Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 05:11 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Don't put words in my writing. My answer is I don't know! Take it for what it is.
Since you can't produce any evidence, I will in fact take your response for what it really is: "No." A more elaborate reading would be "no, but I wish there was because that would validate my suspicions on the matter." But "no" cuts to the chase so much quicker.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:31 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,757,067 times
The information is very relevant to anyone considering a move to Chicago. Very intriguing as well.

If anything, it highlights the "rules are rules so don't you ever dare question the rules!" mentality the midwest is known for.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:47 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
The information is very relevant to anyone considering a move to Chicago. Very intriguing as well.

If anything, it highlights the "rules are rules so don't you ever dare question the rules!" mentality the midwest is known for.
They didn't "question" the rules. They broke them. And not for some righteous cause either -- they broke them to gain a competitive advantage in a kid's baseball tournament.

I'd like to think fair play and an aversion to cheating is still a common value shared across the country and not just the Midwest. However, if it is common only to the Midwest any more, then I'm glad I live here and anyone who doesn't share those values can stay the fk out.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:13 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
They didn't "question" the rules. They broke them. And not for some righteous cause either -- they broke them to gain a competitive advantage in a kid's baseball tournament.

I'd like to think fair play and an aversion to cheating is still a common value shared across the country and not just the Midwest. However, if it is common only to the Midwest any more, then I'm glad I live here and anyone who doesn't share those values can stay the fk out.
You need to dismount from your high horse. This is Chicago, a place where fairness counts for nothing. lol

Old 02-13-2015, 06:14 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
Well now what about the team in Las Vegas that now should get the trophy. Why should they suffer because the chicago team cheated? it may be that the leaders of the chicago team cheated and the kids were a tool, but still thats the punishment for the crime. the leaders of the chicago team cheated and now the whole team goes down.

if the leaders/coaches cared so much for the chicago kids on the team, they would not have cheated. so if their own leaders did not care, well whats that saying to us.

if it is found that the leaders/coaches or whomever cheated, they deserve the lose the trophy. Give it to the team who won fair and square.

then, begin again, chicago team. with a new manager but first root out anyone who cheated, whether they be managers, coaches, or players or parents.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:38 PM

867 posts, read 1,372,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Now you know how white (and non-race baiting black people) feel everything Jesse or Rev Al opens their pie hole.
We feel the same way when whites accuse us of allowing Jesse or Al to lead us.

Old 02-14-2015, 05:49 AM

16,282 posts, read 10,421,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
Excellent point.

Since you seem to be bit more level headed then the other poster would you care to share your opinion on our discussion? Do you see any reason why race would be in play as LL investigated the Chicago team? Do you think they are being unfairly singled out?

Old 02-14-2015, 08:47 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
Thank God, you're not a blind sheep It is refreshing to read your post.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:25 AM

IMO it sounds as if JRW (the adults) cheated! I feel bad for the kids that worked hard but, I'm sure plenty of scouts saw what they needed to see to make their futures brighter.

The guy from Evergreen Park will come off as a sore loser for turning them in but, his reasons were valid and the adults running JRW made it easy for him.

Nobody likes to see a win get taken away so I can see the frustration (especially within the black community where we often feel as if we are targeted or held back intentionally).

Old 02-14-2015, 11:41 AM

Make no mistakes!

I am proud of what those kids accomplished and the way they united the city for at least a short bit of time.

It's unfortunate, but losing their title months later makes you realize how that short bit of time is now over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago