Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 09:53 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You are in serious error and rejection of the truth.

The Bible is the Word of God and is absolutely Inerrant.

Everything that God chose to reveal to the human authors of the Bible was recorded by them with perfect accuracy.

The Scriptures are not human viewpoint, but are the Holy Spirit's use of human agencies and lanquage.

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21] For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man; but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

2 Tim 3:16 'All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

The principle of Inspiration means that the Scriptures are 'God - breathed' -Theopneustos. It involves both inhale and exhale. In the inhale, the Holy Spirit communicated to the human authors of the Bible. In the exhale, the writers, using their own vocabulary and literary style permanently recorded with perfect accuracy God's complete message to man.

The Bible is therefore the perfect divine norm and standard.

And none of the variations among the manuscript copies, and none of the inclusions or exclusions in certain manuscript copies have caused any doctrine or any of the message that was in the original autographs to be lost.

I feel sorry for those who, claiming to be believers, cannot understand this.
~ Again these verses you listed as the Absolute, is Contridicting.

Does 'ALL Scripture' = 'Prophecy 0f Scripture'? Nope.
This absolute is contridicting.
You are professing a 'false doctrine'.

Does Breath = Words? Nope.
This absolute is contridicting.
You are professing a 'false doctrine'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 10:25 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
How can people believe the actual bible was given to us by God? Several reasons.

A: Jesus always qouted "the scriptures" as God who spoke through Moses, Pslams, the Prophets

B: never once do we read about Jesus critiquing the scriptures as not being accurate.

C: The apostles admitted what they wrote was not of their doing

D: The Apostles admitted that what they wrote were scriptures
the same word connection for scriptures that Jesus used for scriptures in what Moses, Pslams and the prophets wrote
D: the Scripture cannot be broken ...John 10:35

People believe because Jesus himself says so

Old 02-11-2012, 11:32 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,530 times
A.) Yes, Moses and David was listed as Prophets too.
Those of what we call The New Testament times
spoke of 'Scripture' as from The Prophets of what we call
The Old Testament times.

B.) Incorrect, Jesus was critiquing Ps.110:1 Of Matt.22:41-45

C.) Please give Chapter and Verse for discussion. Thanks.

D.) Again, John 10:34-36 Jesus was critiquing a scripture from Ps.82:6
Does God not call us 'gods'? Do you not believe this scripture?

Old 02-11-2012, 08:37 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
How can people believe the actual bible was given to us by God? Several reasons.

A: Jesus always qouted "the scriptures" as God who spoke through Moses, Pslams, the Prophets

B: never once do we read about Jesus critiquing the scriptures as not being accurate.

C: The apostles admitted what they wrote was not of their doing

D: The Apostles admitted that what they wrote were scriptures
the same word connection for scriptures that Jesus used for scriptures in what Moses, Pslams and the prophets wrote
D: the Scripture cannot be broken ...John 10:35

People believe because Jesus himself says so
Absolutely true twin! Great post!

Old 02-11-2012, 09:53 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I agree Mike. I don't understand how anyone can claim to know God and reject His Word.
I don't reject God's word. I reject the idea that a complicated book that can be interpreted hundreds of different ways by bible scholars while still claiming inerrancy is the work of God.

I believe God speaks to us directly through the holy spirit. The bible is a book of religious significance that has a lot of great things in it. God did not write it though, man did.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And indeed ILNC, no one who rejects His word does or can know God. Such people are deceiving themselves.
Inerrantists rely on their perceived superiority to elevate their opinions so high that they claim to know what relationship others have with God. I can assure you that you have no concept of the closeness of my relationship with God to have made such an absurd statement.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:27 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I don't reject God's word. I reject the idea that a complicated book that can be interpreted hundreds of different ways by bible scholars while still claiming inerrancy is the work of God.

I believe God speaks to us directly through the holy spirit. The bible is a book of religious significance that has a lot of great things in it. God did not write it though, man did.
You don't believe He wrote it, you don't believe He can keep it error free...you have rejected it.

Old 02-11-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
You don't believe He wrote it, you don't believe He can keep it error free...you have rejected it.
Yes, I have rejected "it", the bible (as being inerrant and as being written by God), but I have not rejected God's word. They are not the same thing. God's holy spirit speaking directly to my heart and soul is God's word. I have not rejected God's word.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 AM

63,819 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Inspiring writers is NOT writing. God inspired the writers of scripture to record what they had received in their own words using their understanding of God and reality (including their specific culture, traditions and superstitions). NOTHING written and interpreted by humans or in the hands of humans can ever be inerrant or infallible, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Yes, I have rejected "it", the bible (as being inerrant and as being written by God), but I have not rejected God's word. They are not the same thing. God's holy spirit speaking directly to my heart and soul is God's word. I have not rejected God's word.
Jesus Christ is the Living Word of God and He abides with us. His Holy Spirit (Comforter) is available within our consciousness to guide us to what God has "written in our hearts."

Old 02-12-2012, 12:28 PM

84 posts, read 112,806 times
I suppose this would be a good example:

A person can be inspired by God's power to become a doctor. But just because he recieves the inspiration from God doesn't mean he is perfect in the endeavor.

The Bible does have God's truth in it, but that truth is also filtered through the mindset of the people during that time. Their mindset was influenced by pagan ideas of who God was. They still had a relationship with the true God, but just like with all of us our view of God is distorted by the imperfect examples that surround us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity