Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2014, 07:52 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You fool no one with these deflections, and attempts to change the topic.
Can you spell out what these deflections are ?.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:02 AM

1,030 posts, read 842,650 times
Pcamps since you believe those who believe they are saved and cannot loose that salvation are wrong and will receive God's wrath for believing such, just how do you believe one can loose that salvation?

Old 04-28-2014, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Pcamps since you believe those who believe they are saved and cannot loose that salvation are wrong and will receive God's wrath for believing such, just how do you believe one can loose that salvation?
I never said you can lose it. The wrath of God does not send you to eternal torment, as is believed among the eternal torment community.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
His error was exposed, so he changed his argument from "OSAS is nonsense, clueless. doctrine of demons" to arguing the "hell is nonsense, clueless doctrine of demons". He does this sort of thing all the time. It is hard to keep your stories straight when they are not built on a solid foundation.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I never said you can lose it. The wrath of God does not send you to eternal torment, as is believed among the eternal torment community.
But you claim that the belief that one cannot loose their salvation once obtained would bring the "wrath of God" upon them. So do you believe that someone can loose their salvation or not?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:37 AM

For our Roman friends, I saw this quote and wondered if it is accurate or not. Could you tell me and if it's wrong could you provide a correct answer?

Quote:
The Roman Catholic Church teaches that salvation is by baptismal regeneration and is maintained through the Catholic sacraments unless a willful act of sin is committed that breaks the state of sanctifying grace.
Thanks for taking time to address this.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
But you claim that the belief that one cannot loose their salvation once obtained would bring the "wrath of God" upon them. So do you believe that someone can loose their salvation or not?
No, i never said such a thing at all. I said the wrath of God is coming upon that which is not put to death in us.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
His error was exposed, so he changed his argument from "OSAS is nonsense, clueless. doctrine of demons" to arguing the "hell is nonsense, clueless doctrine of demons". He does this sort of thing all the time. It is hard to keep your stories straight when they are not built on a solid foundation.
Finn Jarber, rather than keeping on making these snide remarks, show me what it is thats been exposed, by quoting me and quoting yourself. If not keep your snide remarks to yourself.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
You are trying to argue everyone is saved, and at the same time you argue everyone is not saved. Which is it?
Where? Where have i said everyone is not saved. Remember too, what i believe being saved is not what you believe it to be. Salvation from eternal hell is a doctrine of demons.

What i do believe without a shadow of doubt is those who hold to the teachings of men will be the last ones to enter into the salvation of the Lord(freedom from our true enemy ). If any man believes salvation is salvation from eternal hell he does not know what salvation is yet.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-28-2014 at 11:49 AM..

Old 04-28-2014, 11:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where? Where have i said everyone is not saved. Remember too, what i believe being saved is not what you believe it to be. Salvation from eternal hell is a doctrine of demons.
Yes, why not. There is nothing snide about the comments, because they state the truth. Here is how you lost the argument about security of salvation, and then jumped into arguing about something else.

Quote:
Pcamps: once saved always saved a doctrine of demons.
Quote:
Pcamps: Once saved always saved is a doctrine of demons which tickles the ears of evangelical Christianity which is clueless to the kingdom of God
Quote:
Pcamps : I am just pointing out the shallowness of the beliefs of fundamental christianity,no depth but lip service towards a belief, if you believe the right things you go to heaven, also known as once saved always saved a doctrine of demons.
Quote:
Finn_Jarber : I can assure you there are millions of Christians who serve the Lord in their daily lives. If you do not believe people are always saved, then logically it means you believe they are NOT SAVED, and it is indeed ironic considering the fact that on other days you claim everyone is always saved.

Quote:
Pcamps: I will say again in truth, evangelical christianity is the most clueless shallow form of religion known to man.
Quote:
Finn_Jarber : If you do not believe people are always saved, then you must believe they can
lose their salvation. You believe in two opposing beliefs.
Quote:
Pcamps (changing the topic) : salvation is not being saved from eternal hell
LOL You can't make it up folks....

No one said anything about hell. You threw it in as a straw man argument, when you could no longer defend your earlier claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity