Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 03:46 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,731,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm surprised that he's not claiming Jesus was gay too since he hung out with men. Hey that's proof enough for him! People like him need David to be gay in the Bible on the thinnest level of evidence so he can build this case to support the sin of homosexuality and expound anger and hatred for those who do not.

Yeah makes total sense. King David was so gay that he actually had a man murdered so he could sleep with his wife! Maybe it's just me, but I kinda think that makes you very heterosexual.
If Jesus were gay, would you then reject Him as your savior? You already reject Him as your Lord.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:55 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,754,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
If Jesus were gay, would you then reject Him as your savior? You already reject Him as your Lord.
No, I reject the false Christ that you present which in my opinion is nothing more than a prop version of Christianity fueled by Satan. Certainly explains why you are so mean and nasty to Bible believers and make up lies about me like the one here.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:01 AM

10,096 posts, read 5,754,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
It was I who pointed out the possibility of David being gay in response to the statement that as long there was the possibility the bible condemns homosexuality, it should be taken that homosexuality was a sin.

I am claiming that the bible does not in fact condemn same sex relationships and that the bible has been corrupted to say it does. Did David not kiss Jonathan until he became large?

1 Samuel 20:41
"After the boy had gone, David got up from the south side of the stone and bowed down before Jonathan three times, with is face to the ground. Then they kissed one another and wept with one another, until David exceeded." (KJV)

Sounds to me that you are force fitting what you WANT the scripture to say. You have to look at these events in cultural context. After all in many cultures, it is normal for men to kiss each other out of simple friendship and custom. It's not sexual. Also, they are weeping. That's not sexual either. "exceeded" could mean many different things like an emotional release.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:15 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,947,173 times
Are we going to continue to respond to this drivel?

Old 05-26-2016, 07:21 AM

50,416 posts, read 64,172,963 times
The answer to your question is that most Christians do not take the bible literally. We know it has been subject to many interpretations.
Most of us feel that the overriding principles of loving one another, and hating the sin, but not the sinner, take precedence.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:28 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,270,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The answer to your question is that most Christians do not take the bible literally. We know it has been subject to many interpretations.
Most of us feel that the overriding principles of loving one another, and hating the sin, but not the sinner, take precedence.
Hate the sin? Love the sinner?

Yet on any given Sunday, millions of christains gather in a brick & mortar building, sing antiquated songs, read from a draconian book, and shout praises to an OT god who is bent on VENGENCE, OPPRESSION and FEAR?

But so many use this euphemism of HATE THE SIN, LOVE THE SINNER but RARELY spend any real time with the sinner as this seems to be a disgusting idea t so many christians. The send MONEY in lieu of contact.

I on the other hand, hate the pepperoni but LOVE the pizza...

With or without pepperoni, it is still PIZZA...whether I hate pepperoni makes little difference to the pizza...

We cannot LOVE the "sinner" if we refuse to LOVE that person entirely, without judgment and without demanding they show us they are worthy by acting and believing like we do.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:38 AM

6,804 posts, read 2,931,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Oh my, you were doing so well until you threw in the bolded part.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:56 AM

45,705 posts, read 27,308,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
If Jesus were gay, I would reject Him as the Savior of the world. Why? He would have sin on his account. He would not have rose from the dead. He would not qualify to save anyone. He would be just like everyone else on the earth.

It's preposterous to even suggest this.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 05-26-2016 at 08:20 AM..

Old 05-26-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Yet on any given Sunday, millions of christains gather in a brick & mortar building, sing antiquated songs, read from a draconian book, and shout praises to an OT god who is bent on VENGENCE, OPPRESSION and FEAR?

But so many use this euphemism of HATE THE SIN, LOVE THE SINNER but RARELY spend any real time with the sinner as this seems to be a disgusting idea t so many christians. The send MONEY in lieu of contact.

I on the other hand, hate the pepperoni but LOVE the pizza...

With or without pepperoni, it is still PIZZA...whether I hate pepperoni makes little difference to the pizza...

We cannot LOVE the "sinner" if we refuse to LOVE that person entirely, without judgment and without demanding they show us they are worthy by acting and believing like we do.

Many Christians use the cliché “Love the sinner; hate the sin.” I kinda like the quote below from Christian comedian, Mark Lowry:

"Love the sinner, hate the sin? How about: Love the sinner, hate your own sin?
I don't have time to hate your sin. There are too many of you! Hating my sin is a full-time job.
How about you hate your sin, I'll hate my sin and let's just love each other!"

Old 05-26-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If Jesus were gay, I would reject Him. Why? He would have sin on his account. He would not have rose from the dead. He would not qualify to save anyone.
Interesting line of thought. So, DRob, since Jesus was sinless are we then to assume that he was heterosexual (not homosexual) and that this contributed to His 'sinless-ness'? That seems to be what you're saying.

Y'know, it never occurred to me until now that we have no clue WHAT the sexual persuasion of Jesus was. Was He gay? Was He straight? How do we know? Does it matter? And, if it doesn't matter with regard to Jesus then why should it matter for anyone else?

Isn't this yet another hole in the anti-gay Christian argument?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity