Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 04:41 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,869,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I dont sit around talking about sex with women, I sure wouldn't talk about sex with other men and frankly, you wouldn't even have to talk about sex in my house and my family, even getting close to the subject is enough to make us feel uncomfortable, and if somebody literaly talks of it, I am sure that I do not know where to look.
You are the typical 'repressed' Christian.

Quote:
They are completely given over to their desires, and that is exactly what I have witnessed with all of them.
You need to get a new brush old thing. A new brush will hold more tar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I have had some uncomfortable experiences myself.
One was a co-worker that openly expressed his same sex attraction. The man was overt in advertising explicit details of his relationships. Even after I specifically asked him to not speak of such things with me. For one we are at work, and two it's inapproprate to speak of such vularities with others.
Yet the man seemed to have no sense of respect for others. He continued to the point of harassment. And I had to report him to my supperiors at work.
And this was only one such experience.
Same here! One was a co-worker that openly expressed his Christian beliefs regarding homosexuals being 'damned'. The man was overt in advertising explicit details of his relationships with 'Jesus' too, even after I specifically asked him to not speak of such things with me. For one we are at work, and two it's inappropriate to speak of such things with those that don't share your hatred of homosexuals. Yet the man seemed to have no sense of respect for others. He continued to the point of harassment. And I had to report him to my superiors at work. And this was only one such experience. But I have had a few other encounters.[/quote]

Quote:
It just seemed odd to me that someone would be so intrusive in a social environment.
Me too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 08:32 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,405,775 times
Quote:
Nothing inherently wrong?
What's next, change the definition of monogamy to justify sin?

Monogamy is when you are married to, or in a )sexual relationship( with, one person at a time.
Pin, as I suspected, your posts about mothers and "begetting" had no bearing on the point that there is nothing inherently harmful or unloving about a monogamous same-sex relationship. Now you say I want to change the definition of monogamous, why?

Old 01-05-2017, 08:39 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,405,775 times
Quote:
No.

I did not elicit the man's encroaching behavior. I politely asked him not to speak to me of such vulgarities.
Yet the man continued in the vulgarities and furthered his behavior.
Agression has many forms.
Women have put up with that kind of behavior from straight guys in the workplace since always. But somehow because you, a man, were on the receiving end for once, that justifies prejudice against all gay men? That makes as much sense as saying heterosexuality is sinful and all straight men are condemned because some men are pigs towards women.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:02 AM

504 posts, read 300,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
It is fairly standard for some people on this board. They gotta figure out SOME way to think they are persecuted, ya know?
How very, er... 'christian' of them!

Old 01-05-2017, 10:44 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,869,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
If we had gone down this road previously and you or anyone else had responded with a satisfactory answer the same question wouldn't need to be continually asked, now would it? There really is no need to make a mountain out of this. Are same-sex practices as recorded in the Bible applicable to our present-day definition of the term homosexuality or are they solely referencing idolatry and shrine temple prostitution? I'm simply asking for a 'yes' or a 'no' and appropriate explanations for one or the other. If the answer is, "Yes, same-sex practices as recorded in the Bible ARE applicable to our present-day definition of the term homosexuality," then I will ask how you arrive at this from your interpretation of specific Bible texts. If the answer is, "Bible references to same-sex practices refer to idolatry and shrine temple prostitution and don't at all reference the present-day definition of homosexuality," then I will ask why then are these scriptures used to condemn gay people.
Still none of them brave enough to accept the challenge I see.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:21 AM

23,182 posts, read 10,478,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I don't sit around talking about sex either ...never have. In fact, any guy that would do so would bore the crap out of me. However, to state that one's obsession with sex is predominantly a 'gay' thing is being unrealistic and you must know this.
I pity the person who was more obsessed with sex than me when I was young, but it still isn't the same thing, even when I was obsessed, I didn't go around talking about it and I wasn't proud of iit either. Me and my friends had other things on our minds besides sex and we would rather hang out with each other than to hang out with girls ,most of the time. Being obsessed with sex comes and goes with most men and even at our worse, none of us was ever obsessed with sex like the gays we knew. Do you even know any gay people in real life? I hardly think I am the only one who has noticed the difference but then I have been around very many gays. I would say that Romans 1 was so right on that it would prove God.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:49 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,381,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Women have put up with that kind of behavior from straight guys in the workplace since always. But somehow because you, a man, were on the receiving end for once, that justifies prejudice against all gay men? That makes as much sense as saying heterosexuality is sinful and all straight men are condemned because some men are pigs towards women.
Ouch He's probably going to claim that he wasn't making that generalization but really, whats the point of even pointing out "similar experiences" in this way if not as a justification for it for ones prejudices? I've heard a at least a few people try to make similar arguments that all Muslims support terrorism (based on some rather laughable experiences ).

Old 01-05-2017, 12:44 PM

23,182 posts, read 10,478,178 times
The interweb is not exactly how it happens in real life, I don't vote and so I am no harm to anyone's agenda and allthough I have an opinion, stating an opinion on the interweb is not real life. I will state my opinion in here and it's like people think they have to defend gays and lesbians from me when the truth is, I have lesbian friends that would come in here and laugh at the people who call me names. I don't change my opinion to fit everyone's need and that is probably the biggest reason I am friends with Lesbians who know exactly what my opinions were. The gay men that I used to hang around knew exactly how I felt and they thought I was funny but I didn't lie or change what I thought and they were good enough to let me have my own opinion withought us being enemies. For some unknown reason, today's society are so offended by everything that nobody is afforded an opinion even if his opinion isn't hurting anyone. People talk on the interweb as if you have committed some heinous crime if your opinion doesn't match how they think you should think and then they start building walls as if I am about to terrorize somebody with my opinion.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:29 PM

63,870 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:

Old 01-05-2017, 01:53 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,711,948 times
Quote:
Oh dear, you read my mind and put it down in words! Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity