Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 02:15 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I just dont know which ones are to be kept, How are those choices made regarding the ones we keep and the ones we dont? I dont see a clear distinction in the NT. So it is hard for people to see it. I know there are many scriptures that speak about the law, so when i see that i jump to the conclusion that it must speak of the mosaic law, every single one of them. but i do think God would not place 613 laws in addition to what Christ did. It is just difficult to see.
I think when it doubt go to Abraham as he is deemed the "father of the faithful" meaning we are all saved as he was. If this is the case, than Abraham was saved prior to the covenant of circumcision and 430 years prior to the Mosaic Law. He was justified by believing God in his promises.

Than why was the Mosaic Law given? Long story short, to show us our need for a Redeemer. No one has ever been saved by "Keeping the Mosaic Law". I think it's important to note what Law we are talking about because Christ fulfilled the Mosaic Law. The Mosaic Law could never save anyone. If anyone could be saved by Keeping it, than we wouldn't need a Savior. It's purpose is to bring us to Christ so we can be justified by faith in Him with imputation of His righteousness (Romans 9).

So we are all saved like Abraham. The Lord says he believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness. Abraham had faith in God that he would deliver a child even though Sarah was ~100 years old. Abraham demonstrated faith by offering his son to be heir Issac. So by Faith are we saved. Faith demonstrates itself in faithfulness in our walk being led by the Spirit producing fruit.

What Law are we under? Christ's Law. The Lord exalted his Authority over Moses. (Matthew 5,6,7)

Matthew 5:27-29

27Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

The Lord just expanded the Demands of the Mosaic Moral Law. We aren't saved by never looking upon a woman with lust in our heart.

If we are we are in BIG trouble! We are saved by Grace through faith in Messiah in that he did fulfill the entire law. It doesn't mean the Law isn't there. It means by faith in Christ there is no transgression (meaning no penalty which must be punishable by death).

So it's not about "Keeping Laws". The New Covenant is about Flesh vs Spirit which war against each other. Only through dependence on the Holy Spirit can one overcome the natural flesh response. We have Liberty to serve as a Spiritual creature abiding in Christ to produce fruit.

It's ALL about producing fruit gang.

Galatians 5

1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

7Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

9A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

10I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

11And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

12I would they were even cut off which trouble you.

13For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

14For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Abiding in Christ by dependency on the Holy Spirit to walk in his Law producing fruit.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Luke 8:15
But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

John 15:8
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

The Holy Spirit is released in Faith.

Galatians 3

1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Gal 5:14

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 09:53 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph1980 View Post
Mike, please can you provide some more information on what the "believer's rewards" are that will be awarded to the obedient at the judgment?

Thank you

Stephanie
Stephanie, first I want to point out that eternal salvation is spoken of in the Bible as a free gift. Romans 6:23 'For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.' You do not work for a free gift. Eternal life is free for us because Jesus Christ paid the price in full for us. Therefore, eternal life is yours at the very moment you simply place your trust completely in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.

On the other hand, rewards are earned. God rewards the faithful service of the believer during his time on this earth. This is well established in the Scriptures.

Luke 14:13-14 ''But when you give a reception, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14] and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.''

1 Cor 3:12 'Now if any man builds upon the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13] each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it, because it is to be revealed with fire; and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. 14] If any man's work which he has built upon it remains, he shall receive a reward; 15] If any man's work is burned up, he shall suffer loss (of reward); but he himself shall be saved, yet so as through fire.'

2 Cor 5:10 'For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Eph 6:8 'knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.'

2 Tim 4:8 'for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.'

Rev 22:12 'Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

With regard to 1 Cor 3:14 which is shown above, C. I. Scofield wrote the following:

2(3:14) God, in the N.T. Scriptures, offers to the lost, salvation; and for the faithful service of the saved, He offers rewards. The passages are easily distinquished by remembering that salvation is invariably spoken of as a free gift (e.g. Jn.4:10; Rom.6:23; Eph.2:8-9), whereas rewards are earned by works (Mt.10:42; Lk19:17; 1 Cor.9:24-25; 2 Tim.4:7-8; Rev.2:10; 22:12). A further distinction is that salvation is a present possession (Lk.7:50; Jn.3:36; 5:24; 6:47), whereas rewards are a future attainment, to be given at the rapture (2 Tim.4:8; Rev.22:12).
[New Scofield Reference Edition 1967, p.1235]

What are the nature of the rewards?

Stephanie, I'm going to have to finish this tomorrow. I'm too tired to do any more right now.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:13 AM

122 posts, read 185,549 times
Quote:
Skyking, thanks for your insight... could you tell me what you think of this verse? I've been looking at it lately:

Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, until the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made, and it was put in place through angels by an intermediary. Galatians 3:19

In interpreting this verse, I'm interested in your take on the following...

- What law is it referring to?
- What transgressions caused it to be added?
- Who are the "offspring to whom the promise had been made"?
- Does the word "until" mean that the law referred to here would at some point become obsolete?
- When was this law put in place?

I really appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks so much!!
I get these updates daily Steph and find them to be very helpful and useful studies,I'm reading through them and see what you make of this, we'll see if it lines up close with the other material
The Berean: Galatians 3:19

The end of Galatians 3:19, as well as verse 20, show that the "law" here was not just instruction to a group of people by a superior—the reference to a mediator ...

At this point in his epistle, it occurs to Paul that it would only be normal for someone to ask the question,

Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 AM

661 posts, read 622,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyking2 View Post
I get these updates daily Steph and find them to be very helpful and useful studies,I'm reading through them and see what you make of this, we'll see if it lines up close with the other material

The end of Galatians 3:19, as well as verse 20, show that the "law" here was not just instruction to a group of people by a superior—the reference to a mediator ...

At this point in his epistle, it occurs to Paul that it would only be normal for someone to ask the question,

The interpretation (from the article you linked) is pretty close to what I think Galatians 3:19 means...

The old covenant was added to a pre-existing law which has always existed, because of Israel's transgression. I have read somewhere recently that the 10 commandments were given to Israel and when they grossly transgressed these, the additional statutes and ceremonial laws were given. Apparently there was 1 year between the giving of these two elements of the law. The 10 commandments was merely God writing down the law that had been in force since creation. The article you shared talked about "the transgressions" being the sinful, pagan way of life they adopted in Egypt.

But either way, the "added law" which was in force for Israel until Christ came, was the full set of statutes and ordinances, which now no longer applies under the new covenant. When Christ came, He expanded on the scope and intent of the eternal law of God, and it is this (not the old covenant statutes) that are written on our hearts by the Spirit of God, and which we are commanded and taught to obey. These are the "righteous requirement of the law" which we follow as we walk after the Spirit.

People who say we don't have to obey God or that we aren't "under law" haven't IMHO recognized the distinctions made in Scripture about law.

Just what I have been pondering lately.. I don't know if what I have said here makes sense or is completely accurate, what are your thoughts?

Old 02-10-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Stephanie, first I want to point out that eternal salvation is spoken of in the Bible as a free gift. Romans 6:23 'For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.' You do not work for a free gift. Eternal life is free for us because Jesus Christ paid the price in full for us. Therefore, eternal life is yours at the very moment you simply place your trust completely in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.

On the other hand, rewards are earned. God rewards the faithful service of the believer during his time on this earth. This is well established in the Scriptures.

Luke 14:13-14 ''But when you give a reception, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14] and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.''

1 Cor 3:12 'Now if any man builds upon the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13] each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it, because it is to be revealed with fire; and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. 14] If any man's work which he has built upon it remains, he shall receive a reward; 15] If any man's work is burned up, he shall suffer loss (of reward); but he himself shall be saved, yet so as through fire.'

2 Cor 5:10 'For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Eph 6:8 'knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.'

2 Tim 4:8 'for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.'

Rev 22:12 'Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

With regard to 1 Cor 3:14 which is shown above, C. I. Scofield wrote the following:

2(3:14) God, in the N.T. Scriptures, offers to the lost, salvation; and for the faithful service of the saved, He offers rewards. The passages are easily distinquished by remembering that salvation is invariably spoken of as a free gift (e.g. Jn.4:10; Rom.6:23; Eph.2:8-9), whereas rewards are earned by works (Mt.10:42; Lk19:17; 1 Cor.9:24-25; 2 Tim.4:7-8; Rev.2:10; 22:12). A further distinction is that salvation is a present possession (Lk.7:50; Jn.3:36; 5:24; 6:47), whereas rewards are a future attainment, to be given at the rapture (2 Tim.4:8; Rev.22:12).

Stephanie, I'm going to have to finish this tomorrow. I'm too tired to do any more right now.
Thanks Mike, I will look out for the rest. Hope you had a better sleep than me, my toddler was up sick all night.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:45 AM

[quote=Mike555;22920579]Stephanie, first I want to point out that eternal salvation is spoken of in the Bible as a free gift. Romans 6:23 'For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.' You do not work for a free gift. Eternal life is free for us because Jesus Christ paid the price in full for us. Therefore, eternal life is yours at the very moment you simply place your trust completely in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.

1.) One of the eternal rewards for the believer who advances to spiritual maturity is rulership.

In Rev 3:21 Jesus said ''He who overcomes I will grant to him sit down with Me on My throne, as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.''

Rev 2:26 ''And He who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken to pieces, as I also have received authority from My Father;''

In the parable of money usage in Luke 19, Jesus speaks of the faithful ruling. Some over five cities, some over ten cities. This shows different levels of authority among believers.

And this rulership will not be just in the Millennial kingdom, but throughout all eternity. Rev 22:5 'And there shall no longer be any night; and they shall not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God shall illumine them; and they shall reign forever and ever.

2 Tim 2:12 'If we endure, we shall also reign with Him; If we (believers) deny Him, He also will deny us (rewards). Some believers will reign over five cities; some believers will reign over ten cities as per Luke 19, and some will not reign over anything.

2.) At the judgment seat of Christ believers will be given a robe of righteousness - a uniform of glory which is in accordance with their righteousness. Every believer will have and does have the righteousness of God, but at the judgment seat of Christ one of the rewards issued for faithful service rendered to God is a uniform which will reflect their own righteousness (remember the Experiential Sanctification I have mentioned a number of times) Rev 19:8 'And it was given to her (the bride - the church in heaven) to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.'

This robe or righteousness, this uniform of glory will not be the same for every believer, but will vary in brightness and glory reflecting the works of the believer during this life. 1 Corinthians 15:41 'There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.' 1 Cor 15:41 suggested to Paul the differences between a natural body and a spiritual body. In Dan 12:3 resurrected saints are compared to stars. ''And those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.' Matthew 13:43 says, ''Then the rightness will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.'' As star differs from star in brightness and in glory, so also will the believers uniform of glory differ in brightness and glory.

This uniform of glory is not the righteousness which was imputed to the believer when he believed in Christ, but represents the deeds which are found by Christ at the judgment seat to be 'gold, silver and precious stones' (1 Cor 3:12).

3.) The believers rewards are spoken of in terms of crowns. The writers of Scripture borrowed from the Roman army the concept of wreaths or crowns of which there were several varieties such as the Corona Obsidionalis, the Corona Civica, the Corona Navalis, the Corona Muralis, the Corona Castrensis, and the Corona Triumphalis.These crowns were awarded for different reasons.

A wreath was also awarded to the winner of the ancient games. And so, the concept of crowns was used by the writers of Scripture with reference to the eternal rewards of the spiritually mature believer.

1. The Crown of Righteousness: The crown of righteousness is awarded to every believer who advances to spiritual maturity and maintains that maturity to the end of his life (2 Tim 4:8). In 1 Corinthians 9:25-27, Paul compares the Christian life to a race, and tells us that, as in a race, not everyone is awarded a crown of victory. In the ancient games the winner in the games received as one of his awards a crown of leaves which faded after a few days. But the Crown of Righteousness endures forever.

2. The Crown of Life is given to those believers who have persevered under pressure (James 1:15).

3. The Crown of Glory: Though this crown is available to all believers who advance to spiritual maturity, pastors are specifically mentioned with regard to this crown (1 Peter 5:2-4).

4.) The spiritually mature believer has an anonymous invisible impact on history, but in eternity the impact that he had on history will be known to all. The spiritually mature believer is an invisible hero in time, but in eternity, his deeds will be recorded for all to see. Rev 3:12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore...'' As an example, in James 2:9 James, Cephas and John were reputed to be pillars. They of course were not anonymous, but in general the mature believer may go completely unnoticed in time. But in eternity his impact on history will not be unrecognized.

There's more, but this should illustrate that there will be different levels of reward; different awards, decorations and privileges in eternity based on the believers spiritual life and service in time.

Some people will say that you shouldn't care about earning rewards, but these rewards glorify Jesus Christ. It glorifes God when He blesses the believer. God thought it important to speak about these rewards, and every believer should strive to attain them just as Paul did.

2 Tim 4:7 'I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; 8] in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks Mike, I will look out for the rest. Hope you had a better sleep than me, my toddler was up sick all night.
I hope your baby gets over it quickly. I haven't felt well now for over five weeks. I got sick before the New Year and it's been dragging on.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:35 AM

[quote=Mike555;22926340]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

1.) One of the eternal rewards for the believer who advances to spiritual maturity is rulership.

In Rev 3:21 Jesus said ''He who overcomes I will grant to him sit down with Me on My throne, as I overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.''

Rev 2:26 ''And He who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken to pieces, as I also have received authority from My Father;''

In the parable of money usage in Luke 19, Jesus speaks of the faithful ruling. Some over five cities, some over ten cities. This shows different levels of authority among believers.

And this rulership will not be just in the Millennial kingdom, but throughout all eternity. Rev 22:5 'And there shall no longer be any night; and they shall not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God shall illumine them; and they shall reign forever and ever.

2 Tim 2:12 'If we endure, we shall also reign with Him; If we (believers) deny Him, He also will deny us (rewards). Some believers will reign over five cities; some believers will reign over ten cities as per Luke 19, and some will not reign over anything.

2.) At the judgment seat of Christ believers will be given a robe of righteousness - a uniform of glory which is in accordance with their righteousness. Every believer will have and does have the righteousness of God, but at the judgment seat of Christ one of the rewards issued for faithful service rendered to God is a uniform which will reflect their own righteousness (remember the Experiential Sanctification I have mentioned a number of times) Rev 19:8 'And it was given to her (the bride - the church in heaven) to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.'

This robe or righteousness, this uniform of glory will not be the same for every believer, but will vary in brightness and glory reflecting the works of the believer during this life. 1 Corinthians 15:41 'There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.' 1 Cor 15:41 suggested to Paul the differences between a natural body and a spiritual body. In Dan 12:3 resurrected saints are compared to stars. ''And those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.' Matthew 13:43 says, ''Then the rightness will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.'' As star differs from star in brightness and in glory, so also will the believers uniform of glory differ in brightness and glory.

This uniform of glory is not the righteousness which was imputed to the believer when he believed in Christ, but represents the deeds which are found by Christ at the judgment seat to be 'gold, silver and precious stones' (1 Cor 3:12).

3.) The believers rewards are spoken of in terms of crowns. The writers of Scripture borrowed from the Roman army the concept of wreaths or crowns of which there were several varieties such as the Corona Obsidionalis, the Corona Civica, the Corona Navalis, the Corona Muralis, the Corona Castrensis, and the Corona Triumphalis.These crowns were awarded for different reasons.

A wreath was also awarded to the winner of the ancient games. And so, the concept of crowns was used by the writers of Scripture with reference to the eternal rewards of the spiritually mature believer.

1. The Crown of Righteousness: The crown of righteousness is awarded to every believer who advances to spiritual maturity and maintains that maturity to the end of his life (2 Tim 4:8). In 1 Corinthians 9:25-27, Paul compares the Christian life to a race, and tells us that, as in a race, not everyone is awarded a crown of victory. In the ancient games the winner in the games received as one of his awards a crown of leaves which faded after a few days. But the Crown of Righteousness endures forever.

2. The Crown of Life is given to those believers who have persevered under pressure (James 1:15).

3. The Crown of Glory: Though this crown is available to all believers who advance to spiritual maturity, pastors are specifically mentioned with regard to this crown (1 Peter 5:2-4).

4.) The spiritually mature believer has an anonymous invisible impact on history, but in eternity the impact that he had on history will be known to all. The spiritually mature believer is an invisible hero in time, but in eternity, his deeds will be recorded for all to see. Rev 3:12 'He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore...'' As an example, in James 2:9 James, Cephas and John were reputed to be pillars. They of course were not anonymous, but in general the mature believer may go completely unnoticed in time. But in eternity his impact on history will not be unrecognized.

There's more, but this should illustrate that there will be different levels of reward; different awards, decorations and privileges in eternity based on the believers spiritual life and service in time.

Some people will say that you shouldn't care about earning rewards, but these rewards glorify Jesus Christ. It glorifes God when He blesses the believer. God thought it important to speak about these rewards, and every believer should strive to attain them just as Paul did.

2 Tim 4:7 'I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; 8] in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.
Interesting... Does it mention anywhere about believers leaving the judgment of Christ without rewards, or is that just assumed?

Old 02-10-2012, 12:09 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
1 Corinthians 3

10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

This is the passage which is commonly referred to for those "in Christ" at the Judgment seat of Christ.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:28 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,761,220 times
Oh how interesting. So I guess one can say the following are null and void eh?

Matt 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to complete.
Matt 5:18 “For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.
Matt 5:19 “Whoever, then, breaks one of the least of these commands, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the reign of the heavens; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the reign of the heavens.
Matt 5:20 “For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall by no means enter into the reign of the heavens.

Matt 7:22 “Many shall say to Me in that day, ‘Master, Master, have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?’
Matt 7:23 “And then I shall declare to them, ‘I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!’
Matt 7:24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine, and does them, shall be like a wise man who built his house on the rock,
Matt 7:25 and the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
Matt 7:26 “And everyone who hears these words of Mine, and does not do them, shall be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand,

1John 2:3 And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commandments.
1John 2:4 The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1John 2:5 But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Elohim has been perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
1John 2:6 The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.

Prov 28:9 He who turns away his ear from hearing the Torah, Even his prayer is an abomination.

Rev 22:12 “And see, I am coming speedily, and My reward is with Me, to give to each according to his work.

Rev 22:14 “Blessed are those doing His commandments, so that the authority shall be theirs unto the tree of life, and to enter through the gates into the city.

It's as plain as day that NOTHING was "done away with" and that one IS to observe and DO the commandments handed down to Moshe as Messiah Yahushua came to elevate them and make it clear they were for ALL of those that were Israel, the only one's with a covenant with YHVH the Father. It's also clear that Messiah wasn't desiring ANY adoration for HIMSELF but gave ALL praise, honor and glory to the Father YHVH. And that it was MOST important to follow the Words of Elohim.

John 5:24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me (YHVH) possesses everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity