Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 10:45 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,228,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You must mean 200 years of SOME of Christians' history. The truth does not change, nothing new.
I think it's arrogant and naive to think that you know more than what Christianity has taught for 2000 years. Not just SOME Christians....but all of Christian orthodoxy.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:46 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,228,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
1 Tim 2:12
[11] Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
[12] But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
[13] For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

Right wing Christian males will not accept women as equal, much less leaders. God made women second, from the man, for the man. Women were an after thought.
Actually...yes. I've already said that I accept women as equal. I appreciate women. Please stop lying about people you don't understand.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:54 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,371,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I think it's arrogant and naive to think that you know more than what Christianity has taught for 2000 years. Not just SOME Christians....but all of Christian orthodoxy.
I wonder about that too. That's why in the "Bible" thread post #41 I asked Nate why he hasn't written a book or a revised Bible so that we can all know the secrets of God's wisdom. I asked him this sincerely and ask it here again, because if a man truly believes he has all the answers directly and privately from the Spirit, and no one else has them, that seems like something he would want to publish and disseminate to the entire world, right?

Old 10-14-2016, 10:58 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,422,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
I wonder about that too. That's why in the "Bible" thread post #41 I asked Nate why he hasn't written a book or a revised Bible so that we can all know the secrets of God's wisdom. I asked him this sincerely and ask it here again, because if a man truly believes he has all the answers directly and privately from the Spirit, and no one else has them, that seems like something he would want to publish and disseminate to the entire world, right?
Where has Nate said he has all the answers, and that no one else has answers?

Old 10-14-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Where has Nate said he has all the answers, and that no one else has answers?
Only he can answer that question, Pleroo, but if he believes he has God's truth and it is NOT the Bible, or any other extant text, why wouldn't he want to write that down and share it with as many people as possible? That's what I've been trying to understand.

I will sincerely ask the same question of all who do not believe the Bible to be inerrant. What source text or resource may us Bible believing Christians refer to so that we may try to understand your particular, personal beliefs and save everyone's time here and hasten greater understanding for all? Thank you.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:07 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Only he can answer that question, Pleroo, but if he believes he has God's truth and it is NOT the Bible, or any other extant text, why wouldn't he want to write that down and share it with as many people as possible? That's what I've been trying to understand.

I will sincerely ask the same question of all who do not believe the Bible to be inerrant. What source text or resource may us Bible believing Christians refer to so that we may try to understand your particular, personal beliefs and save everyone's time here and hasten greater understanding for all? Thank you.
If you believe the bible is inerrant - your school system, or intellect, or common sense - failed you.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Nate has been sharing the truth. And it has been rejected time and time again, and apparently misunderstood. Even by you it seems, since you are insisting that there should be some "resource text" for people to refer to, when Nate has repeatedly encouraged people to look to the Spirit for guidance.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Nate has been sharing the truth. And it has been rejected time and time again, and apparently misunderstood. Even by you it seems, since you are insisting that there should be some "resource text" for people to refer to, when Nate has repeatedly encouraged people to look to the Spirit for guidance.
In my opinion, the Spirit is the aspect of the Trinity many people struggle the most with. Entire denominations never really talk about it much and don't really talk about personal encounters with the Spirit, at least in my experience. Other churches are much more Spirit filled or Spirit led, and then there is the whole charismatic movement and the debate over cessationism. To me, this is a topic that cries out for a lot of guidance particularly if one feels that they have such a great relationship with the Spirit that they are given clear, contextual, theological discernment from the Spirit.

I would honestly and truly love to hear from Nate what that is like for him and how this truth is communicated to him because his experiences with the Spirit are, from what I can gather, perhaps different than many other peoples'. I'd love to hear about your and anyone else's experiences as well.

The worst that can happen is someone may not agree or believe what is said. The best that can happen is that someone is edified or learns how to better interact with the Spirit. Right? Or am I wrong on this?

Old 10-14-2016, 11:21 AM

Headed out. May I suggest, Scott, starting a separate thread? It seems like a worthwhile topic for that.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:33 AM

18,515 posts, read 9,198,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The Pope would have said the exact same thing to Luther and Calvin during the Reformation, no?

When I was a conservative Lutheran, we used the term "Radical Reformation" to describe some of the other reformation movements that thought Luther didn't go far enough. The more radical reformers wanted to get rid of the "real presence" of Christ in Holy Communion, infant baptism, traditional Christian imagery, etc.

In a way, the liberal Protestantism is a kind of "Ultra Radical Reformation", where "The Spirit" is the final authority instead of the Bible or the Pope. They seem to believe that True Christianity(tm) was corrupted starting with Saint Paul, long before the Evil Pope(tm) came along. Before the Evil Saint Paul messed everything up, Christianity was all about Jesus, who was a nice guy who taught peace and love helping the poor. All of the fire and brimstone stuff from the mouth of Jesus was really just hyperbole directed at the Evil Pharisees(tm), who were the Evil Fundamentalists(tm) in Jesus's day.

Last edited by Freak80; 10-14-2016 at 11:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity