Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2017, 03:38 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Oh, but I CAN. Peace
You SAID you can't tell "sin" without the Law. "Sin" under the "New Covenant" is just "missing the mark" of the "New Commandment" to love one another. But that's a principle, not a system of laws. You don't seem to comprehend the difference, but you pick and choose which elements of the Law are to be observed physically as mandated and which are only to be observed "spiritually" even though the physical mandate is the same.

And you won't address that point when it has been called to your attention several times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 03:55 PM

23,173 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You SAID you can't tell "sin" without the Law. "Sin" under the "New Covenant" is just "missing the mark" of the "New Commandment" to love one another. But that's a principle, not a system of laws. You don't seem to comprehend the difference.

It's not easier Nate, but like myself, and just like all men do, we lie to ourselves when we don't see the gravity of what we do. I hate you, I am a murderer, and I love to hate you lol. I lust against Miss Hepburn, AS IF I COULD HELP MYSELF, and Lord knows we are one now lol, I have done went and committed fornication or adultery or some other evil nasty, nasty thing and I aint even left my house, I just lust from here.

I think somewhere it be talking about a woman bringing a man down, such is the way of Miss Hepburn as she tempts me, the desirable virgin she be and all, I mean symbolically with her free willed spirit and all.

But yeah, it is much harder and Jesus told us that we had better keep the laws of Moses better than the Pharisees and scribes and so let us discuss this before we go anywhere else.

Now that we know the laws of Moses concerning Murder has indeed changed as Jesus has brought a new covenant but now you and I are guilty of being murderers over and over Nate.

You and I couldn't possibly enter into the kingdom of heaven if our eyes are evil in that we lust for every other women we see, are we not found in sexual immorality?

What has the New Testament said of sexual immorality Nate?

Will they inherit the kingdom of Heaven?

Each and every law is this way and just saying that Jesus brought a new law is hardly good enough, would if Jesus would never have translated the law of murder and of lust?

Then we would be angry at our brother and not even knowing we were now murderers, we would be found guilty of the most great sexual immorality BECAUSE we didn't know that we were committing adultery just by opening our eyes.

What else are we missing Nate?

This is the point, unless we already know the law and love the law, how are we going to present a new covenant to anyone when we refuse to seek the laws of Jesus out?

God forbid that we continue in this way because when it has changed so drastically to make it so much more difficult, then what else are we doing on a daily basis where we are also found so guilty of things we never even knew?

Jesus did bring a new covenant, but it is only the understanding of the old covenant, the laws have no been abolished, that have IN FACT, been re affirmed and ENFORCED on a much more difficult plumbline.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Law (Torah) and the words of the Prophets hang on these two commandments:

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind.
And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
You forgot one.
There is no greater love?
Quote:
And nothing greater than love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."

Repent jerwade...
Love never fails.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Do you hate your sister, brother, mother, father, grandmother or grandfather?
And what do you mean by the word hate?

Just an outlaw/rebel who is curious.
I mean that I hate my mother and father so much that I have refused to be their child and their hate for me is much worse than my hate for them because I will be the death and fall of the both of them, and I will choose not to be their son.

Then I will undergo a transformation and begin again as the female I was meant to be, I have betrothed myself to another spirit, another Adam, and I have betrothed myself to him. I will be found as a virgin in his eyes but now as a daughter in law to a mother in law and I will hate her, and she shall hate me.

That is what comes into a house when you are trying to add something new, you want a new Adam but you are the son of Adam and Eve as the boy who would become king in all his selfishness, as the flesh wants, and as the fallen spirit wants his pride.

You have to be born again as a virgin betrothed to a New Adam, and you must become submissive only to the voice of a new bridegroom.

This is why Jesus said that from now on, there shall be 5 in a house.

Jesus comes bringing division in your house as a man who will be the strong man who cast another from his own house.

A House Divided
(Matthew 12:22-30; Luke 11:14-23)

20And the multitude cometh together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread. 21And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself. 22And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils. 23And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan? 24And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end. 27No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

You are a house and when Jesus comes to your house, it is kingdom against kingdom, son against father and father against son.

Just like Jesus told those disciples,'' You speak from the spirit of your father.''

There is a war raging and waging lol.

This is what Matthew 24 and revelation was written for amongst everything else, but it would seem that most people look to Matthew 24 and Revelation as if it is some map to future events when it is a map of what is happening inside you.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
But yeah, it is much harder and Jesus told us that we had better keep the laws of Moses better than the Pharisees and scribes and so let us discuss this before we go anywhere else.

What else are we missing Nate?

This is the point, unless we already know the law and love the law, how are we going to present a new covenant to anyone when we refuse to seek the laws of Jesus out.
No, Hannibal, what Jesus said was that our "righteousness" should exceed that of the Pharisees. "Righteousness" does not come from following the dead letters of laws, but from a commitment to the Spirit which SHOULD animate those laws. All law creates is difficulties for those who are NOT committed to that community in love, oh yes, it creates the lawyers to help those people subvert the laws' intent.

What you are missing is the difference between law and principle that I have been talking to you about for so long.

The answer to your last question is the same again: by presenting the PRINCIPLE and the Spirit that Jesus taught. Laws or rules should be derived from that principle and are ALWAYS subject to review in the light of that principle.

Some day I hope you will understand that. When we love we , really don't want to hurt those people we love, and that idea is far more effective than any law.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Do you hate your sister, brother, mother, father, grandmother or grandfather?
And what do you mean by the word hate?

Just an outlaw/rebel who is curious.
Quote:
I mean that I hate my mother and father so much that I have refused to be their child and their hate for me is much worse than my hate for them because I will be the death and fall of the both of them, and I will choose not to be their son.

Then I will undergo a transformation and begin again as the female I was meant to be, I have betrothed myself to another spirit, another Adam, and I have betrothed myself to him. I will be found as a virgin in his eyes but now as a daughter in law to a mother in law and I will hate her, and she shall hate me.

That is what comes into a house when you are trying to add something new, you want a new Adam but you are the son of Adam and Eve as the boy who would become king in all his selfishness, as the flesh wants, and as the fallen spirit wants his pride.

You have to be born again as a virgin betrothed to a New Adam, and you must become submissive only to the voice of a new bridegroom.

This is why Jesus said that from now on, there shall be 5 in a house.

Jesus comes bringing division in your house as a man who will be the strong man who cast another from his own house.

A House Divided
(Matthew 12:22-30; Luke 11:14-23)

20And the multitude cometh together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread. 21And when his friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him: for they said, He is beside himself. 22And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils. 23And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan? 24And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end. 27No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

You are a house and when Jesus comes to your house, it is kingdom against kingdom, son against father and father against son.

Just like Jesus told those disciples,'' You speak from the spirit of your father.''

There is a war raging and waging lol.

This is what Matthew 24 and revelation was written for amongst everything else, but it would seem that most people look to Matthew 24 and Revelation as if it is some map to future events when it is a map of what is happening inside you.
I dumped that Old Time Religion decades ago.
For love and hate could never co-habitate.

But I must say: My Flesh has never been selfish or self-centered.
The only adversity has been that perpetrated by others.

Wishing you all the best with your family and household struggles.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:11 AM

63,824 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Default Doctrine of salvation:Needs to have the shedding of blood, logical?

No, it doesn't. The blood was shed through the ignorance of our brutal ancestors (they knew not what they were doing). The salvation was in how Jesus as a Human reacted to the brutality. He surrendered His body and life to it in love for us all. "No greater love . . ." When He was reborn as Spirit (resurrected in a spiritual body), His human consciousness (Holy Spirit) became ONE with God's consciousness (Holy Spirit). That is what saved us all from permanent separation from God. From then on He has been available to all human consciousness as the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:49 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, it doesn't. The blood was shed through the ignorance of our brutal ancestors (they knew not what they were doing).
The salvation was in how Jesus as a Human reacted to the brutality. He surrendered His body and life to it in love for us all. "No greater love . . ." When He was reborn as Spirit (resurrected in a spiritual body), His human consciousness (Holy Spirit) became ONE with God's consciousness (Holy Spirit).
That is what saved us all from permanent separation from God.
From then on He has been available to all human consciousness as the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love.
Ah, thanks for bringing this thread a bit more on topic, my friend.
All others better repent....sorry, cheap shot.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I dumped that Old Time Religion decades ago.
For love and hate could never co-habitate.

But I must say: My Flesh has never been selfish or self-centered.
The only adversity has been that perpetrated by others.

Wishing you all the best with your family and household struggles.

Unless you hate you father Satan, you will continue to be his child, that scripture is not talking about hating any person, it is hating the evil side of you.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:02 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
Unless you hate you father Satan, you will continue to be his child, that scripture is not talking about hating any person, it is hating the evil side of you.
That doesn't sound right to me HF. I think it would result is some severe self loathing. How about you confront Satan and maybe you will see you're really not so evil? I think hate makes the "evil" stronger and that was part of the lesson of Jesus that forgiveness and love counteracts evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity