Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 07:15 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,376,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

GOD DOES NOT HEAR THE PRAYERS OF SINNERS

So how did you ever get saved???!?!??!?!?!?

Peace,
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 07:31 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,668,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

Peace,
Brian
Please read my post (#14) Brian...and especially where I say this:

This verse (John 9:31) has no reference to the prayers which sinners make for salvation.

God Bless you.

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:49 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,029,774 times
It's truely sad that some people think that God does not hear our prayers. Even the vilest of all sinners can be redeemed. God hears our soul longings, not words on a page. When the sinner longs with his heart for his salvation, God will grant Him his prayer. God is no respecter of person whether they are saints or sinners. He loves every single one of us.

If God did not hear the sinners prayer, even after that sinner repeatedly sinned, He would not be loving and merciful and not a God I would worship. God loves us. He adores us. We are not the sinful depraved creatures false teachers want us to believe. We are His most beloved creation on earth and He loves the saint as much as the sinner.

So sad when people don't know this. Shame on you for thinking and believing you are worthless and not deserving of His love.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:08 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,954,450 times
Quote:

This verse (John 9:31) has no reference to the prayers which sinners make for salvation.

God Bless you.

In Christ's love,
Verna.

Thankfully God gave me a partner and companion in life for 28 years now and was given to me while I had no real interest in living like you say people should. It was that act of Gods love that made me realize I was worthy while those in religion could not see it and judged me as a damned man.

I see the fight going on in you Verna, you actually know you are worthy, you know others are worthy, but religion still has a hold on you. Let it go and be free.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:25 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,376,195 times
Quote:

God Bless you.

In Christ's love,
Verna.
Verna,
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question..

Blessings,
Brian

Old 10-19-2010, 09:32 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,771,486 times
Hebrews 7:26, when read in context, is simply stating that Christ is our superior high priest who is himself set apart from sinners, in that he himself has no sin. That is why we need him as our high priest to intercede on our behalf.

He is sinless and therefore his intercession before God on the behalf of all sinners is perfect.

It is also interesting to note that when Christ taught the apostles how to pray, that he told them to pray for the forgiveness of our trespasses(sins) even as we forgive those who trespass against us.

People who believe that they do not sin do not pray as Jesus taught the apostles to pray, instead they pray like the pharisee prayed, being self righteous and sanctimonious they pray thanking god that they are not like sinners, and therefore they are not justified according to Christ.

Also, notice that Jesus was always in the presence of sinners, such as the tax collector with whom he supped. As a matter of fact he spent so much time with sinners that he was called a Harlot-monger and a winebiber by the self righteous pharisees who themselves despised others(Luke 18:9).

As a matter of fact every person whom Christ healed were sinners. The fact is even if you only sinned once in your life you are a sinner.

That is why Paul said that we even as Christians are no better than the very ones who reject the gospel and slander us.

Romans 3:9
What shall we conclude then? Are we any better? Not at all! We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin.

And so Paul said of himself in the present tense, that he was chief among sinners. Also remember that peter was obviously still a sinner when he walked with Christ as he tempted Christ not to die and was called Satan for that very reason and then after the death of Christ he denied Christ not once, not twice, but three times knowing full well he was lying and rejecting Christ for fear of death and also after Christ ascended as is proven by the fact that he hypocritically taught contrary to the gospel that we must observe the law before he was rebuked by the apostle Paul ... And God obviously heard the prayers of Peter even while he was still a sinner when he worked miracles in the name of Christ.

Don't let Verna's false teachings make you stumble people, know that God hears your prayers as Christ is our intercessor before him, faithful to intercede for us when we do sin.

1Jo 2:1
My dear children(in Christ), I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Remember we were warned of the wolves that would come among the lambs, who would not spare the flock but who would greedily and hungrily and ferociously seek to devour us. Don't allow them to steal your faith, they are messengers of Satan who seek to make you doubt the fact that Christ has saved you.

God bless ...

Old 10-19-2010, 09:54 AM

889 posts, read 2,715,059 times
Verna said, "I am not righteous...I am so unworthy, so wretched...it is the righteousness of Christ within me...it is His Spirit within me that gives me the power to be an overcomer."

Amen to that!

Verna, Hi! I hope you're feeling well. You put a lot of time, energy and typing into your threads and posts!

As I go through this world a sinner, I hope that God still hears my prayers. If I didn't think so, it would all be for nothing. I may as well quit praying and go do the things that I want to do, but don't because I'm a Christian now. I know that God sees Jesus when He looks at me since I accepted Him as my saviour. Not that we have a license to sin. Best wishes, "cityflair"

Old 10-19-2010, 11:28 AM

Brian, First, you quoted me...

Quote:
GOD DOES NOT HEAR THE PRAYERS OF SINNERS
Then, you asked me this in response to the quote you quoted by me...

Quote:

Peace,
Brian
...so, I directed you to my post (#14) to explain how Gos does not hear the prayers of sinners...unless, of course, it is the prayer of salvation...

Quote:

God Bless you.

In Christ's love,
Verna.
So, now you come back as if you didn't get your answer...? That's odd.

Quote:
Verna,
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question..

Blessings,
Brian
I was a sinner, deep in sin...tired and weary and lost...praying for my salvation...and He heard me

In Christ's love...and prayefully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:37 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Verna, Prayer of Salvation ????????? , which bible are you getting that from .

Faith in His grace is the way of salvation Ephesians 2 verse 8.

I will say to you what i said to Twin Spin , if God could love us while we were still sinners(This is the greatest thing that as ever happened in the history of man) , answering any kind of prayer for a sinner is not diificult for Him

Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityflair View Post
Verna said, "I am not righteous...I am so unworthy, so wretched...it is the righteousness of Christ within me...it is His Spirit within me that gives me the power to be an overcomer."

Amen to that!

Verna, Hi! I hope you're feeling well. You put a lot of time, energy and typing into your threads and posts!

As I go through this world a sinner, I hope that God still hears my prayers. If I didn't think so, it would all be for nothing. I may as well quit praying and go do the things that I want to do, but don't because I'm a Christian now. I know that God sees Jesus when He looks at me since I accepted Him as my saviour. Not that we have a license to sin. Best wishes, "cityflair"
cityflair...hi I am feeling a lot stronger now, every day gets better...thank you.

If you "don't do the things that you want to do" (which I understand that they would be the wrong things to do by the way you worded your response) then that would mean that you are not transgressing the laws of God (the Ten Commandments), which is sin; satisfying the lusts of your flesh and willfully sinning...? Am I correct? If I am understanding you correctly, and you are not doing these things, then your prayers are being heard!

Blessings to you dear friend,
Verna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity