Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:45 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,198,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
4G LTE isn't true 4G? Thank you for just proving my assertion that you don't understand 4G. HSPA+ is what AT&T and T-Mobile used for a while until they were forced to start building LTE networks. HSPA+ is what you could refer to as 3.5G but wasn't a true "4G" network (albeit advertised as so). So yes, 4G LTE is TRUE 4G and is not some supercharged 3G network like HSPA+ was.

And I pre-ordered a subsidized 32GB iPhone because I, unlike some, understand how 4G works and how it doesn't raise data usage unless you use it for such reasons. Using email, browsing the web, checking Twitter, etc does NOT change the data usage whether it be on a 4G LTE network or 3G. Having a quicker network connection can encourage using more data by spending more time on the phone but there's no direct correlation between data usage and 4G.

Have to love trolls. Go back under your bridge.
We've already established that all the aforementioned are, indeed, 4G. Don't get upset over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Your the troll.. Who likes to twists facts and figures to have it his own fanboy way..

Go lineup and camp outside your local apple store
You come off as an Android fanboy...

Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Just great another barista drinking, iphone troll. I cant wait till I get jelly bean on my galaxy s 3 next month. Ios visually is outdated. Go back to starbucks and have a heart attack.
What is "barista drinking"? Run out of logic and had to make up your own stereotype and wish poor health on people. The lack of intelligence you bring to this discussion is amazing.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:33 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,328,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You come off as an Android fanboy...
Do you think?

Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 PM

Yeah... iPhone 5 is struggling.

Apple sells 2 million new phones, sets early order record: Thomson Reuters Business News - MSN Money

Old 09-17-2012, 02:08 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,073,740 times
Quote:
I merely pointed out your absurd logic and you respond by "go back to starbucks and have a heart attack". Not only are you incorrect in your rationale but you're also crass and rude.

Obviously it's impossible to have a reasonable discussion with people like you because you can't handle logical explanations about things you don't quite understand. If you understood how 4G LTE worked or how it was designed, you wouldn't make such inaccurate statements.
I read his comment too and thought "jeez that's a little harsh..."

People, they're only cell phones. No need to wish death upon others.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:23 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,812,518 times
Banned iPhone 5 Promo - YouTube

I watched this video and had a laugh.

Disclaimer: I am not an Apple or Android fanboy.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Banned iPhone 5 Promo - YouTube

I watched this video and had a laugh.

Disclaimer: I am not an Apple or Android fanboy.

I know... that one is a crack up. LOL.

"Adjective."

Old 09-17-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
I read his comment too and thought "jeez that's a little harsh..."

People, they're only cell phones. No need to wish death upon others.
I know, right?

Some people prolly need to shop for meditation apps on (insert location based on platform).

Old 09-17-2012, 03:05 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,083,420 times
Quote:
I merely pointed out your absurd logic and you respond by "go back to starbucks and have a heart attack". Not only are you incorrect in your rationale but you're also crass and rude.

Obviously it's impossible to have a reasonable discussion with people like you because you can't handle logical explanations about things you don't quite understand. If you understood how 4G LTE worked or how it was designed, you wouldn't make such inaccurate statements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
We've already established that all the aforementioned are, indeed, 4G. Don't get upset over it.
You guys are too funny, no its you guys who are illogical and posting irrelevant topics on this forum. Its impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you, you speedy started first by taking offense to what I said about the iphone. The iphone does not suite me and it never will, but for average Joe schmoes and plain Janes out there across America the iphone 5 will be the perfect phone for them. Some people dont buy phones for specs or features, some buy phones for functions, ease of use as well as available content which the iphone provides. The iphone 5 will sell well and sell like hotcakes but will it outsell the iphone 4s or the most popular iphone 4 is yet to be seen. Most of the people that preordered the iphone 5 are Apple Evangelist, Ebayers who are looking to make a profit on reselling an unopened iphone5 and techies. Yesterday I walked passed the flagship Apple store in Midtown Manhattan at least dozen people are camping outside for what Apple is cooking. Dont expect Apple to dominate this mobile phone categorie forever. As for me not understanding 4G? I knew about the next gen wireless solutions such as Wimax for a few years now before it was ever released. Like I said before for Apple iphone users welcome to 2010.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 09-17-2012 at 03:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones