Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,769,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presby View Post
All must understand that there is a distinct difference between life and after death. In the context of the scriptures, faith is applicable only before death.
Wrong, the scriptures teach that Faith hope and love will remain even after God is all in all.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Faith will always remain, and there is never a time when faith is not applicable. If you will maintain that faith is only applicable before death, then please quote the scripture that says as much?

Quote:
When the unbeliever meets the Lord Jesus in His FULL POWER at the GWT, the Lord will open unbeliever’s eyes. This is term as SIGHT. Faith is no more in application.
So you are saying Paul and Thomas never had faith because they saw before they believed? AS well as all the apostles who walked with Christ and saw his miracles and witnessed his resurrection first hand? If that is the case then the apostles never pleased God(they were of little faith, Mat 8:26).

Quote:
The unbeliever would have thus knelt and confessed by himself ALONE (without the Holy Spirit) that Jesus Christ is the Lord by SIGHT. This does not please the Lord God because it is not done by faith. If the Lord is not pleased, He cannot give gifts of forgiveness or save the unbeliever.
Wrong, the scriptures say that no one can confess that Christ is lord without the holy spirit.

1Cr 12:3
Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit

Quote:
Thus the unbeliever must die the second death at the Lake of Fire. For the wages of sin is death.
In Christ all are made alive, the second death is not the end, or else Christ will not have defeated death throughout all creation, instead, death would defeat Christ power to save, plain and simple. You and all those who teach the traditions of men teach that the power of death defeats Christ work on the cross and the power of his work to save. This is a lie from Satan.
Quote:
Sinners cannot worship and praise God because the Lord does not allow them into His presence.
Wrong again, as we see in the parable of the publican and the pharisee ...

The publican is a sinner who is worshiping afar from the temple begging for mercy, and Christ say he went home justified. And Jesus is God, and Jesus was in the presence of Sin during his entire sojourn on earth. Jesus not only allowed sinners into his presence, he protected them from the punishments of the old law, as was evidenced by his protecting the adulterous woman who was about to be stoned as was the custom of the law.

Quote:
Psalm 1:5 - Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
Of course not, the ungoldy will fall before Christ and swear allegiance. They will not stand before him in Judgment, they will kneel before him. And a sinner is not righteous obviously, as no man is righteous and all are sinners and all have fallen short, so that is why it was necessary that Christ should die in order to save sinners from condemnation under the law. He was the propitiation for our sin, and not ours only(believers) but also for the whole world(unbelievers).

No one has ever seen God in His full power face to face.

Quote:
Exodus 33:20 - And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
God was speaking to Moses who wanted to see the face of God, so are you saying Moses is not saved?
Quote:

John 1:18 - No man has seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

1 Tim 6:16 - Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
Correct, because when we see Christ we see the father, because the father is invisible.

Col 1:14-15
giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

shalom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 10:31 AM

33,305 posts, read 26,506,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Irrelevant and hypocritical. First you mangled scripture in your thread title and then claim that a verse summarizing what I said because of the Verse itself is personalizing something because it didn't contain the "exact phrase" when the all the words I used can be found in scripture supporting my beliefs. You cannot say that about your sloppy hack job of "explaining" what scripture "means".
It is my personal slogan to tell unbelievers that it is Trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord? You will try to assert that Confessing Jesus as Lord does not Save a sinner When that IS what Jesus does.

The only other perspective is actually against your doctrine too and that is that JESUS has already SAVED EVERYONE and it is just a matter of time before EVERYONE believes it.

Fact is, it IS ALWAYS Trustworthy to confess Jesus as LORD and your miserable doctrines cannot change that and I for one will never doubt it and this wolf in sheeps clothing will never sway me from that assurance.

Of all the ridiculous nonsense in Christianity this has got to take the cake folks, a professing Christian trying to tell me that Confessing Jesus as Lord is not something to share with unbelievers.

Shame shame
What I said is clearly stated in post #296 for all to see. And what I said is not what you would have others believe. People can simply refer back to the post.

And again, you are incorrectly using 1 Tim 1:15 to promote universalism. You are in serious error. And also again, your personalized slogan is grammatically incorrect.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:40 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,952,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
What I said is clearly stated in post #296 for all to see. And what I said is not what you would have others believe. People can simply refer back to the post.

And again, you are incorrectly using 1 Tim 1:15 to promote universalism. You are in serious error. And also again, your personalized slogan is grammatically incorrect.

It does not matter what post you refer to, you are arguing that my belief that it is always trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord is actually untrustworthy and your lame attempts at making this about me doesn't change anything and I will prove it.

I have not mentioned Universalism, in fact I here by renounce that I am a Universalist, I shed the label like a bad habit.

I hereby proclaim that it is always Trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord, I do not need to promote universalism and in this entire thread have not promoted universalism so your argument is moot and insignificant.

If you believe it is always trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord then we are in agreement. If you believe that I am leading people astray by telling them it is always trustworthy to confess Jesus as Lord, we are in disagreement but I will rest upon JESUS CHRIST and this man of sham will not persuade me to believe his man centered ideologies.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
It does not matter what post you refer to, you are arguing that my belief that it is always trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord is actually untrustworthy and your lame attempts at making this about me doesn't change anything and I will prove it.
Your statement is both grammatically and Scripturally in error.

Nor, again, have I made this about you. I am simply telling you that you are in error.

Quote:
I have not mentioned Universalism, in fact I here by renounce that I am a Universalist, I shed the label like a bad habit.

I hereby proclaim that it is always Trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord, I do not need to promote universalism and in this entire thread have not promoted universalism so your argument is moot and insignificant.
You deny that you are a universalist, yet you made the following statement in post #298 which is clearly universalism.

''The only other perspective is actually against your doctrine too and that is that JESUS has already SAVED EVERYONE and it is just a matter of time before EVERYONE believes it.''

In saying that Jesus has saved everyone and that everyone will believe it, you have just made it clear that you are a universalist.

Quote:
If you believe it is always trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord then we are in agreement. If you believe that I am leading people astray by telling them it is always trustworthy to confess Jesus as Lord, we are in disagreement but I will rest upon JESUS CHRIST and this man of sham will not persuade me to believe his man centered ideologies.

Again, the statement that 'it is trustworthy to confess Jesus as Lord' is grammatically incorrect as well as Scripturally incorrect. You are saying that confessing is worthy of trust. Your statement makes confessing the object, or perhaps that should be subject, of trust. But it is the object of Faith (not the act of confessing, but FAITH) which is trustworthy. The object of faith is Jesus Christ. It is Jesus Christ who is trustworthy. And with regard to 1Tim 1:15, it is the statement which is trustworthy.

Confessing Jesus as Lord is not trustworthy. The merit is not in the faith but in the object of faith which is Jesus Christ.

And by the way, Confessing doesn't necessarily imply faith. Faith involves placing your trust, your confidence in Christ. Not in making a confession of faith.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:45 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,440,788 times
Ironmaw,

Turn to me....an be saved.

Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye [that are] escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god [that] cannot save.

YE - Israel, that are escaped, the fugitives, dispersed of the nations.

You have been corrected again. Take off the blinders.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:

You deny that you are a universalist, yet you made the following statement in post #298 which is clearly universalism.

''The only other perspective is actually against your doctrine too and that is that JESUS has already SAVED EVERYONE and it is just a matter of time before EVERYONE believes it.''

In saying that Jesus has saved everyone and that everyone will believe it, you have just made it clear that you are a universalist.

Again it is irrelevant that you make this about me, and your obvious attempt doing so has failed.

JESUS is TRUSTWORTHY no matter what you say or think about me, whether what you say about me is true or false.

JESUS is TRUSTWORTHY no matter what label I profess to have or do not have.

You simply fail at trying to dodge the fact that I believe it is always trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord and your false doctrines will not sway me to rely on anything but God and Jesus Christ.

But you can keep trying to pull the wool over my eyes and it will not work.

You should be ashamed of yourself, trying to cause me as a professing believer to doubt the power of Christ. Such nonsense. Such ridiculous nonsense to place your religious perspective and criteria over the power of Christ, shame shame on you.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Again it is irrelevant that you make this about me, and your obvious attempt doing so has failed.

JESUS is TRUSTWORTHY no matter what you say or think about me, whether what you say about me is true or false.

JESUS is TRUSTWORTHY no matter what label I profess to have or do not have.

You simply fail at trying to dodge the fact that I believe it is always trustworthy to Confess Jesus as Lord and your false doctrines will not sway me to rely on anything but God and Jesus Christ.

But you can keep trying to pull the wool over my eyes and it will not work.

You should be ashamed of yourself, trying to cause me as a professing believer to doubt the power of Christ. Such nonsense. Such ridiculous nonsense to place your religious perspective and criteria over the power of Christ, shame shame on you.
Fella, I can only conclude that you have comprehension difficulties. You seem unable to understand plain English. And I will spend no more time on this. Readers are free to refer back to posts #296 and 304 as to what I said.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:19 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,440,788 times
Quote:
Fella, I can only conclude that you have comprehension difficulties. You seem unable to understand plain English. And I will spend no more time on this. Readers are free to refer back to posts #296 and 304 as to what I said.
I am surprised you lasted this long.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I am surprised you lasted this long.
I gave it a try. That's all I can do. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:

My comprehension issues has nothing to do with it being Trustworthy to confess Jesus as Lord.

That is like saying if someone doesn't understand that you believe God is real, then their difficulty in understanding that must imply that God isn't real.

You will spend no more time on this? Is that actually supposed to mean anything significant at all? No,. it really doesn't because the AMOUNT of time you spend on something doesn't change that Confessing Jesus as Lord is ALWAYS Trustworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity