Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:30 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times

Advertisements

All will believe the message of the Bible eventually.

Death is the great equalizer. All debates stop and truth is revealed.

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 10:42 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,530 times
I believe the message of the bible.

I just don't believe 'false doctrine' as the bible message.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:57 PM

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God
and is profitable for Doctrine..." - 2Tim.3:16

But, not all scripture is Doctrine.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:02 AM

33,249 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
Peter referred "IN" Paul's epistles
"Of These Things" - 2 Pet.3:16

"Prphecy 0f Scripture" - 2Pet.1:20
from "Holy Men 0f God" 'moved by the Holy Spirit. v.21

'These Things' Peter compared 'IN' Paul's epistles
of what "The Holy Prophets
and Commandment of The Lord said. - 2Pet.3:2

- Peter did not refer to Paul's epistle AS Scripture.
- Peter spoke of Scriptures, "These Things" IN Paul's epistles.

""Paul....has written to you as Also IN all his epistles
speaking IN them OF THESE THINGS....as they do also
the rest of Scripture' - v.16

Peter was stirring their memory of Scriptures from
The Holy Prophets and what The Savior taught about
"The Day 0f The Lord". - 2Pet.3:2,9
All of the New Testament is Scripture, just as all the Old Testament is Scripture. Peter was indeed comparing Paul's letters to the Old Testament Scriptures. The New Testament Scriptures were communicated by the Holy Spirit to the human writers who recorded in their own vocabulary and literary style all that the Holy Spirit communicated to them. As Jesus said in John 16:12, ''I have many more things to say to you, but you can not bear them now, 13] ''But when He, the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14] ''He shall glorify Me; for He shall take of Mine, and shall disclose it to you. 15] ''All things that the Father has are Mine; and I said, that He takes of Mine, and will disclose it to you.

The New Testament books are the fulfillment of this teaching ministry of the Spirit. The Holy Spirit taught the apostles those things which Jesus had said earlier that He had to say to them but could not at that time.

Peter said that the writings of Paul contain things that are hard to understand, and which the untaught and unstable distort as they do the rest of the Scriptures. Peter put what Paul wrote on a par with the rest of the Scriptures. Paul's letters contain the advanced doctrines which pertain to the church. To deny them as Scripture is foolish.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
All of the New Testament is Scripture, just as all the Old Testament is Scripture. Peter was indeed comparing Paul's letters to the Old Testament Scriptures. The New Testament Scriptures were communicated by the Holy Spirit to the human writers who recorded in their own vocabulary and literary style all that the Holy Spirit communicated to them. As Jesus said in John 16:12, ''I have many more things to say to you, but you can not bear them now, 13] ''But when He, the Spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14] ''He shall glorify Me; for He shall take of Mine, and shall disclose it to you. 15] ''All things that the Father has are Mine; and I said, that He takes of Mine, and will disclose it to you.

The New Testament books are the fulfillment of this teaching ministry of the Spirit. The Holy Spirit taught the apostles those things which Jesus had said earlier that He had to say to them but could not at that time.

Peter said that the writings of Paul contain things that are hard to understand, and which the untaught and unstable distort as they do the rest of the Scriptures. Peter put what Paul wrote on a par with the rest of the Scriptures. Paul's letters contain the advanced doctrines which pertain to the church. To deny them as Scripture is foolish.
~ No one wrote in their 'epistles' 'letters'
of the new "Testament" AS Scriptures
AS we refer to them AS.

~ Paul spoke much on his own authority.

Read the 2nd epistle of Peter he spoke of 'THINGS' which was common knowledge to The Apostles of 'Scripture'. The Coming 0f The Lord.
The Day 0f The Lord.
Paul wrote "IN" "his epistles' of "These Things" which being hard to understand the unstable & the unstable twist to their destruction.

Understand what Peter was talking about in his epistle.
And you'll see he was not saying Paul Wrote Scripture.

Peter was saying Paul wrote "IN" 'his epistle' of "These Things"
which was of Scriptures of "The Day 0f The Lord" - Ps.102:25,26

Old 02-09-2012, 03:06 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
I don't understand TXboomerange? If he doesn't want to believe the Bible, its fine with me. Live and let live. Why does he feel the need to attack others because they do?

Old 02-09-2012, 07:49 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
I don't understand TXboomerange? If he doesn't want to believe the Bible, its fine with me. Live and let live. Why does he feel the need to attack others because they do?
Where did I attack anyone? If I "attacked" anything in this thread it was the methods used to try and explain contradictions and errors. And I haven't thrown out my bible, it still has good things in it. I just don't think it is inerrant, infallible, or all God's will. I feel it is a historical book with testaments and witness of those who lived long ago. I also see it as a book covered in the fingerprints of humans. I personally rely on prayer to reveal God's will for me and have felt closer to Him since I stopped reading the bible with the mindset that it was inerrant. I haven't shared this perspective with my family yet because I know that it will be a big issue. My concern is that their reaction will be much like what I've experienced here, that they will think I can't believe in God and Christ without believing the bible is inerrant and infallible, yet my prayer life and inner peace have never been more clear and enjoyable.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:39 AM

So glad to see I'm not the only one!

Most of the people I talk to about the bible
tell me I don't believe the bible.
When I continually quote scripture to them of believing.

City Data is a leader.
I've found no other place like it.
I've been banned from so many 'christian message boards'
because of some of the things I've said on here.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:01 AM

I think I've posted this on here before but it's worth posting again.

The 'false doctrine' of what is known as
'THE Bible' being the inerrant infallible word of God
is not Scripture.

I can prove it by the instructions printed in the back of NKJ.
By Thomas Nelson Publishers have wanted everyone to study the bible as if it is the inerrant infallible word of God. They say so....

Under Their: "HOW To Study The Bible" Pg.1821

"111. Principle Of Bible Interpretation" Pg.1830

"1.) Always Remember That THE Bible IS God's INFALLIBLE INERRANTLY INSPIRIED WORD. THERE IS NO MISTAKES IN THE BIBLE."

Folks, this statement is not 'Bible Scripture'.

It's their "Bible Interpretation" they say so.

And this is the 'false doctrine' their Pulpit Puppets have taught us.
As they've provided for themselves a very good industry of controlling us!

Is it any wonder why there are so many fractions among us?

Old 02-10-2012, 02:29 PM

25 posts, read 22,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I still haven't seen anyone give any type of answer to the following:

IF THE BIBLE IS SO IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL TO LIFE, GOD WOULD HAVE MADE EVERYONE LITERATE AND MADE SURE EVERYONE GOT A COPY.
Your question is flawed. God did not begin by giving us the Bible. If He had, then you would be correct...lots of people would not have been able to read it.

Instead, God left us the Catholic Church, and later, through, the Catholic Church, we received the Bible.

So, your question is a good one in that it forces us to put the horse before the cart and not the other way 'round as many non-Catholics attempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity