Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 05:16 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,980,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
This is another example of racism against whites. They had been cheating for years and no one turned them in because of fears of being accused of being racist. Then the white coach who turned them in has to change his number because he was receiving death threats! That's is racism! If a black person received death threats there would be riots and protests. He was accused of racism yet is married to a black woman!!! They basically are saying they are exempt from the rules and punishment because they are black, BS. The race card has been overused, predicatable, and worn out.
Blacks have never rioted and protest over death threats. Back mayors and President receive hate mail and death threats everyday. There has never been a riot.

The reason why racism is being thrown into the picture is because some of the White teams have done the same thing if not worse to have the upper hand and never been called out on it.

If you enforce the rules for one your enforce it for all. The legal team is investigating the issue and the team has not given up their championship yet. They found out through the media not through the league. This has the potential to be messy.

Last edited by mjtinmemphis; 02-13-2015 at 06:34 AM..

Old 02-13-2015, 06:33 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,225,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
The reason why racism is being thrown into the picture is because some of the White teams have done the same thing if not worse to have the upper hand and never been called out on it.
Is there any actual evidence of this?

Old 02-13-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Is there any actual evidence of this?
I don't know. I've always heard that parents and coaches falsify age just to get the team the upper hand. I know there was an issues when I was growing up and the same issues are being brought up now. So we can't rule that out and think that everyone is squeaky clean. All of a sudden there is an issue when there is a championship.

Wrong is wrong regardless of what happens. Do what's right and there won't be problems.

There definitely needs to be detailed investigation before the team gives up their championship. I don't believe Little League Baseball is racist! There seems to be someone who is not happy about their win. I've heard there was a Black team who jumped on the case against the team. Is it all about race? No. Is there a racist element or motive? I don't know but there is a possibility. Is this bringing racists out of the closet and raging up racists media? Definitely!

Old 02-13-2015, 07:17 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
That was an incredibly long-winded way of saying "no."

Old 02-13-2015, 07:17 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times
Quote:
I don't know. I've always heard that parents and coaches falsify age just to get the team the upper hand. I know there was an issues when I was growing up and the same issues are being brought up now. So we can't rule that out and think that everyone is squeaky clean. All of a sudden there is an issue when there is a championship.

Wrong is wrong regardless of what happens. Do what's right and there won't be problems.

There definitely needs to be detailed investigation before the team gives up their championship. I don't believe Little League Baseball is racist! There seems to be someone who is not happy about their win. I've heard there was a Black team who jumped on the case against the team. Is it all about race? No. Is there a racist element or motive? I don't know but there is a possibility. Is this bringing racists out of the closet and raging up racists media? Definitely!
So in other words you are claiming that other teams need to be checked further for cheating but have reason what so ever for those other teams to go through the same scrutiny as the Chicago team? Awesome.

This entire thing disgusts me. As a poster on the previous page pointed out we have a team that cheated. Instead of focusing on that we have people now claiming the charge was based on race, not the fact that THEY CHEATED. Disgusts me to no end

Adults using children to cheat other children is about as low as it gets. Now you actually have people throwing death threats at the guy who simply wanted a level playing field. Again there was no reason to look further into the other teams because there was no evidence of any wrong doing. When you have parents of the Chicago team laughing and saying they don't live in the city, well there's the reason. I should not have to explain this.

People stomping their feet and crying racism when things go wrong for AAs are simply making the problem worse. You can't just throw out that word every time something goes wrong for an AA. It dilutes the power of the word when it is actually applicable and it causes push back and raises tensions from people who understand that race has nothing to do with anything here. Those people have turned this into a racist issue and now that is where we find ourselves and it should have never been an issue about race. All you are doing is raising racial tensions in this country when you do that and it needs to stop.

Did someone really just ask "who's OJ"?????

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 02-13-2015 at 07:36 AM..

Old 02-13-2015, 07:18 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,225,988 times
Quote:

Teams that win are often looked at more closely than teams that lose. Nobody cares about the losers and nobody wants to see a cheater win. This seems like a pretty clear cut case of cheating, the league changed their boundaries to take good players from other area leagues without getting their permission to do so. There was a white team from the Atlanta area who was stripped of the Georgia state championship last year because of an ineligible player.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
That was an incredibly long-winded way of saying "no."
Don't put words in my writing. My answer is I don't know! Take it for what it is.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:25 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,873 times
Quote:
You are missing my point drover. The question is if all teams are being scrutinized the same. Many who have a history with the league don't think so. That's where the racism thing that you hate so much gets thrown into the picture. It's a simple question that some don't want to answer or they don't care to answer.
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may be, it's happened before), but the coach from Evergreen Park who seems to have been the catalyst for most of the investigations into JRW players, is married to a black woman?

If true, the whole 'racist' angle sort of gets debunked.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:27 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,873 times
Quote:
That's the issue. How do you know they didn't? I find it hard to believe that the league is as clean as some think. Like I wrote, lets make sure the scrutiny is applied to everyone.
I think if any league where stacking their teams with kids outside the district, that's a pretty big secret to keep among a lot of people.

You don't think coaches/parents from other leagues are going to raise hell if that starts happening?

Face it. The JRW coaches tried to cheat, got caught and have paid the price. Not because they're black, but because they were wrong.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
So in other words you are claiming that other teams have cheated and have no basis what so ever for this claim. Awesome.
O please don't paraphrase my thoughts. I know teams who have cheated over the years with age and location. It was common. The issue has been brought up in the JRW situation. It does need to be looked into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago