Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:07 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
I read his comment too and thought "jeez that's a little harsh..."

People, they're only cell phones. No need to wish death upon others.
Yeah you are right, that comment was a little to harsh, and quite pointless. People on here are so defensive about their cell phones due to the fact some cell phones are an extension of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I know... that one is a crack up. LOL.

"Adjective."

LEAKED Official Apple iPhone 5 Promo Video - Keynote 2012 - YouTube

Old 09-17-2012, 03:23 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,154,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
You guys are too funny, no its you guys who are illogical and posting irrelevant topics on this forum. Its impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you, you speedy started first by taking offense to what I said about the iphone. The iphone does not suite me and it never will, but for average Joe schmoes and Janes out there across America the iphone 5 will be the perfect phone for them. Some people dont buy phones for specs or features, some buy phones for functions, ease of use as well as available content which the iphone provides. Dont expect apple to dominate this mobile phone categorie forever. As for me not understanding 4G? I knew about wireless solutions such as Wimax for a few years now. Like I said before for apple iphone users welcome to 2010.
It's funny how you say the iPhone doesn't suit you and that you've indicated that you have an Android phone. .. but in a previous post you suggested that I switch from Android to iPhone by standing in line for one. Talk about hypocrite.

And then on top of that you talk about others posting about irrelevant topics and you're telling people to go to Starbucks and have a heart attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Some people prolly need to shop for meditation apps on (insert location based on platform).
No, this is guy is a real nutcase by wishing death upon people. He needs mental help.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It's funny how you say the iPhone doesn't suit you and that you've indicated that you have an Android phone. .. but in a previous post you suggested that I switch from Android to iPhone by standing in line for one. Talk about hypocrite.

And then on top of that you talk about others posting about irrelevant topics and you're telling people to go to Starbucks and have a heart attack.

No, this is guy is a real nutcase by wishing death upon people. He needs mental help.
I never suggested that you should switch from an Android phone to an iphone, I dont even know what type of phone you own. Stop putting false claims on this forum. I only suggested that you should camp for an iphone and never said anything switching.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:49 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,445,053 times
All I know is that people have been knocking the iPhone as a failure pretty much since the first version, yet it's sales numbers have been record breaking multiple times and Apple's stock prices have grown to an all time high.

Whatever they're doing wrong, they need to keep doing it.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I never suggested that you should switch from an Android phone to an iphone, I dont even know what type of phone you own. Stop putting false claims on this forum. I only suggested that you should camp for an iphone and never said anything switching.
You do know which phone I have because it was discussed in this very thread. Unless you're too shallow to read the threads you participate in or you lack attention to detail, you should know this already. Telling someone with an android phone to camp out for an iphone is suggesting they switch.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
All I know is that people have been knocking the iPhone as a failure pretty much since the first version, yet it's sales numbers have been record breaking multiple times and Apple's stock prices have grown to an all time high.

Whatever they're doing wrong, they need to keep doing it.
I have to agree Apple is doing a good job. Also the iphone is pop culture icon and is popular amongst broad subcultures in America such as Hipsters and Urban Hip Hop Ghetto crowd, feminist and so forth. I wish I had invested in Apple stocks a decade ago. Riding on high times!

Old 09-17-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You do know which phone I have because it was discussed in this very thread. Unless you're too shallow to read the threads you participate in or you lack attention to detail, you should know this already. Telling someone with an android phone to camp out for an iphone is suggesting they switch.
Do I care for what phone you own? No.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Do I care for what phone you own? No.
Yet you make it a point to tell people to get an iPhone and have a heart attack. Like I said, hypocrite.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:01 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,704,014 times
Quote:
You guys are too funny, no its you guys who are illogical and posting irrelevant topics on this forum. Its impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you, you speedy started first by taking offense to what I said about the iphone. The iphone does not suite me and it never will, but for average Joe schmoes and plain Janes out there across America the iphone 5 will be the perfect phone for them. Some people dont buy phones for specs or features, some buy phones for functions, ease of use as well as available content which the iphone provides. The iphone 5 will sell well and sell like hotcakes but will it outsell the iphone 4s or the most popular iphone 4 is yet to be seen. Most of the people that preordered the iphone 5 are Apple Evangelist, Ebayers who are looking to make a profit on reselling an unopened iphone5 and techies. Yesterday I walked passed the flagship Apple store in Midtown Manhattan at least dozen people are camping outside for what Apple is cooking. Dont expect Apple to dominate this mobile phone categorie forever. As for me not understanding 4G? I knew about the next gen wireless solutions such as Wimax for a few years now before it was ever released. Like I said before for Apple iphone users welcome to 2010.
I never took offense to anything, in fact I corrected many false claims and assertions you made. I am merely trying to explain concepts that you don't grasp. I'm trying to have a reasonable conversation but please cite statements of mine that are "illogical" or "irrelevant"...I'd like a chance to correct those or debate them.

And if you're going to make a snide comment such as "iPhone users welcome to 2010", back up this claim. 4G LTE wasn't even offered on phones until late Spring of 2011 and didn't become "mainstreamed" until the Spring of 2012. You're making absurd statements without any supporting evidence, surely you've learned that this type of argumentation never succeeds. If you'd like to have a relevant discussion, be prepared to support your assertions with facts and figures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones