Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 07:30 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,625,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
Careful Heartsong you don't want to risk going against the fundamentalist teaching of "literal" lake of fire teaching that God the consuming fire ( Hebrews 12:28-29 ) made

the fire in the LOF is the same consuming fire mentioned in Hebrews 12:28,29, It's GOD! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! clearly fire is symbolic
Exactly, it's symbolic!!

Old 06-06-2011, 08:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Revelation 21 also says, "The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp."
Yes, the city is a much better place to be than the lake of fire.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:29 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Jesus said the unbelievers who reject his dieing on the cross as payment for their sins will be cast into the lake of fire .
Where did Jesus say this exactly?

Old 06-06-2011, 08:31 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You couldn't get it right even if you had no left hand to type with .... (humor)

Here is the correct Biblical teaching:
  • God is going to damn people for their unbelief \ rejection of Jesus.
    • not because of disbelief in hell
  • The begging for mercy occurs prior to sent to their damnation...not after sentencing, not after being sent (final judgement) Matthew 25.
Nice try to advert. I don't go around accusing God of whatever...not like the usual accusers here do. Yes, you and your crowd will be accountable for the arrogant attitude. Job was put in his place, don't expect anything less.

Is that the image you conjure up ? ...( "burning of the flesh" ) What's next, that satan is a little red guy with a pitch fork, two horns and a red pointed tail? If that's really what you think, you've been watching too many horror flicks.

Guess you haven't considered that hell's punishment was originally meant for non-physical beings. The devils are terrified about the upcoming judgement..........I have no idea what horrific ramifications that will encure for a physical human being. For that matter we are not told by God exactly what it will be, thus the reason for descriptions of what we can relate to. The same BTW for heaven...there is no exact description, only imagery.

.... act all surprised if you want...you're not fooling God if I can see thru your accusations. Do you need them pointed out or should we start a list and hand it over to God for review?
I never said your belief was that God would damn someone because they didn't believe in hell.

Many Christians teach that people will beg for mercy in the fire and beg for a drop of water on their tongue.

Any image that I may have "conjured up" for the ET'ers hell was taught to me as a young child in traditional mainstream Christian church, not in horror flicks. The preacher said a few months ago (Baptist church), "The problem is not that they are on fire. The problem is that they stay that way forever." If you don't believe that, good for you. And good for you if you don't believe God will burn people's flesh. I assumed you did based on all the rants you've previously posted. Most ET'ers believe that, in case you didn't know.

Please feel free to point out my "accusations" or make a list to turn over to God. Like I said, I'm very happy to be held accountable for believing God will NOT torture people.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:10 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
Quote:
I never said your belief was that God would damn someone because they didn't believe in hell.
My point was that some in your crowd have said it, that not believing in hell God send's people there. That is not the case...

The false gospel is for the those who truly think they will not be damned for their unbelief that hear the message of the "all'ers".

Quote:
Many Christians teach that people will beg for mercy in the fire and beg for a drop of water on their tongue. Any image that I may have "conjured up" for the ET'ers hell was taught to me as a young child in traditional mainstream Christian church, not in horror flicks.
I don't know if what you remember hearing is exact or if that is what you are wanting them to say. However, "people will beg for mercy in the fire and beg for a drop of water on their tongue." is based from Luke 16:19-31.

There is no doubt that some will in an attempt to make the point, to over emphasize the state of existance of the unbeliever in hell. But even if that were the case... point to time when Jesus tells the half truth.

Quote:
The preacher said a few months ago (Baptist church), "The problem is not that they are on fire. The problem is that they stay that way forever."
If you don't believe that, good for you. And good for you if you don't believe God will burn people's flesh. I assumed you did based on all the rants you've previously posted. Most ET'ers believe that, in case you didn't know.
Do I believe that Jesus knew what he was talking about....yes I do.
Do I believe that Jesus speaks in half truths...no I don't

Do I believe that Luke 16:19-31 is Jesus' way of a "knowing in part" 1 Corinthians 13:12 of things that will happen after death ..... yes I do

Do I believe that Luke 16:19-31 is a "knowing in part" of John 3:36 .... yes I do.

Do I believe Jesus said Luke 16:19-31 because God is sadistic, unfair or Jesus tells stories ... No absolutly not.

I believe Jesus told Luke 16:19-31 because it would be unloving for God to not warn people of the consequence of dying rejecting his Word. That is why he says: ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets' (the written word...our Bible that we have today)

Quote:
Please feel free to point out my "accusations" or make a list to turn over to God. Like I said, I'm very happy to be held accountable for believing God will NOT torture people.
Be careful of what you ask .... God is a very accurate stenographer.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:26 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
If you didn't see that in the bible , I suspect you haven't read it. Study to show yourself approved. That is a command from the word of God.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:29 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,076 times
Quote:
Tartova is talking about Gehenna...which is synonomous with the Lake of Fire Rev 20..too bad people think it is hell...sure hell on earth.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So you don't think about the fiery torture future your neighbor may have to endure if you don't change him into a Christian that believes as you do? Why wouldn't Christians think on that, picture it, and wonder why that picture doesn't resemble the god Jesus proclaimed he was the image of?

I have so much faith in what Jesus' god can do that I know all men will know him and be redeemed..."be saved"

Ye of little faith who proclaim their god incapable of saving all humans although he wills that all be saved. May you have the experience of what you believe your god is truly doing to most humanity (non-Christians) so that you, by contrast, will see Jesus' God as he truly is.

I feel that anyone who really thinks Jesus gave witness to the god of hell has never really bothered to know the God who is love.

yes, you wouldn't take your precious time to have a burden as Christ had a burden for his people.

As Jesus spoke-Oh Jerusalem , how I would gather you as a mother gathers her chicks , but you would not.

That is a burden and Christ loved them.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
You must know that the unbelievers will be caste into the lake of fire. Doesn't the word say that generally??Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-06-2011 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: Personal attacks are not allowed per the TOS

Old 06-06-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Exactly, it's symbolic!!
Oh yes, it is symbolic, It describes it as fire and an complete lake. Doesn't sound too good to me! Jesus described it as a place of torment and weeping and gnashing of teeth.

By your dismissing it that there is no hell, you send many there. You believe all will be saved. Jesus spoke often of how others will send others to hell of perversion of the word.
By your beliefs you make the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross in vain because you believe we are all saved and hell does not exist.

You say that Jesus was not needed at all. We just all get saved! Your message is NOT THE MESSAGE CHRIST GAVE US.

You have NO burden for others . You are not Christ like at all. You don't believe what Jesus told us in his very word. There IS A HELL!! You deny his truth daily in your group of non-believers and lead others to do the same. The others who you send to hell will be there with you and it will not go pleasant for you as you deny Christ's message that you must repent to be saved and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.ONCE THEY ACCEPT CHRIST AND LIVE FOR HIM, THERE IS NO HELL OR DEATH FOR THEM!

Jesus died on the cross for the way that we will NOT GO TO HELL. It is his word and truth-all truth of what Jesus was saying in his word.

Do you know there is a responsibility to God not to change the word?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity