Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 06:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,826,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I can't recall if Finny ever said, but I was thinking he swings Baptist. If so, he would not get on well in a Pentecostal congregation and many others for that matter. Is there a new denomination now called BIBLEist? It seems like it - they put the bible above all things. 66 books BOUND TOGETHER by men. Okay, stand back and wait for the accusers to come along and say I hate the scriptures..... Are we in a rubber room yet?
You need to work on your baiting skills, because you make it too obvious that you are just looking for an argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If only you understood that God is at war against all the stands between us an him to bring about reconciliaton.then you would read the Old Testament scripture in a whole new light. Mr Finn Jarber you are sodom and Gomorrah and you are all the other actors playing out the drama of scripture
I feel mostly like Jeromiah when talking to people like you. God gave him the truth but everyone rejected it.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:12 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,425,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I feel mostly like Jeromiah when talking to people like you. God gave him the truth but everyone rejected it.
You are so kind, it must be a wonderful feeling having the Jeremiah feeling. XX

Old 04-28-2013, 08:25 AM

58 posts, read 77,372 times
Quote:
Jesus taught we who follow Him John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." Continue to show people what Jesus offers and know that the enemy will do all he can to cause confusion and doubt about what Jesus really came to do. Or as mama always said "consider the source"!

God Bless and have a great Lords day.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
You are so kind, it must be a wonderful feeling having the Jeremiah feeling. XX
Well, you said I was like the "actors" in the OT, so I picked one. He was called the "weeping prophet" because he tried to share the truth, but people had hardened their hearts and rejected it. Eventually they paid the price for their rebellion against God. If I am Jeremiah, then I suppose you would be Zedekiah.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Well, you said I was like the "actors" in the OT, so I picked one. He was called the "weeping prophet" because he tried to share the truth, but people had hardened their hearts and rejected it. Eventually they paid the price for their rebellion against God. If I am Jeremiah, then I suppose you would be Zedekiah.
If only you knew we play all the parts, you would see God,scripture,yourself and your neighbor in a different light .

Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,450,665 times
Quote:
If only you knew we play all the parts, you would see God,scripture,yourself and your neighbor in a different light .
It is a very interesting perspective, pcamps.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:51 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,476,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Jones View Post
Jesus taught we who follow Him John 10:10 "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." Continue to show people what Jesus offers and know that the enemy will do all he can to cause confusion and doubt about what Jesus really came to do. Or as mama always said "consider the source"!

I wonder who it is, that actually comes to steal, kill, and destroy the Word of God?
Could it be those within their own religiosity of mind and spirit?

Indeed, one should consider the source which resides within the thoughts of men; that of their own.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Jones View Post

You are correct about the enemy. He works over-time to spread confusion and doubt.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-28-2013 at 10:20 AM..

Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
Is the God of the Old Testament the same God Jesus taught of?
The God portrayed in the old testament is not the God, Jesus Christ made known to us by his life and what he taught.
It is absolutely clear in the New Testament writings that not only did we not know God but even by the Old Testament writings could we could not truly know him.

Jesus also said this marvelous thing too

"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity