise data usage unless you use it for such reasons. Using email, browsing the web, checking Twitter, etc does NOT change the data usage whether it be on a 4G LTE network or 3G. Having a quicker network connection can encourage using more data by spending more time on the phone but there's no direct correlation between data usage and 4G.

Quote:
Hahahaaaaa the new Iphone 5 is such a joke.. It's worst then what i though it would be, shame Apple.

Samsung has absolutely nothing to worry about. Samsung are leaders, innovators and have technological supremacy and prowess..
Have to love trolls. Go back under your bridge.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
4G LTE isn't true 4G? Thank you for just proving my assertion that you don't understand 4G. HSPA+ is what AT&T and T-Mobile used for a while until they were forced to start building LTE networks. HSPA+ is what you could refer to as 3.5G but wasn't a true "4G" network (albeit advertised as so). So yes, 4G LTE is TRUE 4G and is not some supercharged 3G network like HSPA+ was.

And I pre-ordered a subsidized 32GB iPhone because I, unlike some, understand how 4G works and how it doesn't raise data usage unless you use it for such reasons. Using email, browsing the web, checking Twitter, etc does NOT change the data usage whether it be on a 4G LTE network or 3G. Having a quicker network connection can encourage using more data by spending more time on the phone but there's no direct correlation between data usage and 4G.

Your the troll.. Who likes to twists facts and figures to have it his own fanboy way..

Go lineup and camp outside your local apple store

Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Your the troll.. Who likes to twists facts and figures to have it his own fanboy way..

Go lineup and camp outside your local apple store
Please explain what facts and figures I have twisted?

Everything I have said, I can back up with proof. If you'd like clarification for anything I've said, please point out my statement and I'll give you credible evidence.

And no, as I said...I pre-ordered the phone.

I currently have an Android phone which I've had for over two years now. I like Android devices which I also have mentioned but I feel the iPhone is a more stable platform. Android may be good for tweakers and customizing but I need something for business usage, not for "fun".

Old 09-17-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Please explain what facts and figures I have twisted?

Everything I have said, I can back up with proof. If you'd like clarification for anything I've said, please point out my statement and I'll give you credible evidence.

And no, as I said...I pre-ordered the phone.

I currently have an Android phone which I've had for over two years now. I like Android devices which I also have mentioned but I feel the iPhone is a more stable platform. Android may be good for tweakers and customizing but I need something for business usage, not for "fun".
From your situation it seem as if your using the 1.5 Cupcake!

There's nothing 'unstable' about the latest Androids, in fact the Galaxy S3 runs faster, smoother and much more fluidic than IOS.. And it's also more practical.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:

Just great another barista drinking, iphone troll. I cant wait till I get jelly bean on my galaxy s 3 next month. Ios visually is outdated. Go back to starbucks and have a heart attack.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Just great another barista drinking, iphone troll. I cant wait till I get jelly bean on my galaxy s 3 next month. Ios visually is outdated. Go back to starbucks and have a heart attack.
I merely pointed out your absurd logic and you respond by "go back to starbucks and have a heart attack". Not only are you incorrect in your rationale but you're also crass and rude.

Obviously it's impossible to have a reasonable discussion with people like you because you can't handle logical explanations about things you don't quite understand. If you understood how 4G LTE worked or how it was designed, you wouldn't make such inaccurate statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones