Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:59 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
>>The Jews are partially gathered back in the land in a state of unbelief. They will be fully gathered back into the land in a state of belief when Jesus returns at the end of the Tribulation. I already stated this in the other post. I referred to the prophecies which have been fulfilled. There remain many more to be fulfilled upon Christs return. <<

RESPONSE:

Ah yes. The old explanation that although Jesus didn't fulfill all the prophecies of the messiah, he'll do that during the second coming. (That's a safe claim to make since it can't be proven or disproven).

Jesus claimed that he would return during the lifetime of his immediate followers. But, in fact, he didn't.

The simple fact is the Hebrew bible (OT) Messiah will accomplish certain things and ALL during his lifetime....there is no such thing as a "second coming" in regards to Messiah of the Jews...that is FACT and the very reason why Jesus is REJECTED AS MESSIAH because he did not fulfill any Messianic prophecy.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Thanks Robin! The Bible is the divine absolute norm and standard for truth. It is God's complete message to man perfectly recorded in the original languages of Scripture.
Hmmmm....the ancient Sumerians, the Ugaritic texts and the Egyptian book of the Dead, as well as many others tell us that God spoke to them first and at times they were given the exact same stories that can be found in the bible almost word for word....go figure.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:10 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Thanks Robin! The Bible is the divine absolute norm and standard for truth. It is God's complete message to man perfectly recorded in the original languages of Scripture.
The original languages of the bible is written mostly in Hebrew mixed in with a little Aramaic. Many translations of the ancient Hebrew text were not done correctly. Here is an example of this in Genesis.

Genesis 1: 26
Quote:
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Here, God (singular) makes a statement in the plural form. Modern day Christians believe this is reference to the "Holy Trinity". WRONG!!!

In the original Hebrew bible, the word "God" is Elohim. Elohim is the plural form of the word Eloah (meaning God). In fact, every reference to "God" in the original Hebrew bible speaks of a plural God (Elohim). Few American Christians know that their faith in a single deity is a result of a bad translation into Old English (one of MANY bad translations that has changed the original message behind the bible).

Thanks to the mistakes in the bible, folks like myself have decided to find out (through research) what the bible was truly all about. What I've found would literally destroy orthodox religion as we know it. "God" (as we know him) is not what orthodox religion has taught us.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
How is that?
Go ahead read the others.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
The original languages of the bible is written mostly in Hebrew mixed in with a little Aramaic. Many translations of the ancient Hebrew text were not done correctly. Here is an example of this in Genesis.

Genesis 1: 26

Here, God (singular) makes a statement in the plural form. Modern day Christians believe this is reference to the "Holy Trinity". WRONG!!!

In the original Hebrew bible, the word "God" is Elohim. Elohim is the plural form of the word Eloah (meaning God). In fact, every reference to "God" in the original Hebrew bible speaks of a plural God (Elohim). Few American Christians know that their faith is a single deity is a result of a bad translation into Old English (one of MANY bad translations that has changed the original message behind the bible).
If you research the Ugaritic texts you will find out exactly where old El originated from....there have always been plural gods in religious beliefs and that fact hasn't changed at all...even in Christianity.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Since I cannot rep him I must agree with Mike. The Bible is the inspired word of God and the OT is confirmed by Christ and the Bible has 66 books and 40 authors and not a single mistake or contradiction while the other books are full of mistake and contradictions. The Koran has one author who clearly is selfserving and the same for the book of mormon. There is no other book of God than the Bible.
That statement is probably true for you & Mike since you've clearly not read any of the ancient texts that were written prior to the bible...including the Hebrew texts of the OT. Had ya'll done that....even taken a cursory glance at some of those texts....you would find that what you've read in the bible is not as unique as you think it is.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:26 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
If you research the Ugaritic texts you will find out exactly where old El originated from....there have always been plural gods in religious beliefs and that fact hasn't changed at all...even in Christianity.
Interesting! From what I've read, Ugaritic texts were the "bridge" between ancient cuneiform (which the Sumerians used) and our modern day alphabet. WOW!!! I bet they would reveal some of the "mystery" behind the bible. I am interested in reading what you have found (you already know what I've found from ancient Sumer about God)

Old 09-08-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Interesting! From what I've read, Ugaritic texts were the "bridge" between ancient cuneiform (which the Sumerians used) and our modern day alphabet. WOW!!! I bet they would reveal some of the "mystery" behind the bible. I am interested in reading what you have found (you already know what I've found from ancient Sumer about God)
There is plenty of info out there and it will clearly show that Yahweh is nothing but a syncretistic version of El....minus all his sons, consorts, etc...

Old 09-08-2010, 09:47 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That statement is probably true for you & Mike since you've clearly not read any of the ancient texts that were written prior to the bible...including the Hebrew texts of the OT. Had ya'll done that....even taken a cursory glance at some of those texts....you would find that what you've read in the bible is not as unique as you think it is.
I have read plenty but none of them had a stamped date on them only theorized date of origin. I do believe the Bible is accurate and ancient as has been presented by its authors. Setting theorized date to counter ones factual dates is a red herrin method of circular reasoning so I will stick with my faith in the facts of the authors.

I realize the Biblical writings has many similarities with other writing but which actually came first? Only theories can guess.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I have read plenty but none of them had a stamped date on them only theorized date of origin. I do believe the Bible is accurate and ancient as has been presented by its authors. Setting theorized date to counter ones factual dates is a red herrin method of circular reasoning so I will stick with my faith in the facts of the authors.

I realize the Biblical writings has many similarities with other writing but which actually came first? Only theories can guess.
You're joking right?????? We know exactly which came first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity