Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 06:35 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Don't put words in my mouth. For starters, I never said that. I specifically said otherwise. My exact words were: "I would never suggest that it's better to be an agnostic than to be a Christian." Secondly, I don't write people off as "lost" the way a lot of Christians do. It's not over till it's over, and I'll leave the writing people off as "lost" to God.
Ok then. Meow.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:36 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Ok then. Meow.
I like dogs, too. I have two of them.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:00 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I like dogs, too. I have two of them.
I have two as well. One of them pooped in the house today so I'm not exactly thrilled w/ them atm.

Sorry if I insulted you, that wasn't my intention.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:07 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I have two as well. One of them pooped in the house today so I'm not exactly thrilled w/ them atm.

Sorry if I insulted you, that wasn't my intention.
Don't think a thing of it. I am extra forgiving of animal people.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Actually the bible was not of divine origin but simply a compilation of the passed down tales of the various people.
Some of the other Holy books are to be from divine sources. The Gita ,Vedas and so forth.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:40 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
And whenever a person say's she is no longer a Mormon, that's one fewer people telling me I don't worship the "real Christ".

I can tell you ... that we are not interested with finding favor with man, but with God. Hopefully other readers will come to know that those who do not stay within the Bible, that they're rejecting God:
"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith andfollow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons." 1 Timothy 4:1

What message will people abandon:

Romans 3:28
"For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law."

That is why Mike says: "you do NOT believe in the Jesus Christ of the Bible. But rather you have believed in a false Jesus who does not exist and cannot save."

Romans 3:28 ... is divinely inspired and revealed

Give us the rest of the passage, Twin.

I wonder why NOBODY in the Christian community let folks know what Timothy was speaking about when they say "doctrines of demons."

The doctrines of demons is a RELIGIOUS SPIRIT pretending to be the light. It takes away the joy and freedom given to those in Christ and locks them back into the system, mostly for political (beastly) reasons.

I Timothy 4:3. They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.

WOW!!!! Stopping people from eating certain foods and marrying is a demonic doctrine.

YES!

Old 09-07-2010, 12:54 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
Current thinking is that Hebrew folklore began to be collected and the Bible began to be written about 922 BC. This would be long after the death of Moses.
Actually it's closer to 700-600 BC and we all KNOW Moses didn't write a darn thing in the bible or anwhere else for that matter.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:16 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Give us the rest of the passage, Twin.

I wonder why NOBODY in the Christian community let folks know what Timothy was speaking about when they say "doctrines of demons."

The doctrines of demons is a RELIGIOUS SPIRIT pretending to be the light. It takes away the joy and freedom given to those in Christ and locks them back into the system, mostly for political (beastly) reasons.

I Timothy 4:3. They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.

WOW!!!! Stopping people from eating certain foods and marrying is a demonic doctrine.

YES!
I was but now I'm glad I didn't if you conclude that marriage and abstaining from certian foods are political references.... carry on.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:50 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,722,248 times
No. There are a number of prophecies never fulfilled by Jesus or any of the other messiah candidate. For example, the Jews have not yet been gathered back ro the land of Israel (Is 43), universal peace hasn't been established (Is 2:4), God didn't become king over the whole world (Zec 14.9), and a messiah has never sat of the throne of Israel.

>>There is no such thing as a messiah candidate. There is but one Messiah, and that is Jesus Christ. <<

RESPONSE:

On the contrary. Even Acts of the Apostles, chapter 5, mentions a few.

35Then he said to them, ‘Fellow-Israelites,* consider carefully what you propose to do to these men. 36For some time ago Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody, and a number of men, about four hundred, joined him; but he was killed, and all who followed him were dispersed and disappeared. 37After him Judas the Galilean rose up at the time of the census and got people to follow him; he also perished, and all who followed him were scattered."

Old 09-08-2010, 06:55 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,722,248 times
>>The Jews are partially gathered back in the land in a state of unbelief. They will be fully gathered back into the land in a state of belief when Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation. I already stated this in the other post. I referred to the prophecies which have been fulfilled. There remain many more to be fulfilled upon Christs return. <<

RESPONSE:

Ah yes. The old explanation that although Jesus didn't fulfill all the prophecies of the messiah, he'll do that during the second coming. (That's a safe claim to make since it can't be proven or disproven).

Jesus claimed that he would return during the lifetime of his immediate followers. But, in fact, he didn't.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity