Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:15 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Not at all. I would never suggest that it's better to be an agnostic than to be a Christian. But whenever a person says he's no longer a fundamentalist Christian, that's one fewer people telling me I don't worship the "real Christ." I just wonder if the people who are always telling me that have ever stopped to consider how it comes across.
If you believe that Jesus Christ is the spirit brother of Satan, then you do NOT believe in the Jesus Christ of the Bible. But rather, if the above is true, you have believed in a false Jesus who does not exist and cannot save.

Jesus Christ is God. The Second Person of the Godhead. He is co-equal and co-eternal with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:37 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you believe that Jesus Christ is the spirit brother of Satan, then you do NOT believe in the Jesus Christ of the Bible. But rather, if the above is true, you have believed in a false Jesus who does not exist and cannot save.

Jesus Christ is God. The Second Person of the Godhead. He is co-equal and co-eternal with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.
All of the sons of God are brothers. Prior to Lucifer's being cast out of Heaven for rebellion, he was one of God's children and a brother to Jesus Christ, God's Only Begotten. From the moment he was cast out, he became permanently estranged from God, was disowned by Him and lost the right to ever again be called one of God's children. Lucifier's rebellion was a reflection on him and him alone. It had absolutely no bearing on Jesus Christ's role as our Savior and Redeemer.

Now, would you mind if we were to get back on topic? I believe the subject of this thread is whether or not the Bible is inspired and I'm sure ancient warrior would not appreciate your attempt to derail it.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:17 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
All of the sons of God are brothers. Prior to Lucifer's being cast out of Heaven for rebellion, he was one of God's children and a brother to Jesus Christ, God's Only Begotten. From the moment he was cast out, he became permanently estranged from God, was disowned by Him and lost the right to ever again be called one of God's children. Lucifier's rebellion was a reflection on him and him alone. It had absolutely no bearing on Jesus Christ's role as our Savior and Redeemer.

Now, would you mind if we were to get back on topic? I believe the subject of this thread is whether or not the Bible is inspired and I'm sure ancient warrior would not appreciate your attempt to derail it.
It was not my intention to derail the thread. It was you who brought up the matter (I mean about worshiping the real Jesus) and I replied to it. And you are wrong about Jesus being the spirit brother of Satan. But we can leave that for another thread.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It was not my intention to derail the thread. It was you who brought up the matter (I mean about worshiping the real Jesus) and I replied to it. And you are wrong about Jesus being the spirit brother of Satan. But we can leave that for another thread.
Well, since the Bible is silent on the matter, I would expect it to be an interesting discussion to say the least.

Last edited by Katzpur; 09-06-2010 at 04:59 PM..

Old 09-06-2010, 05:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
But whenever a person says he's no longer a fundamentalist Christian, that's one fewer people telling me I don't worship the "real Christ."
And whenever a person say's she is no longer a Mormon, that's one fewer people telling me I don't worship the "real Christ".

Quote:
I just wonder if the people who are always telling me that have ever stopped to consider how it comes across.
I can tell you ... that we are not interested with finding favor with man, but with God. Hopefully other readers will come to know that those who do not stay within the Bible, that they're rejecting God:
"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith andfollow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons." 1 Timothy 4:1

What message will people abandon:

Romans 3:28
"For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law."

That is why Mike says: "you do NOT believe in the Jesus Christ of the Bible. But rather you have believed in a false Jesus who does not exist and cannot save."

Romans 3:28 ... is divinely inspired and revealed

Old 09-06-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And whenever a person say's she is no longer a Mormon, that one fewer people telling me I don't worship the "real Christ".
Mormons don't tell people that because we don't believe that. We believe that your understanding of who He is differs some from ours, but we would never, ever tell anyone who claimed to worship Jesus Christ that He wasn't the "real" one. It's just something we don't do. Ever.

Quote:
I can tell you ... that we are not interested with finding favor with man, but with God.
Then I suggest you start behaving like a follower of Jesus Christ should behave.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:52 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Mormons don't tell people that because we don't believe that. We believe that your understanding of who He is differs some from ours, but we would never, ever tell anyone who claimed to worship Jesus Christ that He wasn't the "real" one. It's just something we don't do. Ever.
Are you sure that you can claim that for 18,000,000 people .... I can quote some Mormons who said that to me personally...and I don't think they were jack Mormons or apostates.

Quote:
Then I suggest you start behaving like a follower of Jesus Christ should behave.
I am.
Ephesians 5:11
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Are you sure that you can claim that for 18,000,000 people .... I can quote some Mormons who said that to me personally...and I don't think they were jack Mormons or apostates.
Go right ahead and quote them. I flat out don't believe you.

Quote:
Ephesians 5:11
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
The "deeds of darkness"? Oh, brother. Turn up the spooky music, will ya? That's too funny.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:20 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Not at all. I would never suggest that it's better to be an agnostic than to be a Christian. But whenever a person says he's no longer a fundamentalist Christian, that's one fewer people telling me I don't worship the "real Christ." I just wonder if the people who are always telling me that have ever stopped to consider how it comes across.
That's kinda selfish isn't it? Glad that somebody is lost so one less person is harassing you about your beliefs?

Old 09-06-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
That's kinda selfish isn't it? Glad that somebody is lost so one less person is harassing you about your beliefs?
Don't put words in my mouth. For starters, I never said that. I specifically said otherwise. My exact words were: "I would never suggest that it's better to be an agnostic than to be a Christian." Secondly, I don't write people off as "lost" the way a lot of Christians do, even the ones who tell me I'm headed straight for Hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity