Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 07:31 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
What did OJ have to do with this?
My point was that a lot of black people didn't care whether OJ was innocent or guilty, all they cared is whether he was black.

It's similar to the JRW situation. In a lot of peoples eyes, it doesn't matter that the coaches cheated, that's secondary. What matters is their skin color.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
That was an incredibly long-winded way of saying "no."

Exactly.

What people 'hear' can be really far from the truth.

And, what someone 'hears' usually can't be backed up by facts. Kind of like when someone says "I read it on the internet".

Old 02-13-2015, 07:33 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I don't know. I've always heard that parents and coaches falsify age just to get the team the upper hand. I know there was an issues when I was growing up and the same issues are being brought up now. So we can't rule that out and think that everyone is squeaky clean. All of a sudden there is an issue when there is a championship.

Wrong is wrong regardless of what happens. Do what's right and there won't be problems.

There definitely needs to be detailed investigation before the team gives up their championship. I don't believe Little League Baseball is racist! There seems to be someone who is not happy about their win. I've heard there was a Black team who jumped on the case against the team. Is it all about race? No. Is there a racist element or motive? I don't know but there is a possibility. Is this bringing racists out of the closet and raging up racists media? Definitely!
Anyone that would come up with a fake birth cert just so their kid could play LL is just an old fashioned idiot. LL has required 3 forms of id for as long as I can remember.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:34 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
This is another example of racism against whites. They had been cheating for years and no one turned them in because of fears of being accused of being racist. Then the white coach who turned them in has to change his number because he was receiving death threats! That's is racism! If a black person received death threats there would be riots and protests. He was accused of racism yet is married to a black woman!!! They basically are saying they are exempt from the rules and punishment because they are black, BS. The race card has been overused, predicatable, and worn out.
Everytime I hear a white person cry about racism I want to puke.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:36 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Every time I hear someone say there are no black racists, I want to projectile vomit.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Now you know how white (and non-race baiting black people) feel everything Jesse or Rev Al opens their pie hole.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:42 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may be, it's happened before), but the coach from Evergreen Park who seems to have been the catalyst for most of the investigations into JRW players, is married to a black woman?

If true, the whole 'racist' angle sort of gets debunked.
Not true. Just because he has a Black wife doesn't mean that he is not racist.

I knew a Black guy who dated a White lady and hated White men. Just because the coach from Evergreen Park has a Black wife doesn't mean that he isn't racist. I don't know if he has a racial motive before I learned he has a Black wife. He could be angry or feel inadequate as a coach because JRW beat the socks off his team with no racial bias involved. I have to wait until I get the factual stuff to make a judgment. Information in the news and social media is garbage.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:44 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
O please don't paraphrase my thoughts. I know teams who have cheated over the years with age and location. It was common. The issue has been brought up in the JRW situation. It does need to be looked into.
Your entire position seems to be the AA team was looked at more closely than the white teams so that is racist. This is nonsense, the white Georgia team example is a good one. And again there was a smoking gun in the case of the Chicago team in the form of the parents who gave away the dirty little secret. There was no smoking gun for the other teams so there was no reason to conduct an investigation

Old 02-13-2015, 07:47 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Now you know how white (and non-race baiting black people) feel everything Jesse or Rev Al opens their pie hole.

Whites created the market for the Jesse's and Al's of the world with their insane hatred and prejudice for black people. It's your own fault. When your living it up on 'white privilege' there's no reason to complain about anything race-related.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:53 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Your entire position seems to be the AA team was looked at more closely than the white teams so that is racist.
Dave this is my last time addressing you and your situation with me pulling the race card. I can't say it was racist. I do believe there is that possibility. I don't know the coach from Evergreen Park and don't have enough information about the situation to come to that conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago