Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 03:32 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you do not agree with it, why can't you just clarify your view. Why do you always have to accuse people of something?

Do you agree with the OT the way is is written? Yes, or no?

Do you believe this the way it is written: Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land
Because you read your bible like a newspaper,you come out with stuff like this(i'm being polite). You would agree I'm sure that Jesus Christ is our example ?......... Yet here you are with your 100% bible believers inquisition of supposed heretics,defending a belief of God because you read scripture like a newspaper that contradicts the example Jesus set us,and you believe God and Jesus Christ are the same ?. Are you serious ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 03:43 PM

64,026 posts, read 40,336,559 times
Quote:
If you do not agree with it, why can't you just clarify your view. Why do you always have to accuse people of something?
Do you agree with the OT the way is is written? Yes, or no?
What kind of question is that? It is written the way it is written . . . there is nothing to agree or disagree with about that.
Quote:
Do you believe this the way it is written: Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, destroying all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land
That is a written description interpreted by the prevailing belief that ALL things that happened were from the Lord (or God). Whether or not it describes an actual event is a separate issue from their belief that it was God who was responsible for it as punishment. The latter is just prevailing savage ignorance . . . the former is moot. We know it is just savage ignorance because Jesus Christ revealed a God who would never punish in that way. In fact, He even rebuked His disciples for asking Him to do it as well.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Again, strawman arguments do not improve with repetition. No one here has refused anything..
Jesus Christ said "My words are Spirit and Life", that is good enough for me. He was not saying the bible is spirit and life and if you don't believe it you cannot become or be a disciple of mine.

The written word testifies of Jesus Christ, they point to the one WE listen to.

Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!"

Old 04-27-2013, 03:53 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,038,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Jesus Christ said "My words are Spirit and Life", that is good enough for me. He was not saying the bible is spirit and life and if you don't believe it you cannot become or be a disciple of mine.

The written word testifies of Jesus Christ, they point to the one WE listen to.

Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!"
Amen.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:03 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,038,744 times
Quote:
You also did not know the OT said to love your neighbor.

God did not tell Israel to blindly kill everyone who was not a Jew. There were wars, and God helped Israel win the wars, and there were specific reasons for those wars. If Israel did not have a standing army, they would have been wiped out, and then you would blame God for not protecting them. You can't wil with people like you because you will always find an angle to make God look bad.
Are you insinuating that the children of Israel did not rebel against God's perfect laws? Why do you suppose the Jews missed knowing the Messiah Christ when he appeared? They searched the scriptures more than anyone and did not recognize him. Same thing today in Christendom far and wide. You are, simply put, Finn, a very obstinate man who would rather win an argument than know the truth. It would be too hard for you to ever admit that you misunderstood the scriptures because of your continual insulting of the spirit of grace. You prove that you insult the spirit of grace by the way you talk to people who worship God in spirit and truth. I doubt that will change for you on this side of the grave.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times
Quote:
Because you read your bible like a newspaper,you come out with stuff like this(i'm being polite).You would agree I'm sure that Jesus Christ is our example ?......... Yet here you are with your 100% bible believers inquisition of supposed heretics,defending a belief of God because you read scripture like a newspaper that contradicts the example Jesus set us,and you believe God and Jesus Christ are the same ?. Are you serious ?.
Strawman arguments do not improve with repetition.

You call making false claims about posters being kind? It must be that "UR love" thingy again.

Knock it off, and for crying out loud, quit reading the Bible like a newspaper.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What kind of question is that? It is written the way it is written . . . there is nothing to agree or disagree with about that.
Yes, or no please.

Quote:
That is a written description interpreted by the prevailing belief that ALL things that happened were from the Lord (or God). Whether or not it describes an actual event is a separate issue from their belief that it was God who was responsible for it as punishment. The latter is just prevailing savage ignorance . . . the former is moot. We know it is just savage ignorance because Jesus Christ revealed a God who would never punish in that way. In fact, He even rebuked His disciples for asking Him to do it as well
That sounds like a "NO".

I was right. Thanks for proving my point.
Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-29-2013 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: sarcasm

Old 04-27-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I never heard anyone say that, except you. It is yet another strawman argument.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Strawman arguments do not improve with repetition.

You call making false claims about posters being kind? It must be that "UR love" thingy again.

Knock it off, and for crying out loud, quit reading the Bible like a newspaper.
Is there anything in the post of mine you are quoting that you disagree with ?.

False claims about being posters being kind ?. I have told you numerous times like many others have that I believe the scriptures, I have also told you numerous times that I am not a universalist. The amount of people of posters that have asked you in particular to stop misrepresenting their belief, speaks for itself.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I never heard anyone say that, except you. It is yet another strawman argument.
Well lets see . Do I need to believe the bible 100% to be a disciple of Jesus Christ ?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity