Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2016, 06:50 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Jeff, would you be okay if your friends from here on the forum were to come into your bedroom to ascertain that the intimate moments you have with your partner complies with 'Bible guidelines'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
No, and I'm not going into church, flaunting an immoral lifestyle and telling them to accept it or be branded a bigot either. That's what your side does.
Is that what gay people do ...go to church and 'flaunt' their life style? I seriously doubt that gay people do this, Jeff. I think you're making this stuff up . . .

But again - and I really need to emphasize this - how does what one might be doing in the bedroom affect you and the members of your church? Why do you choose to make this your business in the first place? This is 'bedroom stuff', Jeff. This should be off-limits to all but the participants. This includes what you and yours might get up to sexually in your own bedroom . . .

Quote:
And, how about every member of your church be told they have to fill out a weekly 'sexual affidavit' - just to make sure that they're "doing it right" - before they're allowed to enter the sanctuary? I mean, it wouldn't be right to allow anyone to slip by who was not having sex "in the love of God", would it?

Or, would it probably be best that everybody mind their own damned business like you should be doing?

Did I make my point?
Quote:
Ok then leave Christian business owners alone. Keep your immoral wedding celebration to yourself.
Christian business owners need to mind their own business as to what two consenting adults might be doing in their private moments and stick to baking cakes. As for your 'immoral wedding celebration' ...those are merely your words, Jeff, and should not unduly impact negatively on anyone else.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:00 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then explain why the homosexual infection rate is SIXTY TIMES higher than heterosexual. With your logic, heterosexuals should be contracting it much much more.
it is not. That is just what you want to believe.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Then explain why the homosexual infection rate is SIXTY TIMES higher than heterosexual. With your logic, heterosexuals should be contracting it much much more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
it is not. That is just what you want to believe.
While not intending to downplay the seriousness of HIV, I'm always somewhat skeptical about surveys and statistics since the results are often slanted in favor of a predicted outcome by those that conducted them in the first place.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:41 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Is that what gay people do ...go to church and 'flaunt' their life style? I seriously doubt that gay people do this, Jeff. I think you're making this stuff up . . .

If you are demanding that a gay couple be allowed in my church and we accept their marriage on the date night which was the stupid hypothetical then yes that is flaunting.

Quote:

But again - and I really need to emphasize this - how does what one might be doing in the bedroom affect you and the members of your church? Why do you choose to make this your business in the first place? This is 'bedroom stuff', Jeff. This should be off-limits to all but the participants. This includes what you and yours might get up to sexually in your own bedroom . . .
Quote:
I don't care what people do in their bedroom. Drop it.

Quote:

Christian business owners need to mind their own business as to what two consenting adults might be doing in their private moments and stick to baking cakes. As for your 'immoral wedding celebration' ...those are merely your words, Jeff, and should not unduly impact negatively on anyone else.
Yeah it's ALWAYS a one way street with people like you. You want us to mind our own business but have no problem throwing gay marriage in our face and demanding that we interact with it.

Old 05-27-2016, 07:51 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Why did he create Eve from a man's rib (and thus making her transgendered)?
Seriously?

Other people's sex lives don't interest me much, so the only comment I have to the OP is this: How's that beam in your eye doing these days? All taken care of, I assume.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
If you are demanding that a gay couple be allowed in my church and we accept their marriage on the date night which was the stupid hypothetical then yes that is flaunting.
Jeff, again settle down. "I" am not 'demanding' anything. One more time, I really don't care about one's intimate details. And, I'm attempting to get across to you that you shouldn't care either. One's intimate details are off-limits to all but the participants.

As for the hypothetical gay couple in your church. You would welcome them as your equals because that's what they are. At no time would you allow your mind to conjure up imaginations as to what they might do in the bedroom ...any more than you would imagine what your pastor and his wife or other members of the congregation might do in the bedroom ...yechhhh! THAT, as said, is off-limits! You/the gay couple would say a few prayers, tend to some church business, sing a few songs, listen to a sermon, sing a closing song, maybe have a pot-lunch, say your goodbyes and then go home. You go home to live your life. The gay couple go home to live their life. The following week ...wash, rinse and repeat. No one is injured in any way.

Gee, that was easy, wasn't it?

Quote:
Quote:
Clearly, you DO care what people do in their bedroom. You speak incessantly of the gay person's 'immoral lifestyle'. Where else but the bedroom would this alleged 'immoral lifestyle' be taking place?

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah it's ALWAYS a one way street with people like you.
With people like me? You don't even know me. I'm just a screen name on a forum site.

Quote:
You want us to mind our own business but have no problem throwing gay marriage in our face and demanding that we interact with it.
Again Jeff ..."I" am not 'demanding' anything from you and yours. "I" am rather 'suggesting' very strongly that you and they mind their own business regarding the intimate affairs of others.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:52 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
So homosexuals engage in intercourse and that's causing HIV? Ok got it.
80% of all HIV infections in the world are through heterosexual intercourse. Lesbians are homosexuals and have lower disease rates than any other group, and not all gay men engage in sexual behavior that has a higher risk of HIV.

Every post you make on this topic just proves that your bigotry keeps you ignorant and uneducated.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:54 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:

Yeah it's ALWAYS a one way street with people like you. You want us to mind our own business but have no problem throwing gay marriage in our face and demanding that we interact with it.
It wasn't a stupid hypothetical. Kevin and Richard are a real married couple in my church.

You know what Richard said when someone suggested we put the gaychurch.org logo on our church's website?

He said no, don't do that. It's not a gay church. It's just a church.

Doesn't fit your flaunting theory.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:07 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
80% of all HIV infections in the world are through heterosexual intercourse. Lesbians are homosexuals and have lower disease rates than any other group, and not all gay men engage in sexual behavior that has a higher risk of HIV.

Every post you make on this topic just proves that your bigotry keeps you ignorant and uneducated.
You only get the 80% because you include African countries where HIV is spread through poor healthcare, poverty and bad sanitation. That in no way takes away from the FACT that HIV is spread by homosexuals vastly more than heterosexuals in developed countries like umm America.

Look at the chart and the top 10 countries are African. So your stat is meaningless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...revalence_rate

Old 05-27-2016, 11:11 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times
Quote:
So homosexuals engage in intercourse and that's causing HIV? Ok got it.
Try answering the specific question I put to you. What sexual activity do homosexuals engage in that heterosexuals don't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity