Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 02:12 PM

41 posts, read 55,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Yup, yup...yep.
I agree with this as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 02:18 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,206,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyMet View Post
really dont get your sense of humor....comes off smug and arrogant...
Well, bless your heart. This is why I recommended for your own sake that you return to where ever it is that you come from. They no doubt probably miss your presence in this place and you will be much happier. It's OK, the South isn't for everyone.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Well, bless your heart. This is why I recommended for your own sake that you return to where ever it is that you come from. They no doubt probably miss your presence in this place and you will be much happier. It's OK, the South isn't for everyone.
My point exactly....the passive aggressiveness once more...perfect example of exactly what I am talking about.. Thanks!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:36 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Passive - aggressiveness is a predominant trait down here. They seem to prefer it to honesty! ok,maybe that honesty is a bit -in-your-face and sometimes somewhat confrontational, but, at least you know where you stand.

Reason number _______ for staying to yourself and not being friendly. Much less work at trying to figure out what people mean when they say something. Personally, I find it exhausting!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:38 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,206,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyMet View Post
My point exactly....the passive aggressiveness once more...perfect example of exactly what I am talking about.. Thanks!
I also said earlier its the actions that count, not the words. As in I'm not the one complaining about an empty social diary, not being able to get anyone to date, and what was it you said again.... oh yeah,
"...I have had run ins with southerners sizing me up...guys come on, I am 6 foot 2 and 241 with plenty of life experience, the last thing anyone wants is there ass handed to them. "

I suppose the reader will have to decide for themselves, but I'm thinking it's not the Southerners, transplants, bug eyed martians, and anyone else making a home here that has the issue. Take my advice, find a place where someone of your character is appreciated and move there. The South isn't it. This topic is titled "Straight Answers" and that is about as straight as it gets. (in a nice sort of way)

Old 07-11-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I also said earlier its the actions that count, not the words. As in I'm not the one complaining about an empty social diary, not being able to get anyone to date, and what was it you said again.... oh yeah,
"...I have had run ins with southerners sizing me up...guys come on, I am 6 foot 2 and 241 with plenty of life experience, the last thing anyone wants is there ass handed to them. "

I suppose the reader will have to decide for themselves, but I'm thinking it's not the Southerners, transplants, bug eyed martians, and anyone else making a home here that has the issue. Take my advice, find a place where someone of your character is appreciated and move there. The South isn't it. This topic is titled "Straight Answers" and that is about as straight as it gets. (in a nice sort of way)
Again, my point..... passive aggressiveness....keep it coming!

Old 07-11-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:

I am not complaining...just stated a few facts...look it up on forbes.com

OK...now Ill type slowly so you can understand honey! This means that I do not want to fight! Not worth it....No one, I mean "no one" including me wants to have their ass handed to them! I actually spent 16 years of my life also assessing situations and protecting the public from themselves..did I mention that...didn't think I needed to.

as far as actions...your passive aggressiveness through your words has proven my point 10 fold! Thanks!

Last edited by NyMet; 07-11-2010 at 03:17 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Passive - aggressiveness is a predominant trait down here. They seem to prefer it to honesty! ok,maybe that honesty is a bit -in-your-face and sometimes somewhat confrontational, but, at least you know where you stand.

Reason number _______ for staying to yourself and not being friendly. Much less work at trying to figure out what people mean when they say something. Personally, I find it exhausting!
Im feeling the same way!

Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Well, bless your heart..
That's an insult and I'm sure he knows it is.

That's not a "Straight Answer" or a friendly and honest response. In fact, that very well represents what he was talking about.

Well done

Old 07-11-2010, 03:39 PM

747 posts, read 2,104,619 times
Wow, the poor OP must be looking elsewhere to move to if she has been reading these posts (she hasnt posted since the opening post). I have been reading the posts, but wish the 3 or 4 of you could get over it and move on, its getting boring reading you quote each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte