Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 12:53 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Just waiting on a consensus......any minute now...... Peace
Consensus is not likely to be reached when a large sector of the population under question is not willing to address the issue. The answer to the question is "One, that is dropped gratuitously and not in reasonable context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 01:48 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You can't change 3.000 years of prejudice and misunderstanding when people don't want to examine it.
It strikes me as extremely odd that there is so much focus on Carnal things in a religion told expressly to focus on Spiritual things.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:25 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It strikes me as extremely odd that there is so much focus on Carnal things in a religion told expressly to focus on Spiritual things.
It's not that complicated.
A certain dominion has tried to change the definition of Marriage.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:56 PM

504 posts, read 300,880 times
I read the OP, and not the plethora of pages in between, but has anyone else commented about the dishonesty or at the very least, misleading, of the headline post on the alt-right WND?

There is nothing restricting the 1st Amendment. Nothing.

However, it has everything to do with using accepted science and medical (mental) procedures in dealing with clients who may be LGBT in a counselling situation of JUVENILES that the State of Kentucky is involved in. Talk about seeing conspiracy issues! Is this a standard for this board?

Old 01-02-2017, 07:59 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,932,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
...at what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You can't change what the bible says about homosexuality . . .
Who is trying to change what the Bible has to say about same-sex practices affiliated with idolatry and shrine temple prostitution? This IS mentioned but only in three or four places in the entire Bible. HOWEVER, there is NO mention of same-sex practices as per modern definition in any context OTHER THAN idolatry and shrine temple prostitution.

Quote:
. . .and dude thinks he has found a way but there is no way to change it.
'Dude' is simply reading the Bible and evaluating the so-called 'clobber texts' as per their actual context. Why are you not doing the same?

Quote:
It doesn't mean homosexuals go to hell, it is a sin like any other sin and the Christians who point at Homosexuals are just as bad as the people they point their finger at. They are adulterers, fornicators and homosexuals but they wont admit it. The law is simply there to show all of us that we are all found guilty, I am just as guilty as any homosexual but I don't try and change the law to fit my lifestyle, in fact, accepting my guilt is my salvation.
Where am I attempting to change any laws? All I have done so far is to ask a question. And, it's a question that should be easy to answer by anyone who reads the Bible and applies appropriate context. The problem is that most Christians DON'T do this but rather mindlessly regurgitate the dogma of mainstream Christianity on this topic. I don't!

Quote:
But dude acts as if he has proven something that he has not, and if nobody answers him, it doesn't mean that he has proven anything. What he is trying to prove looks ridiculous to me because you just can't change what is said.
'Dude' can't act as if he's proven something until someone answers his question. And, since you're all so coy answering the question ...I'll answer it for you. There are NO references in the Bible other than with regard to idolatry and shrine temple prostitution where same-sex practices are mentioned.

There. Are you content to let me have the last word or do you challenge this statement?

Old 01-02-2017, 08:32 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,932,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
Yes, I do. You apparently know so why not explain it? Romulus is correct so what is there to laugh at? If you say that he's wrong then answer his question:

"Are there any Bible texts pertaining to same-sex activity that DON'T refer to idolatry and shrine temple prostitution?"
Quote:
I've gone down this road with both of you before and you both know it, so don't challenge me to a reposting of what you can't deny. Peace
If we had gone down this road previously and you or anyone else had responded with a satisfactory answer the same question wouldn't need to be continually asked, now would it? There really is no need to make a mountain out of this. Are same-sex practices as recorded in the Bible applicable to our present-day definition of the term homosexuality or are they solely referencing idolatry and shrine temple prostitution? I'm simply asking for a 'yes' or a 'no' and appropriate explanations for one or the other. If the answer is, "Yes, same-sex practices as recorded in the Bible ARE applicable to our present-day definition of the term homosexuality," then I will ask how you arrive at this from your interpretation of specific Bible texts. If the answer is, "Bible references to same-sex practices refer to idolatry and shrine temple prostitution and don't at all reference the present-day definition of homosexuality," then I will ask why then are these scriptures used to condemn gay people.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:18 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
I read the OP, and not the plethora of pages in between, but has anyone else commented about the dishonesty or at the very least, misleading, of the headline post on the alt-right WND?

There is nothing restricting the 1st Amendment. Nothing.

However, it has everything to do with using accepted science and medical (mental) procedures in dealing with clients who may be LGBT in a counselling situation of JUVENILES that the State of Kentucky is involved in. Talk about seeing conspiracy issues! Is this a standard for this board?
It is fairly standard for some people on this board. They gotta figure out SOME way to think they are persecuted, ya know?

Old 01-03-2017, 02:21 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,883,612 times
Quote:
The law is simply there to show all of us that we are all found guilty, I am just as guilty as any homosexual but I don't try and change the law to fit my lifestyle...
What "laws" are you talking about.

Quote:
But dude acts as if he has proven something that he has not, and if nobody answers him, it doesn't mean that he has proven anything.
No it doesn't... but it does indicate that those that claim he's wrong don't have anything to support their claim.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:27 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,614,119 times
Quote:
I've gone down this road with both of you before and you both know it, so don't challenge me to a reposting of what you can't deny. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Basically, "It didn't fly before and I see no reason for it to make sense now."
BOOM!

Bavo!

Old 01-03-2017, 10:19 AM

23,239 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Who is trying to change what the Bible has to say about same-sex practices affiliated with idolatry and shrine temple prostitution? This IS mentioned but only in three or four places in the entire Bible. HOWEVER, there is NO mention of same-sex practices as per modern definition in any context OTHER THAN idolatry and shrine temple prostitution.

'Dude' is simply reading the Bible and evaluating the so-called 'clobber texts' as per their actual context. Why are you not doing the same?

Where am I attempting to change any laws? All I have done so far is to ask a question. And, it's a question that should be easy to answer by anyone who reads the Bible and applies appropriate context. The problem is that most Christians DON'T do this but rather mindlessly regurgitate the dogma of mainstream Christianity on this topic. I don't!

'Dude' can't act as if he's proven something until someone answers his question. And, since you're all so coy answering the question ...I'll answer it for you. There are NO references in the Bible other than with regard to idolatry and shrine temple prostitution where same-sex practices are mentioned.

There. Are you content to let me have the last word or do you challenge this statement?
Sorry bro, it just looks like a ridiculous question to me, that the only homosexuality that is immoral and sinful is when it involves idols or shrines or something?

That would be reaching so extremely, I don't have an answer for you and I doubt anyone does, it is a non issue as far as I am concerned, it is a silly question in my opinion, sorry.

I don't see myself any better than homosexuals because I sin as much as anyone does, but I know what sin is, and I know that I have not reached my potential because of willful sin.

People will always take the bible and try to make it better, or try to make it change, to try and change the law, but the law is not double minded on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity